Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wish we had Tenno made tile sets/missions

Jackdarsan

The one thing I can clearly see missing from Warframe is having the players be able to make missions/tile sets for the community to play on. 

This to me would add sooooo much game play and will stop many vets from complaining between updates. 

I see all the cool dojos and think wow if only these people created a playable map, would be soo cool. 

The only issue I see is DE won't like it since people would rather play that then their actual game, which might be why they haven't added it. 

What you think would it be possible to add or is it a coding nightmare? 

but also there would be so many made it would be hard to find a mission someone else is in or they would be in rotation similar to primes, leading to no more player made tilesets. cool idea but would be hard to make it actually work.

easiest way to make it is all new tilesets get added to a pool of them and the mission randomly picks one of them

When I read title I was thinking Tenno style tilesets. that would be interesting and it could work like invasions but it's Grineer, Corpus or Infestation attacking Tenno structures like relays. 

Seeing those guards with guns at ports in relays also made me think what if other factions attacked. It would honestly be kind of stupid move from them attacking relay full of Warframes. That's probably why they do it with their Fomorians and Razorback armadas. 

Zariman tilesets brought fresh life to Warframe so new tilesets would always be welcome anyway.... 

1 hour ago, Jackdarsan said:

The only issue I see is DE won't like it since people would rather play that then their actual game

I see it more as... How would you incentivize people to play them? If there's (basically) no rewards, no one will play them. And if there are, everyone will just make/play the quick and easy designs. We already have player made obstacle courses. How often do you think players challenge a course that isn't in their own dojo?

It'd just end in a wasted effort or an uncontrollable mess IMO.

17 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

I see it more as... How would you incentivize people to play them? If there's (basically) no rewards, no one will play them.

Yes I understand what you mean, this could be under "challenges". We currently have 211 challenges set by DE that have no real reward just a tick that you have completed the challenge. 

So I see this as something that could be captured under Challenges, not having any real reward but still being present in the game. 

17 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

It'd just end in a wasted effort or an uncontrollable mess IMO.

This could be fixed by making the tilesets/missions submitted for a vote and only 1 is picked per month or something like that. DE would have all rights to the work created and could do a rotation much like prime vaults and have selected missions be available during times between updates.  

18 hours ago, gamingchair1121 said:

but also there would be so many made it would be hard to find a mission someone else is in or they would be in rotation similar to primes, leading to no more player made tilesets. cool idea but would be hard to make it actually work.

easiest way to make it is all new tilesets get added to a pool of them and the mission randomly picks one of them

I would suck at it myself, was thinking the best way to only get the best is to have people submit their tileset/mission and have a vote on what to keep that way there aren't so many easily added to the game. 

Also would be cool to see new gamemodes be created out of this, would love a prop hunt game mode in warframe, I have been enjoying "prop and seek' the free to play game on steam. Such a simply game and could play it all day. Would love if that could be added as a conclave game mode, would finally be able to get conclave rep lol. 

Archived