Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't fish in The Plains of Eidolons

SlugPuff2

Good day, hope you are doing well?

I wanted to ask for for any assistance possible with fishing in The Plains.

Since near the end of the previous Nightwave with the 4500 point weekly to catch 6 rare fish in The Plains, I find that there are no fish anywhere in the Plains.

I can see hotspots but there are no fish whatsoever, no bubble noises, no visible fish, even with dye and baits.

Is it possible to help me resolve the issue so i could complete the rest of nightwaves please?

7 minutes ago, SlugPuff2 said:

@Leqesaihey, thanks but i have tried squads both being host and not, also even solo playing 

one guy even hosted to see if fish will spawn then, he was fishing and i have yet to see a single fish in months

well fish are spawning so I don't know what your issue is. I was just fishing a few days ago and it was working fine

Maybe you could help me with this, like maybe I misunderstood warframe DE message back to me

Am I at the right place with this?

"Hello SlugPuff2

Thank you for your feedback. To make our development team aware of this, please post your request on the Warframe Feedback sub-forum.

Our Forums are regularly monitored for new ideas, bug reports along with general feedback about the game, and are the best place to be heard.

Should you also wish to delve deeper into Warframe's extensive universe, please check out our comprehensive Warframe Wiki

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us."

2 hours ago, SlugPuff2 said:

Since near the end of the previous Nightwave with the 4500 point weekly to catch 6 rare fish in The Plains, I find that there are no fish anywhere in the Plains.

I can see hotspots but there are no fish whatsoever, no bubble noises, no visible fish, even with dye and baits.

Is it possible to help me resolve the issue so i could complete the rest of nightwaves please?

Just to make sure its not an error caused by bad download, as that can often cause unwanted issues. Try to open the launcher, then go to the cogwheel in the top right corner. Then first to a verification, and then do a optimization. If any other problems arrise in the game in the future, you should always do this and then test again, to see if it was due to a corrupt file or the like. I would also suggest turning Fast download off in the same menu. 

4 hours ago, SlugPuff2 said:

Maybe you could help me with this, like maybe I misunderstood warframe DE message back to me

Am I at the right place with this?

Yes, your fine, but the forums are mostly used for 'player helping player' things so you'll get alot of player feedback, though a Dev might check over it.

Also, this may be obvious, but are you using the fishing rod correctly and not doing what i did on monday and equipped the trank rifle by mistake?

@xXDragonGodXxthanks ill go and take a look at turning off fast download cause i have redownloaded game and optimized as well as verify cache

@chaotea thanks yeah i thought this was mostly players helping, i  just dont get why they said i should post on forum and not the ticket, also yup fishing spear equiped, i can fish in venus and deimos just not earth

@(NSW)BenHiraga as mentioned to chaotea i can fish on other openworlds just not earth, and i have all 3 earth spears in wheel but nothing... so ill go have a look again at everything i can try

On 2022-08-12 at 3:28 AM, SlugPuff2 said:

On 2022-08-12 at 3:41 AM, Leqesai said:

It may be a host/client issue. Make sure you're the host. Either play solo or when you join into an instance of the plains immediately exit your group so it forces you into host position.

I have the same problem, except I'm not getting any hotspots to show up. Another player WP'ed a hotspot he saw, and when I dropped bait on it, I did finally get fish to spawn, but prior to that, I wasn't even getting goopola to show up (using dye) - no bubbles, nothing. Same for ponds, not even charceels or mawfish. Admittedly I didn't try solo, but I ran into this as both host and client.

I have all the spears but one Deimos one, I could fish fine prior to the New War (at least that's the last time I remember trying to fish PoE).

It would be nice to have a more accessible option for completing the open world conservation, mining, and fishing special quest events without consistently getting those square %*#(# (replace with personal favorite explitive). Its not that they are hard to kill but its more of an issue when combined with limiter time events or activities that are inaccessible for new players, I am just recently breaking through those limitations to a greater extent so its still fresh. 

Tasks that have unobtainable rewards due to access, and obtainable but with hindering factors that prevent real progress in game and can make the task to difficult or time consuming to complete. I mean there isnt any obvious resource In game that helps find rare fish locations or which are rare, its found easy enough with google but having to stop and google the information to complete the task is more time your not using for progressing. I do enjoy the conservation, fishing, mining activities when doing them to increase syndicate standing, but thats because i can complete them stop & come back to do more whenever I need a change of scenery or just have some time to kill as the final hr when a new weapon or warframe is finishing in the foundry.

Its not a big deal but new players have the most to gain from the rewards of these tasks, but they are also the most hindered from obtaining. I would assume early gameplay being more supportive for new players would result in a greater result of players sticking with the game long term, but thats only an assumption. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived