Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Requiem Mods Rank Confusion

BlackAce

I've encountered a lot of players who were trying to buy Requiem Mods that thought I was selling them used Requiem Mods because i set my listing as Rank 0. Which is the proper rank for fully charged Requiem Mods.

Our current situation is that fully charged Requiem Mods are Rank 0 and as the charges decreases the rank increases. See how weird this is? How about flipping them so it's more intuitive. Rank 0 for a depleted (defiled) mod and Rank 3 when it's fully charged.

Now, this is a very minor one at least at face value since I have 0 idea how things work under the hood for determining Rank for mods and honestly it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. But it is a nice QoL fix.

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

How would this be any QOL for the game, when the game doesn't even apply any "ranking" to the requiem mods? Traders have assigned these "ranks" to the mods, so traders need to change how they list them.

The trade confirmation dialogue box has Rank of the mod(s) shown. More than enough of my trades got cancelled first after the other party thought I was trying to scam them when they saw the "(Rank 0)" attached to the mod.

If you ask me, the really dumb thing is calling the number of uses left on Requiem (disposable) mod for a "rank". Considering that "rank" has been used for a long time for normal perma-mods to measure how much it has been upgraded (mostly with endo). 

Sure, there is a certain kind of nitpicking logic in that Requiem mods are "mods" (even if they don't function as mods), and that they look like mods, and mods have "ranks". But all that the three dots actually say is how many uses the disposable item has left.

Since the dots ("lights") go out after use, why not call them "charges". "Three charges left", "all charges left", "all three charges left" are pretty clear (to me).

So I agree with the OP that "rank" is a totally illogical word to use, but that actually applies either way you count the "rank" (with zero for unused or zero for number of uses left). Use a better word instead.

Btw, it has nothing to do with traders, it is what the game tells the two players trading (in one of the black popup boxes), so DE is actually the responsible party for this (mess).

Archived