Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something is going on with Drifters/Operators getting shot out immediately on Transference.

(PSN)Jedi_Arts_

So since the Angels update I have noticed something really unfortunate happening with Transference. Mostly because it has made the Drifter basically unplayable in certain situations. 

So when you enter Transference, obviously your health bar turns gray briefly, indicating you have a moment of invulnerability. Which is definitely needed to fend off being shot out immediately and unable to even get to your Void Mode in time to use your Drifter.

However in some situations (Steel Path Survival in particular) I have been getting shot down during that invulnerability period. And the really strange thing is that it doesn't appear that it's an actual death. Because when this happens, my Transference Static doesn't even activate. (And I'm not using the Magus Glitch Arcane). 

So it appears something besides actual death is happening, but it still very much prevents me from using my Drifter at all. On some occasions, it has happened like 3-5 times in a row on trying to cast Transference. And the timing of it is so quick. Like, I'm shot in a spilt second (so, when this starts happening, forget about even trying to make it all the way through to the end of the new Transference cooldown). 

Also I say Drifter, because it seems like it wasn't happening as much when I tried it with my Operator (although it did still happen quite a bit). 

I hope this is unintended. Instead of yet another unfavorable new Transference mechanic, cause we've already had enough of those honestly. 

But I don't even think it makes sense for this to be functioning as intended. Because if that's the case, why even bother graying out the health bar?

I don't think it gets much worse than this for bugs in the new focus system.  Because what could be much worse than rendering the whole system borderline unusable because you can't even get to your second character? That is to say, this one is not a minor grievance. Whatever this is, it needs to be fixed.

Are you running Quick Thinking or similar on your setup? It sent me into a weird (fake) death loop before.

Slightly laggy match, transfered out on low health and (I assume) some proc or something kept killing my Frame and the game killed/despawned the Operator instead and I kept hopping back and forth into Frame/Operator with immediate death (for the latter). 

52 minutes ago, (PSN)Jedi_Arts_ said:

I have been getting shot down during that invulnerability period.

The most likely explanation is that your Frame is getting damaged, you get forced back when it is near death. You might think your Warframe is invulnerable during Transference, but this is not always true - some buffs or active abilities will disable this invulnerability, leaving you with only 90% damage reduction.

On 2022-05-26 at 11:56 AM, Helljack84 said:

Are you running Quick Thinking or similar on your setup? It sent me into a weird (fake) death loop before.

On 2022-05-26 at 12:02 PM, Traumtulpe said:

The most likely explanation is that your Frame is getting damaged, you get forced back when it is near death. You might think your Warframe is invulnerable during Transference, but this is not always true

On 2022-05-26 at 1:03 PM, Xaero said:

Yeah, it's because of your frame.

Interesting. So this isn't even necessarily a problem on the Operator's end of things, but on the Warframe's end. Which still seems like a pretty significant problem to me. If your Warframe is supposed to be invulnerable during Transference, and it's actually still getting damaged and making it impossible to use Operators, that's a problem. I am a Quick Thinking user myself. In combination with other modifiers, I find that it makes Warframes with bad survivability much more viable, even up to Steel Path usage (as long as we are not talking about endurance run type of stuff). So if the near death state of QT keeps disabling invulnerability during Transference, how are you ever supposed to exit that loop of getting killed? I guess unless you happen to be fortunate enough in the moment to have a form of healing intrinsically that is not tied to your Operator.

But still, this is not functioning as advertised then, and it should be fixed. I don't see any reason why Quick Thinking's near death state should have this huge disadvantage arbitrarily tired to it. If QT turns your energy into health, and you still have energy while in that 2 HP state, then your Warframe should be invulnerable during Transference just like any other situation where your Warframe is still alive.

Why is this the one situation where it doesn't apply properly? Hopefully just because they are unaware that it's happening. Would hate to find out that there is some twisted intentional function here. 

But anyways, hopefully someone actually reads reports about stuff malfunctioning because this is a pretty significant problem for people who like to use Quick Thinking (such as myself) and could be easily solved by throwing the solution in with the next batch of Hotfixes. If this issue got any attention at all. 

Archived