Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Vram leak when starting client. DX12

SmallKittyPaws

I don't even get a WAR out of those, DX11 uses less than 1GB of VRam but tanks my GPU to 0% usage when I just look around for some reason. Now DX12 starts normally but starts to eat more VRam until I get "Insufficient Video Memory" and just closes the game.

It began in Nora's Mix.

Hey dude, absolutely similar thing is happening with me as well. It is completely unplayable, and I don't use it lightly.

Missions have stutters and freezes every 2 seconds and FPS is around 10 frames per second. I came back after a couple of months to get ready for Garuda Prime and start working on the NW track. But it is literally impossible to play at anything all.

I don't suppose you can send in your EE.log files as an attachment to Support?  Need more clues as to what the game is trying to do here!  Does it do the same thing in both Classic and Enhanced graphics engine? Fullscreen and Window?  Do you have any programs running that are trying to add visual overlays into Warframe (does the game load successfully if you disable them?)

42 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

I don't suppose you can send in your EE.log files as an attachment to Support?  Need more clues as to what the game is trying to do here!  Does it do the same thing in both Classic and Enhanced graphics engine? Fullscreen and Window?  Do you have any programs running that are trying to add visual overlays into Warframe (does the game load successfully if you disable them?)

Yes, doesnt matter if enhanced or classic, fullscreen or windowed doesnt matter. And no programs on when running Warframe, even Chrome is off.

I will open it in DX12 and when it runs out of memory I will send the logs to support.

Didnt take long, less than 30s,

1 hour ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Kaotyke, thanks for the logs.  To start with, your installed video driver is almost 2 years old. Please try updating your video driver as a first step.

But here's the issue Momaw, the driver I used to use is from January/2021... Let's call it by it's version: 9168, if I use a version newer than that, the PC tanks, loading of anything else becomes sluggish, even opening Explorer or startup.

The driver you saw that is almost 2 years old (8190) is the one that allows me to use DX11 without the GPU going randomly to 0% usage, which happens when I use the 9168 and DX11.

I will install the 9168 and start the game with DX12, and send you guys the logs, result will likely be the same but...

Well, doing that might take a bit before I can send the logs to you: I'm currently running Dism.exe /RestoreHealth. And installing driver means restarting, as you know.

5 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Kaotyke, thanks for the logs.  To start with, your installed video driver is almost 2 years old. Please try updating your video driver as a first step.

Momaw, I've send the next logs using the 9168 driver, above that the PC as a whole suffers. I do hope its something in the spaghetti code causing this... no offense, but new hardware is unfairly expensive here in Brazil.

Archived