Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make The Obex Multi-Target

Noabettiet

No.

No.

Great addition to the conversation.

He makes a good point that the Obex should have something more unique than an Electrical jump attack to distinguish it from the Kogake. The animations suggest a small AoE on each attack. Lower the attack rate if somehow hitting two targets will make it too good somehow...

Melee weapons should just hit anything in their range when you use them, but a single attack/animation would deal less damage as it hits more enemies (this is important because you can get a big number of enemies in a single spot with some powers).

For example if every hit did 75% less damage than the previous, you'd do 100% to the first enemy in the slash, 75% to the second, 56.25% to the third, 42.18% to the forth and 31.64 to the fifth, ect and the next slash starts back from 100% of course.

Edited by CubedOobleck

+1, it should hit multiple targets. When I first saw it in the Design Council the day before it's release, it looked like it would hit multiple targets. I was disappointed to find out that it does not.

Same here. Though from the showcase video.

Maybe no multitarget damage but multitarget stagger.

Wouldn't make sense to kick someone on the face and not deal any damage.

I already posted something similar.

My idea: make those 'energy blast' the Obex creates when you melee as an AOE attack. It's really awkward when you see this big blast of energy but miss an opponent who is right infront of you.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/129150-obex-review/

Replied on your thread, had no idea it existed though. Then again, i did not check for one.

No.

Why not? 

I have to agree with OP. The Obex is a rather underwhelming weapon when you see all those effects and only a single target going down. Maybe doing max damage on a focused hitbox aligned with the hit itself and lowering it if the target is still inside the animation, but farther from the center?

I normally do not like to base judgements on hypotheticals, but the obex may, when the element rework comes out, potentially have a niche as a nice CC

weapon. I'd reserve judgement on it until then.

Not really a damage wise suggestion, where did you pick that anyway?