Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Wars

helostryker

Since this topic is about PVP, Conclaves so on and  so on, I want to know if there any considerations that there should be an optional implementation of a whole clan of warframes (I mean like clans like Asur0, BROFRAME, and etc) versus another clan of warframes on the battlefield shooting/slashing one and the other?

Hosted by a super computer i assume?

With the current system (albeit, mainly the players fault) most people struggle to host 4 players + environment so imagine this multiplied for more people, i really don't think it will work i'm afraid.

this thread is in the conclave forum, so raging against pvp is kinda pointless here, it's exactly where it should be.

that said. there are technical difficulties with this idea.

if DE seriously dug into the netcode and optimized it to reduce per-user network utilization down to something reasonable. (not the 15k/sec/user it is now at idle -- seriously, no mobs, just players and it's that high) i'm talking down to 3-5k/sec/user, then you might actually get something like this accomplished.

at that point, the average user could host something in the neighborhood of 30-50 players depending on their network bandwidth.

i'm not certain of the cpu load per user as that's extremely difficult to determine from a user's perspective. (i'd have to have the tools that DE does to make that determination)

if a dedicated server binary were to be released (say to run your clan dojo or a system like this based on user account) then all bets are off.

you could easily rent a server or closet space with a gig-e or 10gbe connection and go completely insane.

that said, neat idea. =D

edit:

mainly the players fault is a gross misrepresentation. when the players start programming the netcode you can say that, until then. nope... 

Edited by xethier

this thread is in the conclave forum, so raging against pvp is kinda pointless here, it's exactly where it should be.

that said. there are technical difficulties with this idea.

if DE seriously dug into the netcode and optimized it to reduce per-user network utilization down to something reasonable. (not the 15k/sec/user it is now at idle -- seriously, no mobs, just players and it's that high) i'm talking down to 3-5k/sec/user, then you might actually get something like this accomplished.

at that point, the average user could host something in the neighborhood of 30-50 players depending on their network bandwidth.

i'm not certain of the cpu load per user as that's extremely difficult to determine from a user's perspective. (i'd have to have the tools that DE does to make that determination)

if a dedicated server binary were to be released (say to run your clan dojo or a system like this based on user account) then all bets are off.

you could easily rent a server or closet space with a gig-e or 10gbe connection and go completely insane.

that said, neat idea. =D

The thing is, the forums shouldn't  even need a seperate section for PvP, this game was perfect without PvP but of course it got infected with the PvP virus like every single other damn game ever made.

The thing is, the forums shouldn't  even need a seperate section for PvP, this game was perfect without PvP but of course it got infected with the PvP virus like every single other damn game ever made.

and those players that enjoy it have every right to discuss issues they feel inclined to discuss.

i haven't seen pvp-ers railing off about pve content (yet) (and i fervently hope they never do, i'm not a pvp fan)

however, the idea mentioned here has merit and should be discussed.

make me laugh each time i see that,

Warframe project and even original dark sector project , been made to integrate  PVP from the begining,

ppl are funny

2 more rabbits dead. When will people learn what CONCLAVES FEEDBACK means? I thought it pretty self explanatory. I guess that speaks to the mental capacity of some people. I personally think clan vs. clan would be neat, but definitely difficult to do due to hardware limitations. Lore-wise it could just be framed as tenno practicing for an invasion of their dojo by an enemy faction. But hell, even a 2v2 conclave esque type thing could work, with 2 invading players and 2 defending players, using the defending players dojo as the map. It could also open up an avenue for new pvp game modes, something along the lines of territories/king of the hill would make sense. Maybe some interplay or defending players being able to lock doors and invading players have to cipher through them? While it does open up the possibility for player-created pvp maps, there would also have to be a system to check if the dojo is large enough/complex enough for a match. Maybe rewards could be implemented here, like a badge after a certain number of successful invasions, or a dojo decoration for a number of successful defenses. Of course then there's the win-trading possibility. Maybe make private matches not count towards rewards, on matches that do count be randomly selected online, and make it impossible to play the same people within 5 games or so? I really like the general idea, and there is TONS that could come of it, but I'm sure there is a lot of work involved in even the most basic of these features, so I guess we'll see what happens.

Why would any tenno clan attack its own buddys? For what reason? If they would do so,is there a difference between them and grineer for example?

It could be like a Virtual World in a video game

Access to it would be in the clan dojo.

You access the console, choose a session and BAM! "Virtual" you in the "war".

That way we aren't actually fighting each other like the Corpus and Grineer.

Also, the same question would be asked about the conclaves. The answer is: for fun.

Edited by Kibbols123

It could be like a Virtual World in a video game

Access to it would be in the clan dojo.

You access the console, choose a session and BAM! "Virtual" you in the "war".

That way we aren't actually fighting each other like the Corpus and Grineer.

Also, the same question would be asked about the conclaves. The answer is: for fun.

Ninjas play virtual games? pff.

Conclave was made for tenno whom want to improve or test their skills during PvP battle.

Why would any tenno clan attack its own buddys? For what reason? If they would do so,is there a difference between them and grineer for example?

Same reason why ninjas would fight other ninjas. To make their clan proud of simply make their clan strong or make it a name of itself.

Tenno is like a bunch of Freelancers and freelancers don't have buddies except the ones in their circle.

Considering this is space ninjas however...does it really matter why? The thread title itself is self explanatory. CLAN WAR

• 2 months later...

ok but this is your opinion of several people. And it's really just what I see, it would many people wanted to clan wars even let senile 30 people is much more like 4 ppl. What are ye so stubborn for pvp. if you dont want , dont go. look for name of game ,, war" frame". hello? you have two words . I wish that this game was more developed  pve and pvp. And develop diplomacy between clans. He says the tenno is like big brothers. And how is it with men (humans) are also so very peace? I do not think so. So do not saying so stupidity. you do not want play pvp dont  play, but the rest of ppl will be enjoy of pvp like me and the rest of ppl. i think about of  many of players just wait when give update for war clan. i repeat again you dont want play pvp? just dont play. omg some people are so blind and so selfish.

Maybe im not master of writing, but i think everybody understand what i want to say.

Edited by koraxis

• 5 weeks later...

Hey i think that the PvP right now is ok, could be more improved, but, instead of having to have 100 v 100 players and make computers explode, they should implement a idea, where 10 players attack a dojo that has 10+ players, and all but 10 players be removed from dojo, via teleport animation. Then those 10 crawl around the HUGE dojos, and try and kill each other, Yes the lag might be horrible, BUT a clan war would last 6 months and consist of 6 overall random attacks, 3 times for each clan, whoever wins gets a clan score, and PLATINUM, oooo, aaaaa 

P.S. to all yall that are on this forum , pls note this is a pvp forum so stop complaning

• 2 months later...

without pvp this game will die, i agree pvp is a must in this game, if you dont want pvp then just go play PVE and stop complaining about pvp, coz when did a game without pvp survive to tell the story? Look diablo3 so much people going crazy about it.. without pvp it died in a month, now they are making an expansion with pvp mostly, anyway back to warframe..

Yeah clan wars would be awesome something like 5 on 5 or 7 on 7. 

Atk the dojo would be great as well!

Capture the flag would be also nice...

Edited by RandomPirate

• 2 months later...

I like this idea...i would love clan battles 5v5 is good to me... it would start to bring more people of pvp nature into the game means more $ for them...i have friends who would jump in this game in a heart beat if the pvp gets strong...don't get me wrong i love the pve part of this game but going into battles with your buds vs other clans??!! come on, the story's you will share would be epic!