Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Little Edits And Changes To The Arsenal UI I Made Cuz I Felt Like It

Starlight91

The people over on the r/Warframe subreddit seemed to hate the things I suggested and put a little time and effort into, no idea why, maybe I explained it poorly. Thought maybe I'll post it here instead lol.

Warning: big walls of text!

I'm gonna show you the images, and explain the edits after if you missed em, why I made em, and what changes or updates they discuss as well as other reworks and changes. Remember, this is both NOT official (tho that should be obvious), and PURELY speculation and discussion of ideas of updates, changes, and reworks, many of which I've seen people talking about recently and I've expanded upon a bit. <3

So, as for the regular arsenal tab:

FUQXl4D.png

The Archwing and Vehicles tab:

qbpQ9dL.png

The Sentinels and Companions tab:

Qy91HZW.png

Ripley, my Smeeta Kavat, being highlighted:

ez1HrNn.png

What it'd look like to have both a Sentinel and a Companion equipped:

7fysu6a.png

Equipping a MOA instead:

6P443nI.png

Equipping a Hound:

ucd3PK3.png

The Edits

• Moved "Heavy Weapon" to the regular arsenal tab.
    • Alongside giving us Archmelee as Heavy weapons (which would require a few new stances and a full rework to how Archmelee functions lol), removing the cooldown to reduce the drawback of using Heavy weapons as well as upping their power by boosting their mods and adding new ones to bring them more in line with Primary weapons would make them more usable as part of our full kit of weapons.
    • Adding the togglable option in the keybinds menu of quick swapping to Heavy weapons by holding F, and pressing F to cycle through Primary, Secondary and Melee, or adding a default quick swap on a different key (without needing to use the Archgun Deployer every single time, I personally set mine to C) would make it feel more fluid to use Heavy weapons as part of your kit (Also atm if you press F while using a Heavy weapon it doesn't switch back to normal weapons, which would be a decent QOL)
  • Added Archmelee to Necramechs.
    • This, again, would need a full rework to how Archmelee functions both in space and on the ground lol. Since Bonewidow has an Exalted Archmelee weapon, it kinda just makes sense looking at it <3
  • General fixes and changes to UI, such as "Necramech" being changed to "NECRAMECH", "TENNO LOADOUT" to "ARCHWING" and "TENNO", and clipping of certain thumbnail images, for example the wings of Amesha and the back legs of Cecilia, my Hound.
  • Rearranged the order of Focus School, Exalted weapons, and Parazon  so that Focus School and Parazon are always at the bottom respectively
    • Personal thing, I think the weapons should be grouped up <3
  • Split Sentinels and Companions into separate categories so that both can be equipped at the same time.
    • I love using my Sentinel, but I also love using my Smeeta Kavat for that glorious Charm. Both are utility and having both a Sentinel and a Companion equipped would be really cool, I feel, and wouldn't really affect gameplay that much, especially cuz you can simply unequip them also
    • For newer players, they'd usually get a sentinel first, and then a Kubrow, rather than an immediate replacement, it'd be another addition to your kit.
    • If you wanna be Corpus, your Sentinel is your Osprey and your MOA is, well, your MOA! <3
    • Sentinels and Companions are different enough in their utility and the way they function it feels like it just makes sense idk
  • Added the ability to mod the claws/fangs or whatever they use to attack for Companions that previously didn't have a Companion Weapon

The Big Wall of Text About General Ideas for Changes to K-Drives, Archwings, and Necramechs

• Add utility abilities for K-Drives (Dmg reduction, Speed boost, etc.) to give them some sort of use outside of K-Drive races.

• Allow certain Warframe abilities to be recast while riding a K-Drive or Archwing in free roam areas.

• The option of immediately switching to our Warframe when exiting a Necramech without aiming at it, as well as immediately switching from K-Drive to Archwing and vice-versa.

• Increase the base speed of K-Drives and add a default 50% dmg reduction and 25% evasion chance while riding a K-Drive. This would stack with Xaku's 75% dodge chance while in broken form. Yareli would gain 75% dmg reduction and immunity to knockdowns while riding any K-Drive.

• Allow the use of Primary and Melee weapons while on a K-Drive. Using a Heavy Weapon on a K-Drive would also be cool af imo, tho the K-Drive would have to be slower.

• Remove the cooldown on Heavy Weapons but maybe increase the default holster time slightly? Heavy Weapons already have the drawbacks of rare ammo, long reload/recharge time, and a long holster time, IMO they don't also need the cooldown, even if their power level is brought more in line with Primary weapons.

• I do kinda think that being able to use both Archguns and Archmelee (if their power level increases substantially) in regular missions is a bit too much? Which is why I'm proposing giving us the option of using an Archgun or an Archmelee as a Heavy Weapon, I wanna hit things with giant swords, please :)

• Allow Necramechs to be used in regular missions? I've seen this one since they came out honestly, and it'd be awesome, tho might make Empyrean missions slightly less unique I guess.

• More Archwing missions and tilesets on the starchart would encourage using them more.

• We should be able to use Heavy weapons while in an Archwing on open-world areas, or we should have the option to switch automatically to our Heavy weaponry when using the Archwing Launcher. The holster speed would be instant as there's no "call down" animation and enemy knockdown effect.

• Change the K-Drive and Necramech background slightly so they have something to stand/hover on, it'd also be nice to see ur warframe riding the board! 

• Would also be cool if sentinels were still active during Archwing missions and while on a vehicle

Remember, this is all discussion and speculation! I don't actually expect any of these changes to happen lmao, it's just fun to talk about them I think, and seeing what they would possibly look like. This took longer than I expected as I'm pretty slow at Photoshop lol. 

If you made it this far, remember to hydrate!! What do you think about these edits and ideas? 

I might make some mock-ups for some of those mods I talked about at a later date <3

6 hours ago, Starlight91 said:

The people over on the r/Warframe subreddit seemed to hate the things I suggested and put a little time and effort into, no idea why, maybe I explained it poorly. Thought maybe I'll post it here instead lol.

Warning: big walls of text!

I'm gonna show you the images, and explain the edits after if you missed em, why I made em, and what changes or updates they discuss as well as other reworks and changes. Remember, this is both NOT official (tho that should be obvious), and PURELY speculation and discussion of ideas of updates, changes, and reworks, many of which I've seen people talking about recently and I've expanded upon a bit. <3

So, as for the regular arsenal tab:

FUQXl4D.png

The Archwing and Vehicles tab:

qbpQ9dL.png

The Sentinels and Companions tab:

Qy91HZW.png

Ripley, my Smeeta Kavat, being highlighted:

ez1HrNn.png

What it'd look like to have both a Sentinel and a Companion equipped:

7fysu6a.png

Equipping a MOA instead:

6P443nI.png

Equipping a Hound:

ucd3PK3.png

The Edits

• Moved "Heavy Weapon" to the regular arsenal tab.
    • Alongside giving us Archmelee as Heavy weapons (which would require a few new stances and a full rework to how Archmelee functions lol), removing the cooldown to reduce the drawback of using Heavy weapons as well as upping their power by boosting their mods and adding new ones to bring them more in line with Primary weapons would make them more usable as part of our full kit of weapons.
    • Adding the togglable option in the keybinds menu of quick swapping to Heavy weapons by holding F, and pressing F to cycle through Primary, Secondary and Melee, or adding a default quick swap on a different key (without needing to use the Archgun Deployer every single time, I personally set mine to C) would make it feel more fluid to use Heavy weapons as part of your kit (Also atm if you press F while using a Heavy weapon it doesn't switch back to normal weapons, which would be a decent QOL)
  • Added Archmelee to Necramechs.
    • This, again, would need a full rework to how Archmelee functions both in space and on the ground lol. Since Bonewidow has an Exalted Archmelee weapon, it kinda just makes sense looking at it <3
  • General fixes and changes to UI, such as "Necramech" being changed to "NECRAMECH", "TENNO LOADOUT" to "ARCHWING" and "TENNO", and clipping of certain thumbnail images, for example the wings of Amesha and the back legs of Cecilia, my Hound.
  • Rearranged the order of Focus School, Exalted weapons, and Parazon  so that Focus School and Parazon are always at the bottom respectively
    • Personal thing, I think the weapons should be grouped up <3
  • Split Sentinels and Companions into separate categories so that both can be equipped at the same time.
    • I love using my Sentinel, but I also love using my Smeeta Kavat for that glorious Charm. Both are utility and having both a Sentinel and a Companion equipped would be really cool, I feel, and wouldn't really affect gameplay that much, especially cuz you can simply unequip them also
    • For newer players, they'd usually get a sentinel first, and then a Kubrow, rather than an immediate replacement, it'd be another addition to your kit.
    • If you wanna be Corpus, your Sentinel is your Osprey and your MOA is, well, your MOA! <3
    • Sentinels and Companions are different enough in their utility and the way they function it feels like it just makes sense idk
  • Added the ability to mod the claws/fangs or whatever they use to attack for Companions that previously didn't have a Companion Weapon

The Big Wall of Text About General Ideas for Changes to K-Drives, Archwings, and Necramechs

• Add utility abilities for K-Drives (Dmg reduction, Speed boost, etc.) to give them some sort of use outside of K-Drive races.

• Allow certain Warframe abilities to be recast while riding a K-Drive or Archwing in free roam areas.

• The option of immediately switching to our Warframe when exiting a Necramech without aiming at it, as well as immediately switching from K-Drive to Archwing and vice-versa.

• Increase the base speed of K-Drives and add a default 50% dmg reduction and 25% evasion chance while riding a K-Drive. This would stack with Xaku's 75% dodge chance while in broken form. Yareli would gain 75% dmg reduction and immunity to knockdowns while riding any K-Drive.

• Allow the use of Primary and Melee weapons while on a K-Drive. Using a Heavy Weapon on a K-Drive would also be cool af imo, tho the K-Drive would have to be slower.

• Remove the cooldown on Heavy Weapons but maybe increase the default holster time slightly? Heavy Weapons already have the drawbacks of rare ammo, long reload/recharge time, and a long holster time, IMO they don't also need the cooldown, even if their power level is brought more in line with Primary weapons.

• I do kinda think that being able to use both Archguns and Archmelee (if their power level increases substantially) in regular missions is a bit too much? Which is why I'm proposing giving us the option of using an Archgun or an Archmelee as a Heavy Weapon, I wanna hit things with giant swords, please :)

• Allow Necramechs to be used in regular missions? I've seen this one since they came out honestly, and it'd be awesome, tho might make Empyrean missions slightly less unique I guess.

• More Archwing missions and tilesets on the starchart would encourage using them more.

• We should be able to use Heavy weapons while in an Archwing on open-world areas, or we should have the option to switch automatically to our Heavy weaponry when using the Archwing Launcher. The holster speed would be instant as there's no "call down" animation and enemy knockdown effect.

• Change the K-Drive and Necramech background slightly so they have something to stand/hover on, it'd also be nice to see ur warframe riding the board! 

• Would also be cool if sentinels were still active during Archwing missions and while on a vehicle

Remember, this is all discussion and speculation! I don't actually expect any of these changes to happen lmao, it's just fun to talk about them I think, and seeing what they would possibly look like. This took longer than I expected as I'm pretty slow at Photoshop lol. 

If you made it this far, remember to hydrate!! What do you think about these edits and ideas? 

I might make some mock-ups for some of those mods I talked about at a later date <3

Whoo boy, alright, let's take this one step at a time. 

I would say I'm actually a fan of the more "compartmentalized" Arsenal you've shown off. It makes a lot more sense to have the Heavy Weapon category with the Warframe itself than the Archwing section, as it's not for Archwing at all. I won't go into too much more detail since I don't see anything wrong with it really, so kudos there. If I were going to make a suggestion, I'd think it'd be better to have collapsible menus for the Warframe and other "big categories" as a way to future-proof the Arsenal from potential bloat (this is inevitable with Warframes like Khora). Keep them open automatically of course, but just in case you want to clean the menu up a bit, I'd love to have that as an option.

I would disagree with the Heavy Weapon cooldown, especially if their power is further increased through better Mods or Arcanes. You can pretty much invalidate the cooldown as missions progress due to the massive amount of Heavy enemies that show up later in missions (Infested are a great example). Anytime you pick up Heavy ammo when it's on cooldown it resets it anyways, so the cooldown is pretty much non-existent for some reason. It's intended so that you eventually swap off of your Heavy Weapon and use something else, as it is a Heavy Weapon, not a regular weapon. I think DE should emphasize the cooldown more but dramatically increase their lethality in regular missions (outside of Orbs of course). Maybe they should make it a "limit break" system instead, kill enough enemies and you get access to it, and the only cooldown is how fast you can kill. Necramechs would pretty much ignore this system regardless while also being able to wield a Heavy Melee too, so I think that should be more emphasized instead. Run the Warframe but have some limitations, or run the Necramechs but be limited to them. Though yes, the holster time is absolutely awful and needs to go.

Equipping Beast Companions with claws has always been something I've suggested for years, Kubrows especially have way too many expensive Mods and no real way to build them properly for damage, tankiness or support without seriously gutting one option. Giving them their own weapon alleviates that issue, and you can take it off too, meaning you can also just have them stay passive and not attack if you prefer (which would be a god send in stealth missions). I would say however that equipping both a Sentinel and Companion could possibly work, you might just have to adjust some things about them, as DE already dislikes forms of passive damage and typically doesn't allow for multiple instances of it. You could probably still have it but just make one of the Companions only be passive, so you don't have multiple instances of passive damage (especially if these Companions are generally reworked to be useful). Despite what others might say, you can build Sentinel weapons to be pretty decent damage sources, and some Beasts like the Vulpaphyla are basically a mini-Warframe in their own right. That would allow for some unique setups, like Shade and Huras for near constant invis or Helios and Sahasa (or whatever the roaring one is called) for some great CC. Otherwise I'd say that this is a great suggestion and should seriously be considered.

So for the K-Drive changes, I'd mostly say using them in regular missions should be allowed if Yareli's movement additions were included. I would just like to point out that "Evasion" and "Dodge" are two separate things. Dodge allows you to get hit and not take damage at all while Evasion reduces enemy accuracy so you're less likely to get hit. I'd keep the immunity to knockdowns, but limit it to the "gun mode" and keep the knockdown in the "trick mode". I'd just say that K-Drives should allow their own ability casts, but not Warframe ones, as that would allow certain Warframes to ignore stuff like animation delay while getting a free 50% DR to their Health. Keep the ability-usage separated so each vehicle and tool feels like its own thing rather than an extension of the Warframe. 

Honestly I'm surprised you didn't talk about how poorly some of the Necramech abilities perform when you discussed bringing them into regular missions. Voidrig's entire kit is very clunky and has terrible scaling, outside of its 4 Voidrig has a downright atrociously bad kit everyone just seems to ignore. Bonewidow's kit is a lot stronger by comparison, but it still has its own issues (like the Shield not just being a DR buff or the 1 and 2 not being usable together). I would really want DE to give their kits a facelift before attempting to add them to missions where they'll get shredded without a ton of assistance.

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Whoo boy, alright, let's take this one step at a time. 

I would say I'm actually a fan of the more "compartmentalized" Arsenal you've shown off. It makes a lot more sense to have the Heavy Weapon category with the Warframe itself than the Archwing section, as it's not for Archwing at all. I won't go into too much more detail since I don't see anything wrong with it really, so kudos there. If I were going to make a suggestion, I'd think it'd be better to have collapsible menus for the Warframe and other "big categories" as a way to future-proof the Arsenal from potential bloat (this is inevitable with Warframes like Khora). Keep them open automatically of course, but just in case you want to clean the menu up a bit, I'd love to have that as an option.

I would disagree with the Heavy Weapon cooldown, especially if their power is further increased through better Mods or Arcanes. You can pretty much invalidate the cooldown as missions progress due to the massive amount of Heavy enemies that show up later in missions (Infested are a great example). Anytime you pick up Heavy ammo when it's on cooldown it resets it anyways, so the cooldown is pretty much non-existent for some reason. It's intended so that you eventually swap off of your Heavy Weapon and use something else, as it is a Heavy Weapon, not a regular weapon. I think DE should emphasize the cooldown more but dramatically increase their lethality in regular missions (outside of Orbs of course). Maybe they should make it a "limit break" system instead, kill enough enemies and you get access to it, and the only cooldown is how fast you can kill. Necramechs would pretty much ignore this system regardless while also being able to wield a Heavy Melee too, so I think that should be more emphasized instead. Run the Warframe but have some limitations, or run the Necramechs but be limited to them. Though yes, the holster time is absolutely awful and needs to go.

Equipping Beast Companions with claws has always been something I've suggested for years, Kubrows especially have way too many expensive Mods and no real way to build them properly for damage, tankiness or support without seriously gutting one option. Giving them their own weapon alleviates that issue, and you can take it off too, meaning you can also just have them stay passive and not attack if you prefer (which would be a god send in stealth missions). I would say however that equipping both a Sentinel and Companion could possibly work, you might just have to adjust some things about them, as DE already dislikes forms of passive damage and typically doesn't allow for multiple instances of it. You could probably still have it but just make one of the Companions only be passive, so you don't have multiple instances of passive damage (especially if these Companions are generally reworked to be useful). Despite what others might say, you can build Sentinel weapons to be pretty decent damage sources, and some Beasts like the Vulpaphyla are basically a mini-Warframe in their own right. That would allow for some unique setups, like Shade and Huras for near constant invis or Helios and Sahasa (or whatever the roaring one is called) for some great CC. Otherwise I'd say that this is a great suggestion and should seriously be considered.

So for the K-Drive changes, I'd mostly say using them in regular missions should be allowed if Yareli's movement additions were included. I would just like to point out that "Evasion" and "Dodge" are two separate things. Dodge allows you to get hit and not take damage at all while Evasion reduces enemy accuracy so you're less likely to get hit. I'd keep the immunity to knockdowns, but limit it to the "gun mode" and keep the knockdown in the "trick mode". I'd just say that K-Drives should allow their own ability casts, but not Warframe ones, as that would allow certain Warframes to ignore stuff like animation delay while getting a free 50% DR to their Health. Keep the ability-usage separated so each vehicle and tool feels like its own thing rather than an extension of the Warframe. 

Honestly I'm surprised you didn't talk about how poorly some of the Necramech abilities perform when you discussed bringing them into regular missions. Voidrig's entire kit is very clunky and has terrible scaling, outside of its 4 Voidrig has a downright atrociously bad kit everyone just seems to ignore. Bonewidow's kit is a lot stronger by comparison, but it still has its own issues (like the Shield not just being a DR buff or the 1 and 2 not being usable together). I would really want DE to give their kits a facelift before attempting to add them to missions where they'll get shredded without a ton of assistance.

Ooh being able to collapse the sections would be a brilliant idea! Otherwise yeah, it would get kinda cluttered in the regular arsenal tab. These changes would also add the ability to mod Venari's Claws, which would add another item to the list lmao. Maybe moving Venari to the Companions tab would make it cleaner but then again would also maybe make it confusing, I feel like.

The Heavy weapon cooldown does make sense in that case then, as I agree you don't wanna be using your Heavy all the time, but it needs to feel good when you get to use it, I find the "limit break" system interesting, that would definitely add some dynamic gameplay! Plus, due to Archmelee not requiring ammo, this system would feel more rewarding and give that drawback to using an Archmelee Heavy weapon that atm only Archguns rly have due to ammo. Maybe Archmelee would have to have some sort of "energy" requirement that isn't actually energy but some sort of "ammo" for the big badass anime sword.

I think the different builds and setups you can make by matching up a Companion and a Sentinel would make them more interesting! Like the ones you suggested! New mods that create a sort of synergy between the companion and the sentinel would be dope as hek too, like a one-time-use instant revive of ur pet from ur sentinel, or ur pet healing the sentinel when it deals damage or something. Atm Sentinels usually die pretty early on, which puts me off using them tbh. This would make them both much more useful imo!

Oh I didn't even think about using K-Drives in normal missions, but if they fixed or changed something to make them feel better and less clunky to use in regular missions (looking at you, Merulina), then yus that'd be dope. I agree with you on the recasting certain Warframe abilities while on a K-Drive, as the point of the unique abilities being added to K-Drives would be to make them feel like their own thing, like Archwings and Necramechs do, rather than as you said, an extension of our Warframe.

Ah I thought evasion and dodge chance were the same thing my bad!  I guess it wouldn't stack with Xaku's dodge chance then, but would still provide decent extra dmg prevention. The "gun mode" and "stunt mode" idea is a good one too, providing that you can't be knocked off while in gun mode would reduce the clunkiness, while performing tricks incorrectly in stunt mode and going flying as a ragdoll is pretty funny and fair. I'd also add that while in regular missions, you're locked to gun mode. What about K-Drives having their own health bar? Maybe when that is depleted fully you get kicked off the K-Drive, sending it to a cooldown like how Necramechs work?

The thing is about allowing us to use Necramechs in regular missions is, well, why would I use a K-Drive instead? I guess you can argue that because they're slow while K-Drives are fast (but not as fast as Warframes) they do different things, so it depends on the situation? For example, K-Drives would be better at running and gunning mission types like Exterminate (ignoring the fact you'd normally rush through it in 3 seconds as a Warframe lmao) or Survival, whereas Necramechs are better at locking down an area, for Defence or Mobile Defence missions. 

I agree that both Voidrig's and Bonewidow's kits need better scaling and synergy! We could also, like, do with, ya know, more than literally 2 mechs hahah, but we'll just have to wait and see <3

Thank you for the feedback and the awesome discussion! I love talking to people about this stuff. This is why Warframe is my favourite game, I love seeing how invested people get into these things! Had a bad time over on the reddit, but a wonderful time reading through your thoughts here hahah. Have an awesome day my friend! <3

22 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Looks awesome! My one suggestion is add a tab for "Syndicate Affiliation". Sigils being necessary for that is archaic and should be baked into loadouts like Focus selection. :)

OMG YES, I literally was just thinking about that the other day! I was swapping all my sigils from Steel Meridian to Cephalon Suda, but then halfway through was like wait naw actually it'd be better if I get Red Veil done first and it took aaaages to swap em all lol, plus making them not visible for every frame lmao

7 hours ago, Starlight91 said:

Ooh being able to collapse the sections would be a brilliant idea! Otherwise yeah, it would get kinda cluttered in the regular arsenal tab. These changes would also add the ability to mod Venari's Claws, which would add another item to the list lmao. Maybe moving Venari to the Companions tab would make it cleaner but then again would also maybe make it confusing, I feel like.

The Heavy weapon cooldown does make sense in that case then, as I agree you don't wanna be using your Heavy all the time, but it needs to feel good when you get to use it, I find the "limit break" system interesting, that would definitely add some dynamic gameplay! Plus, due to Archmelee not requiring ammo, this system would feel more rewarding and give that drawback to using an Archmelee Heavy weapon that atm only Archguns rly have due to ammo. Maybe Archmelee would have to have some sort of "energy" requirement that isn't actually energy but some sort of "ammo" for the big badass anime sword.

I think the different builds and setups you can make by matching up a Companion and a Sentinel would make them more interesting! Like the ones you suggested! New mods that create a sort of synergy between the companion and the sentinel would be dope as hek too, like a one-time-use instant revive of ur pet from ur sentinel, or ur pet healing the sentinel when it deals damage or something. Atm Sentinels usually die pretty early on, which puts me off using them tbh. This would make them both much more useful imo!

Oh I didn't even think about using K-Drives in normal missions, but if they fixed or changed something to make them feel better and less clunky to use in regular missions (looking at you, Merulina), then yus that'd be dope. I agree with you on the recasting certain Warframe abilities while on a K-Drive, as the point of the unique abilities being added to K-Drives would be to make them feel like their own thing, like Archwings and Necramechs do, rather than as you said, an extension of our Warframe.

Ah I thought evasion and dodge chance were the same thing my bad!  I guess it wouldn't stack with Xaku's dodge chance then, but would still provide decent extra dmg prevention. The "gun mode" and "stunt mode" idea is a good one too, providing that you can't be knocked off while in gun mode would reduce the clunkiness, while performing tricks incorrectly in stunt mode and going flying as a ragdoll is pretty funny and fair. I'd also add that while in regular missions, you're locked to gun mode. What about K-Drives having their own health bar? Maybe when that is depleted fully you get kicked off the K-Drive, sending it to a cooldown like how Necramechs work?

The thing is about allowing us to use Necramechs in regular missions is, well, why would I use a K-Drive instead? I guess you can argue that because they're slow while K-Drives are fast (but not as fast as Warframes) they do different things, so it depends on the situation? For example, K-Drives would be better at running and gunning mission types like Exterminate (ignoring the fact you'd normally rush through it in 3 seconds as a Warframe lmao) or Survival, whereas Necramechs are better at locking down an area, for Defence or Mobile Defence missions. 

I agree that both Voidrig's and Bonewidow's kits need better scaling and synergy! We could also, like, do with, ya know, more than literally 2 mechs hahah, but we'll just have to wait and see <3

Thank you for the feedback and the awesome discussion! I love talking to people about this stuff. This is why Warframe is my favourite game, I love seeing how invested people get into these things! Had a bad time over on the reddit, but a wonderful time reading through your thoughts here hahah. Have an awesome day my friend! <3

I'd just keep Venari out of the Companion tab because she's specifically tied to Khora, she's a Passive, not a real pet in retrospect. At that point, you'd have to put Exalted Weapons in the general weapon selection, and that just makes even less sense.

I figured it would be the simplest way to implement both of them without being too weird. Get kills and a meter charges up, press a key and you equip the Archmelee or Archgun while the meter drains. Neither weapon has an ammo pool, but picking up the heavy ammo boxes resets the meter completely. You can freely swap between the weapon or your regular weapons with said key, and it will continually drain as normal. Once you let the meter fully end, the weapons go on cooldown. Mods that affect ammo pool now increase the bar size or the drain per second.

For K-Drives, that would depend completely on the abilities and Mods they'd be getting for regular missions. I'd say their Abilities should be akin to the Archwings. One is for Support, one is for Speed, one is for Defense and the other is for DPS. They'd need a lot more work done to them, of course, but you could easily make them an increased mobility option for Warframes to traverse from one area to the next that lack their own movement options (mission types where being on the move is required are also a good choice). They'd be perfect for Void Flood missions over the clunkier Necramech, and unlike them, they don't come with a cooldown so you can easily pop in and out of them as necessary. DE could add mission types to emphasize their use too, like a tileset with lava everywhere so traversing on foot isn't advised. They're basically a generic utility vehicle, Archwings would be our optimal choice for Open Worlds but K-Drives would be our optimal choice for regular missions. That way, they both have their uses. As for the Health Bar, I would only dislike that idea because you could do something similar with an ability without having to give them a cooldown when they inevitably break. You could easily have an Iron Skin like ability instead and it'd perform about the same. I'd mostly want them as a traversal option so we could also level them far easier, as then they'd be a very low investment option for any level of player.

Necramechs do have mobility as well, but that isn't very applicable when they're constantly banging their head against the ceiling as we've seen with any of the videos they've shown of Necramechs in regular missions (even in Orphix missions, I'm constantly getting stuck on the level geometry). While it is very comedic and menacing, I wouldn't say it's very practical for traversal. They should still be allowed in, but like you stated, as our more stationary and defensive vehicle option. They'd be our way to bring a tank to the battlefield which has raw power and longetivity, but no real flexibility or transitional phases to speak of. Kind of like our own Rampart Turret, if those were any good.

No worries, it's fun to discuss after all.

19 hours ago, Voltage said:

Looks awesome! My one suggestion is add a tab for "Syndicate Affiliation". Sigils being necessary for that is archaic and should be baked into loadouts like Focus selection. :)

Yeah I have to agree here, I really like some of the Sigil designs but I hate how they're tied directly to the Syndicate's Rep. 

It reminds me of all the Emblems and Sekhara we have, but that I never use because I can't color them.

Archived