Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Regularly spaced teleport side rooms in all finite/non-endless missions

schilds

The purpose is to engage slower players or players who joined late and give them a way to skip empty halls.

• The rooms are off to the side and can be completely ignored.
  • The first time a player (the leading player) approaches/passes one of these rooms it activates and enemies teleport/spawn in.
    • The leading player may kill the enemies.
    • The console is not open to hack for a few seconds.
    • The leading player will most likely move on because they have no reason to hang around waiting to use it.
  • Following players may hack a teleport console and use the room to teleport to another activated teleport room.
    • Hacking alerts the enemy and units spawn/teleport in (similar to the void portals in void sab missions but without the timer).
    • Players can hack the console in destination rooms, possibly chaining a sequence of hacks + combat + teleports together.
  • Players can't skip ahead of the leading player because they can't teleport to unactivated rooms.
  • The talking head could notify the player when a room is nearby and provide a map marker and optional sub-objective.

In fissure missions, the enemies that spawn in are guaranteed to be corrupted (hey, using void tech while there is a void fissure/storm is a seriously bad idea). That means late joiners have a way to make up for reactant they missed, and reduce the chance of ending a mission on less than 10 reactant.

I'm confused. 

HeiZgVZ.jpeg

But I want Cephalon Talking Head into game now. 

I kind of get the idea you are going for but this sounds very complicated with all rooms and teleports.

There's problem in exterminate missions where players kind of race to end killing everyone while slower players get to left behind and don't get to kill anything. simpler solution would be make some enemies spawn around these players who are left behind. but in other hand not sure if this actually bothers anyone especially if you are opening relics and just want to run missions fast as possible. 

39 minutes ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

simpler solution would be make some enemies spawn around these players who are left behind

My assumption (which could be wrong) is that this doesn't already happen because it doesn't fit the concept of "exterminate". After all, this is what happens in other game modes, so there must be some reason DE don't do it in exterminate.

On 2022-06-25 at 10:22 PM, schilds said:

My assumption (which could be wrong) is that this doesn't already happen because it doesn't fit the concept of "exterminate". After all, this is what happens in other game modes, so there must be some reason DE don't do it in exterminate.

yep

and this leads to the softlocked Sortie Exterminate

where squad reaches the extraction tile before objective complete, but there are no enemies to kill

since the dumb hack to make exterminate feel like you're "clearing" a map is to only spawn them In Front of you, but now there's noplace left in front

and backtracking doesn't work because one lazy jerk wants to just sit at extraction and wait, thus the spawn locations don't reset and move back either

Archived