Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shadows of Violence.How do I defeat them? They are very op(problem solved)

leachPrime

Question

Edit: (I found out that these guys are already in the game when the acolytes are first added. DE somehow removed them and bring them back again? On wiki Misery, I found out that if you can't kill Misery fast enough, then he spawns these totally op shadows. Even if these guys are already in the game, I still don't find them challenging or fun for new or casual players)

In steelpath survival, at around 30-40 mins, two stronger version of acolytes spawn. They are named Shadows of (any acolytes they mimic). They are completely immune to any status effect, armor strip and cc. They don't take any extra damage from specific damage type(eg: normal acolytes take extra dmg from corrosive). They can silent me. Also they regenerate shield very fast. Like very fast. I can't do enough damage to even dent their shield. They also won't disappear even if I die.

How do you even spawn them? Can I do something to avoid spawning them? There is nothing I can read about them on wiki or warframe codex. There is no info about them in devs twitch or devs posts. Completely dark. Secret or not I want to know at least a bit of info about them.

Seems like these guys are added with Echoes of the Zariman to prevent you from staring, sitting too much irl or farming steel essence too much. If that's the reason then what is the point again? Apart from steelpath survival, people still do other mission for straight hours and hours. And here I am(a noob with a op weapon that I happily farmed) hoping I can even do 14 steel essence per 30 minutes long survival.

Please DE, if you are too afraid of stacking dozens of resource boosting effects, then just make them extent their duration instead of stacking on each other. Like (2x)2day event and (2x)3day market is (2x)5days not (4x)3day.

There are also veterans who can easily kill them. So what is the reason for them anyway?

So please remove these guys or make them spawn only after 1hr30min mark or 2hr mark. I know vets can kill them but I can't. I want to at least do 1 hour survival and 14 or 16 steel essences.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)isbergen said:

I've never heard of this. So do they spawn if some AFK detection kicks in? Or after some time point in the mission. You would think the endurance you tubers would have videos of these guys if it was a time point thing.

AFK detection? IDK man. I was rolling, climbing, kicking and flying across the room the entire time. But I only used glaive prime bleed build to compensate the stat decay bug. Maybe that trigger the spawn? IDK. Completely destroyed my funs. And I found some videos on youtube. But they have so many dislikes idk why. 2likes and 80dislike. I'm like what?

1 minute ago, leachPrime said:

AFK detection? IDK man. I was rolling, climbing, kicking and flying across the room the entire time. But I only used glaive prime bleed build to compensate the stat decay bug. Maybe that trigger the spawn? IDK. Completely destroyed my funs. And I found some videos on youtube. But they have so many dislikes idk why. 2likes and 80dislike. I'm like what?

heavy glaive works fine on them

7 minutes ago, leachPrime said:

What damage type you use against them? Seems like i'm missing something.

pure slash glaive (throw and detonate)

im using an ivara with with vazarin and rolling gaurd ( they didnt kill me yet )

glaive:

igtLj1q.png

if its corpus im using toxin cerata or infested a gas cerata

pure tox cerata works well on them also but i never use that in grineer missions (personal prefrence)

faction damage is for faction u figting against, if u dont have primed, use normal ones

13 minutes ago, fo3nixz said:

Operation: Shadow Debt

Misery is only fought during every 5th wave of the final Defense and Defense Endurance mission of the Operation. Misery will enter the battle alongside a retinue of enemies known as Void Shades. After losing 33% of his health Misery will get knocked over, after which he will begin summoning more Void Shades as reinforcements. Upon losing 66% of his health Misery will summon yet more reinforcements, this final group made up of Shadows of Angst and Violence."

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Misery

Hmm strange. I fought Misery all the time before and had no trouble defeating him. But now it isn't like that. When ever I drop his health to that percent, he spawn them.

Just now, leachPrime said:

Hmm strange. I fought Misery all the time before and had no trouble defeating him. But now it isn't like that. When ever I drop his health to that percent, he spawn them.

yeah since angels of zariman, he started doing his thing again

2 minutes ago, leachPrime said:

Oh so he was nerfed back then? And they removed the nerf?

to be honest idk ( all acolytes in SP is already nerfed, when they where introduced to sp in the beginning they where much harder than now) was like old acos.

maybe spaghetti code or undocumented change but idk 

9 minutes ago, fo3nixz said:

pure slash glaive (throw and detonate)

im using an ivara with with vazarin and rolling gaurd ( they didnt kill me yet )

glaive:

igtLj1q.png

I'm using the same build. Although my frame is loki. All the others are same build like you mentioned. But like I said slash doesn't work. Seems like pure big red crit damage is the only answer for me.

Just now, leachPrime said:

I'm using the same build. Although my frame is loki. All the others are same build like you mentioned. Bu like I said slash doesn't work. Seems like pure big red crit damage is the only answer for me.

yeah shadows is immune to status

3 minutes ago, fo3nixz said:

to be honest idk ( all acolytes in SP is already nerfed, when they where introduced to sp in the beginning they where much harder than now) was like old acos

Oh these shadow needs some nerf. Otherwise I'm gonna extract everytime they spawn.

Archived