The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We should get a smol Warframe

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

How come we don't have any smol warframes? We all know warframes come in many varieties, from the towering dragon chroma, to the kawaii magical girl yareli.  So my question is, how come we don't have a smol Warframe? I mean a frame that is about the size of or slightly larger than the operator. And there isn't much reason why we don't have one as Warframe is a pve game and a smaller hitbox would not be anything broken (especially seeing as we also have operators that are smol.)

[Please ignore any lore implications about what that would mean especially in regards to Warframe creation.]

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

How come we don't have any smol warframes? We all know warframes come in many varieties, from the towering dragon chroma, to the kawaii magical girl yareli.  So my question is, how come we don't have a smol Warframe? I mean a frame that is about the size of or slightly larger than the operator. And there isn't much reason why we don't have one as Warframe is a pve game and a smaller hitbox would not be anything broken (especially seeing as we also have operators that are smol.)

[Please ignore any lore implications about what that would mean especially in regards to Warframe creation.]

A new animation skeleton would Doble the amount of animation work. That's pretty much it.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

They don't need to make a new skeleton, they probably could just scale the female model down to be smol.

They can't all frame use the same skeleton and use modeling Tricks to look bigger or smaller. There a really good reason for that player models interact with other model só for example if you make a frame with half the hight  of the others,  whenever it performs a finisher the enemy model will also be shrinks to hold of the size and that would look rather silly. But the game could make a frame whose power is size altering and it could get away with the inherently siliness of altering size of models mid animation

5 minutes ago, keikogi said:

They can't all frame use the same skeleton and use modeling Tricks to look bigger or smaller. There a really good reason for that player models interact with other model só for example if you make a frame with half the hight  of the others,  whenever it performs a finisher the enemy model will also be shrinks to hold of the size and that would look rather silly. But the game could make a frame whose power is size altering and it could get away with the inherently siliness of altering size of models mid animation

I mean, operators already have models, the hard part would be adjusting the animations. A size distortion frame would be cool but we already have titania for that and also the whole Yareli merulina problem with big models. By smol Warframe, I mean one that is short, not one that shrinks with the same proportions. (Think "chibi Warframe".)

Just now, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I mean, operators already have models, the hard part would be adjusting the animations. A size distortion frame would be cool but we already have titania for that and also the whole Yareli merulina problem with big models. By smol Warframe, I mean one that is short, not one that shrinks with the same proportions. (Think "chibi Warframe".)

Operators have no finisher animation , only the Drifter has and only with 1 weapon. There are 26 melee weapon and at least 2 enemy body types ( humanoid and quadruped ) so a minimamente of 52 new animations for just melee weapons than add a few more for every parazon finisher and than another for each unique parazon interaction ( jackal fight and liches as an example here ). It's a lot of work for a single frame.

5 minutes ago, keikogi said:

Operators have no finisher animation , only the Drifter has and only with 1 weapon. There are 26 melee weapon and at least 2 enemy body types ( humanoid and quadruped ) so a minimamente of 52 new animations for just melee weapons than add a few more for every parazon finisher and than another for each unique parazon interaction ( jackal fight and liches as an example here ). It's a lot of work for a single frame.

They could just give her some special finisher animations (two for heavy weapons, two for light/one handed weapons, two for gauntlets, and two for nunchucks). 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

They could just give her some special finisher animations (two for heavy weapons, two for light/one handed weapons, two for gauntlets, and two for nunchucks). 

Plus, these are professional game developers, they could easily make a work around for this stuff.

Technicaly we have Titania, and the butterfly form. But yea Would be fun to have some small frame by default. 

We already see that there are mini moas, mini hounds. So having frame isnt that far fetched either.

Id think of something like Mantis themed mini frame, where the mini is just a ability cast for certain duration and gains various buffs.

2 minutes ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

Technicaly we have Titania, and the butterfly form. But yea Would be fun to have some small frame by default. 

We already see that there are mini moas, mini hounds. So having frame isnt that far fetched either.

Id think of something like Mantis themed mini frame, where the mini is just a ability cast for certain duration and gains various buffs.

That seems cool, but if it's an ability cast then you won't be able to be smol outside of combat. By a smol or chibi Warframe, I mean one that is always smol like operator or in other words, child-sized.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

they could easily make a work around for this stuff.

The problem he described has been present since Kubrows were initially released... And that was, like what, 8 years ago or so? 9? 7? 69? And those animation problems are still there 🤣

6 hours ago, Leqesai said:

So maybe its because I'm an old guy but what the heck is "smol"? Is this some kind of lolli/schoolgirl kind of japanese "13 year olds are fair game" kind of thing?

Because from my end it sure looks like it and maybe I'm ignorant to what it really means.

Edit: I should add that I get what "small" is and I'm confused by the weird spelling and whether or not it is in reference to the weird cultural stuff I described.

Smol is small, it's a weird misspelling thing lol. Also in slightly disturbed by your message, you know these forums are SFW right? 

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

That's different than an operator sized Warframe. I'm asking why we don't have a frame that is about 3/4 the size of Mag or Nova lol and not as an ability.

Yes, yes..  You are aware that "human sized" is sort of against the shock and awe the Orokin would want to create when the "mortals" of the Origin System saw either them -- their rulers -- and the Warframes that were their soldiers in the old war?  That if they wanted human sized, they had the Dax for that?  

I mean look at the Entrati and you'll see how size did in fact matter.  

(Oh and for the record, Titania is in fact shorter than average than most warframes..   the only way she looks of height is because she's floating.  Hence "smol") 

1 hour ago, MBaldelli said:

Yes, yes..  You are aware that "human sized" is sort of against the shock and awe the Orokin would want to create when the "mortals" of the Origin System saw either them -- their rulers -- and the Warframes that were their soldiers in the old war?  That if they wanted human sized, they had the Dax for that?  

I mean look at the Entrati and you'll see how size did in fact matter.  

(Oh and for the record, Titania is in fact shorter than average than most warframes..   the only way she looks of height is because she's floating.  Hence "smol") 

True, but then again we have kawaii surfer water girl maiden Warframe and that isn't very intimidating either.

42 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Yeah my wording may not have been perfect but I responded because I was disturbed by the whole conversation. I find discussions of "small and cute" characters disturbing because much of that sort of thing originates from a culture that glorifies children in what I consider inappropriate clothing/situations. Kawaii culture, in general, perpetuates a lot of offensive pedo stuff IMO and I think it is pretty offensive to suggest a small frame considering how sexualized warframes are. 

My response was based on what I read here, with regard to the definition of "smol"

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Smol

It doesn't appear to just be a mispelling of small, it seems to insinuate small, cute things. Which, IMO pushes kawaii culture which is pretty offensive to many people.

I found an article that more or less sums up why I find this topic offensive:

https://urge.org/an-open-letter-to-woke-weebs-that-consume-sexist-pedophilic-and-fetishistic-japanese-media/

Also, here is a video I found where a guy explains this issue

That's not what I meant at all. I literally said to ignore lore implications so people wouldn't say that a smol frame means Orokin fed children to infestation, much less this. 

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

That's not what I meant at all. I literally said to ignore lore implications so people wouldn't say that a smol frame means Orokin fed children to infestation, much less this. 

I appreciate your clarification. Like I said, my point of confusion was with the word "smol" which, according to Urban Dictionary (probably not the best source but I don't know where else to go for learning about new slang terms) is a word that implies kawaii culture. Lore implications or not, the word "smol" seems connected to the weird, perverse stuff. Even if that wasn't your intention, this is what came up when I tried to figure out what you were talking about.

21 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Plus, these are professional game developers, they could easily make a work around for this stuff.

Whether you can do something like this depends way more on if the engine allows it than if the developers can do it. No matter how talented a developer is, if the engine doesn't allow it it doesn't happen

Hell, even now most warframes only differ in height because of their helmet rather than their actual body size, so this is pretty much unexplored territory to make the actual warframe smaller

18 hours ago, Leqesai said:

So maybe its because I'm an old guy but what the heck is "smol"?

It's just another word for small. Urban Dictionary isn't really the best place to look slang terms up since it's a satire definition of a satire word

2 minutes ago, shocker53 said:

It's just another word for small. Urban Dictionary isn't really the best place to look slang terms up since it's a satire definition of a satire word

This is actually really helpful. I wasn't aware it was a satire definition whatsoever. I guess it shows my ignorance because I honestly thought Urban Dictionary was just a dictionary source of slang terms... I'm going to edit my previous responses because I think I misunderstood the conversation quite a bit.

3 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

This is actually really helpful. I wasn't aware it was a satire definition whatsoever. I guess it shows my ignorance because I honestly thought Urban Dictionary was just a dictionary source of slang terms... I'm going to edit my previous responses because I think I misunderstood the conversation quite a bit.

Np bro, "smol" is just the misspelling of small, like how people referred to chibi Dawn in the pokemon diamond and pearl remakes as smol Dawn. I meant no harm when using it.

Archived