The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rated T, For Teen.

theGreatZamboni

I have no idea what this ESRB was thinking, In terms of detail this game is gorier than a lot of  M games on the market right now. Sure some of it can be pretty bad but comic spouts of blood and simple head explosions have nothing on turning people into science class diagrams.

RtkhOy6.jpg

I have no idea what this ESRB was thinking, In terms of detail this game is gorier than a lot of  M games on the market right now. Sure some of it can be pretty bad but comic spouts of blood and simple head explosions have nothing on turning people into science class diagrams.

Yeah. Still though, it's better safe than sorry. Remember that there is a "Gore Toggle" on the menus, so bringing that to GD in front of 90% of the public might have created trouble. I'm not the one who moved it, and while there was a quick forum hickup that restored it to GD, i cannot let it stay there since it was moved here by DE staff.

I was curious about how they reached this decision so I've sent them some screenshots and asked them about their rating process, hopefully I'll hear back from them in the next few days.

Yeah. Still though, it's better safe than sorry. Remember that there is a "Gore Toggle" on the menus, so bringing that to GD in front of 90% of the public might have created trouble. I'm not the one who moved it, and while there was a quick forum hickup that restored it to GD, i cannot let it stay there since it was moved here by DE staff.

Isn't the gore toggle off by default? Surely that suggests that DE feel it's fine and that everybody can handle it.

Isn't the gore toggle off by default? Surely that suggests that DE feel it's fine and that everybody can handle it.

Yup. Like i said though, it's a tricky matter and this got moved here. It wasn't locked or deleted though, so that was a compromise. I can promise you that i want more gore (and miniguns) in this game more than everyone else, but since i became a DE community representative i need to stick to my word and help keep the

Yes, because here in North America we, for some unknown reason, find sex to be naughty and violence to be okay. A brief shot of side-boob will net an "M" rating, but graphic and gory decapitations? Just fine for the teenies.

Yup.  I have always thought this.  It makes no sense.  Someone can take a shotgun to the face on tv and nobody cares, but one woman topless and everyone loses their minds.  And yet, they can show all the nudity they want on tv as long as it's a primitive jungle tribe on Discovery.

The point is, even if you have a toggle for gore, sex, blood, violence; the fact it is in the game means it still should be rated properly. It is about the content of the game. This game should be rated M, but isn't. It doesn't matter if you can toggle the gore. If you'd like I can compile a list of game that allow you to toggle blood/gore, but still rated M.

Keep posting those pictures.

I'm the Gore Guy™

Brutal Doom guy: "You call yourself GORE GUY?! Let me show how it is done BOY!"

SGtMarkIV knows how gore is done. But if you die in this it will look ugly:    

I will try the one where enemies dies when I find one :l

Edited by Revel72

Brutal Doom guy: "You call yourself GORE GUY?! Let me show how it is done BOY!"

SGtMarkIV knows how gore is done. But if you die in this it will look ugly:    

I will try the one where enemies dies when I find one :l

The Tenno Double-barreled Shotgun cometh...

Hint: It's used to hunt big game.

The Tenno Double-barreled Shotgun cometh...

Hint: It's used to hunt big game.

The double-barreled shotguns seems to be pretty same looking? Well on my opinion they look nearly same gun and should have same effect. Do you have any idea about when the U11 is coming?

You don't think a double barreled shotgun is capable of doing things that aren't Rated T?

Not that it matters at this point. The point of the thread was to highlight the insane rating this game has, based on its content. By putting pictures at the forefront of the thread I was able to showcase my point. People posted theirs, my thread got moved for no reason. People expressed how they felt using humor and plain sentences. You then highjacked the thread making it about you and your love of gore, rather than the content of the game on display and how it pertains to its rating. You seem unfit to mod if you are just going to highjack threads or derail them. Half of the 2nd page is just people replying to you and not talking about the discussion I sparked.

Not that it matters at this point. The point of the thread was to highlight the insane rating this game has, based on its content. By putting pictures at the forefront of the thread I was able to showcase my point. People posted theirs, my thread got moved for no reason. People expressed how they felt using humor and plain sentences. You then highjacked the thread making it about you and your love of gore, rather than the content of the game on display and how it pertains to its rating. You seem unfit to mod if you are just going to highjack threads or derail them. Half of the 2nd page is just people replying to you and not talking about the discussion I sparked.

The reason the thread got moved is because it turned exactly into a screenshot sharing thread, which does not belong in GD.

I'm obliged to tell you though that if you believe that i'm unfit for community moderation duty, then you are free to report me with your reasoning.

The reason the thread got moved is because it turned exactly into a screenshot sharing thread, which does not belong in GD.

I'm obliged to tell you though that if you believe that i'm unfit for community moderation duty, then you are free to report me with your reasoning.

So because it was moved, you have the right to derail it? You have the gall to abstain from guilt of that? Keep staring at the bark. Maybe when the leaves fall, you'll wake up and understand that the use of imagery to get a point across isn't the same as a generic screenshot thread.

Somehow, the idea of someone instead of trying to prevent a thread from going off topic, chooses to encourage the notion and actively derails it might not fit in most people's perception of what a moderator to do.

I feel like a mod saying that this thread should not be in GD because it promotes negative press about the discrepancy of WF content and ESRB rating would be more respectable.

Howabout you just make a new thread about the ESRB ratings

Then have this thread as a screenshot thread?

Some people can't read between the lines of your topic post anyways

What I did was a fun, less verbose way of getting the point across. Everyone understood my intent. If you read the first page, every post was exactly what I expected. It was all about the gore and how absurd a T rating is. People bumped with their own pictures. It was then moved to Off Topic by a Member of DE. Even though everyone else understood what I was doing, one person who works at DE did not.

Edited by theGreatZamboni

I would like to point out there are less posts with screenshots and more about talking about the subject at hand. The images are meant to compliment the absurdity of the T rating.