Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

-

drawmeadream

36 minutes ago, drawmeadream said:

assume MR still means something

It really doesn't, and I can't think of a time when it did. The most it "means" is "you've maxed a bunch of stuff"

Though, when we're talking MR 4, it still means something, sort of. The door to the gear that Deadlock and similar later quests expect (at least in primary weapons, glancing at the wiki) is still MR locked. Once the bulk of the locks drop off and you can get the gear, it stops meaning anything.
That being said, you could theoretically grind out the goods to max mods and do it... but that sounds miserable for an MR 4

To your other points, yea could probably do to reorganize some quest chains. A simple "hey, these quests have other quests as prerequisites" would be enough for me. Also, you can get Isos from Venus Proxima, if that's what you were referring to about the Necramech not being usable until Pluto.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-07-06 at 5:16 PM, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

It really doesn't, and I can't think of a time when it did. The most it "means" is "you've maxed a bunch of stuff"

Though, when we're talking MR 4, it still means something, sort of. The door to the gear that Deadlock and similar later quests expect (at least in primary weapons, glancing at the wiki) is still MR locked. Once the bulk of the locks drop off and you can get the gear, it stops meaning anything.
That being said, you could theoretically grind out the goods to max mods and do it... but that sounds miserable for an MR 4

To your other points, yea could probably do to reorganize some quest chains. A simple "hey, these quests have other quests as prerequisites" would be enough for me. Also, you can get Isos from Venus Proxima, if that's what you were referring to about the Necramech not being usable until Pluto.

Yeah I get you on the MR stuff, always been a highly unutilized system that could work wonders on the progression situation if they used it right.

With the nechramech thing I mean that you get the blueprints for one if you do the heart of Deimos, wich you can do as soon as it unlocks at the mars junction but you can't use it until Pluto since you need to do the war within to be able to do transference on it in mission. That's why it just feels odd but I know they did that recently, it's a quick fix for newer players who just wanted to play the new war or whatever. They just making silly decisions lately that I don't always agree with, haha.

On 2022-07-06 at 4:29 PM, drawmeadream said:

by the time you would complete it you are usually around phobos-ceries and do not have any equipment capable of killing 75 of the specters in the granum void (it's impossible to do as a new player however you CAN manage 25).

And that's where you are Wrong....

Completing The Ceres Junction gives you Fever Strike... Your very first and probably only Toxin Mod....

From there you can get 75 Kills without Issues and I know this because I did this Twice this Year.... 👀

I have watched newer players being very frustrated and confused with this quest being accessible this early in the game and a lot of people cant beat it when it unlocks anyway (two planets into the game on venus).

This mostly comes from the game explaining very Badly how the Xoris Works and how to Stop Protea....

And I know this because I first Defeated her with The Lato.... And then Beat her Again with the MK1-Braton....

No Forma... No Potatoes.... 

She's not even that Tanky... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I highly suggest and request that you (DE) decide where you want to put it in the game and give it a proper progression lock. I think it's always good to alleviate frustration in the difficulty and continuity of the game. 

I agree.... But Moving this Quest behind Neptune isn't going to Change Anything....

I was MR 26 when the Deadlock Protocol first Came out had already Complete The Whole Star Chart... And Guess What.... That Quest was still frustrating.... Not because of MR or Gear Requirements.... Because it was Badly Explained as all Hell....

Moving the Quest Behind Neptune only Delays The Frustration.... People will still not know how to use the Xoris....

If anything having that Quest up that Early means players will learn to use Glaives early on.... DE just has to explain it Properly.... 👀

Heart of Deimos, is unlocked after the mars junction. It's clearly meant to be played later in the game because of the bounty rewards and high difficulty plus you can access the vault bounties without an operator though this might just be an oversight.

Those Bounty Rewards are exactly what New Players need.... And I know this because those Exact same rewards are on the Narmer/Zariman Bounties and people Curse their Existence there....

. I tested it, Europa when I had strong enough equipment on a new account to be able to solo the first bounty. And the reward for completing Heart of Deimos is a nechramech which can't be used until you've reached Pluto. This ofc leads to spoilers as well because people will go to the wiki to know what they just got.

You know what... You're right.... The War Within should be Accessible much Earlier.... 😁

Rising tides, can be completed before chains of harrow, this breaks the continuity of the story and the part with the man in the wall is lost on the player and shouldn't be possible according to the lore. This is of course easily solved by locking it behind the chains of harrow quest.

There's no Need.... If you actually did Rising Tide before Chains of Harrow then you would know that the Cutscenes where Wally Appears is Different.... Hence in this Case the Lore remains its usual level of Inconsistent....

Railjack has no progression locks and thus a new player will hit a difficulty wall which is gated in the entire game in some way except here.

Have you never heard of Intrinsics ? 🤔

Players without the "warrior operator" can access the Orphix mission which they're unable to contribute much to without an amp or a Necramech plus I think you can do it without completing the heart of Deimos as well.

They Actually Can't... The Game Boots out any Players who Haven't Completed The War Within....

Mate.... Did you actually create a new Account to test this or are you just Theory Crafting ? 🤔

Opinions: I think the lack of completion rewards and a lack of direction may be contributing to the loss of motivation to play railjack. We don't know why we're there and where we'll end up and what rewards we'll get. And personally I don't enjoy the free floating nodes as much as the chained nodes, it gives more purpose to progression for me.

Railjack Nodes are Also Chained aswell.... The Chains just Happen to be Invisible.

5 hours ago, gamingchair1121 said:

don't forget the vox solaris quest. new players for some reason always go to fortuna and try to do the quest but they cant because its too hard for them

This can easily be Fixed by Adding Toxin Mods as a Junction Reward on Venus.... That will make the Quest So much Easier....

Archived