The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod placement

Bluedragon66

Question

A very good day, everyone. I just started playing Warframe and I have a few questions to ask with regards to mod placement. Hope someone can clear this up for me. And yes, I went through the Warframe wiki as well. My current MR is 2.

Presently, I am using a MK1-Braton as my primary weapon. (I don't know how to post pictures here so I hope you guys can bear with me)

I have noticed that with no mods selected, my impact damage for this weapon decreases from 7.3 to 5.1 (The figure 5.1 is in red by the way). Why is this so? Shoudn't the value remain the same with no mods selected?

Secondly, I understand that an electricity and cold mod produces a secondary damage called magnetic if placed together. However I noticed that if these 2 mods are placed together, there is no information on the damage electricity and cold produces. Instead, I get a magnetic damage value (on the left side of the upgrade tab under weapons. Does this mean that cold and electricity damage does not exit and is taken over by magnetic damage?

Moreover, the wiki says that thee mods in question must be placed side by side. However, if I add in another mod in between these 2 mods (for eg, my mod placement is Cold, Bane of Grineer and electricity), I noticed that the magnetic damage still is in place! So does that mean that the order of the placement of mods does not matter as long as one has a Cold and Electricity mod for the weapon?

Please advise. Thank you.

5 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, Bluedragon66 said:

I have noticed that with no mods selected, my impact damage for this weapon decreases from 7.3 to 5.1 (The figure 5.1 is in red by the way). Why is this so? Shoudn't the value remain the same with no mods selected?

When you add or remove mods the stats on the left change, so you can see what the mod did. Because you removed mods, the stats were lowered and are shown red, so you know the stats got worse.

Secondly, I understand that an electricity and cold mod produces a secondary damage called magnetic if placed together. However I noticed that if these 2 mods are placed together, there is no information on the damage electricity and cold produces. Instead, I get a magnetic damage value (on the left side of the upgrade tab under weapons. Does this mean that cold and electricity damage does not exit and is taken over by magnetic damage?

Yes. 

Moreover, the wiki says that thee mods in question must be placed side by side. However, if I add in another mod in between these 2 mods (for eg, my mod placement is Cold, Bane of Grineer and electricity), I noticed that the magnetic damage still is in place! So does that mean that the order of the placement of mods does not matter as long as one has a Cold and Electricity mod for the weapon?

What the wiki means is that the order (from left to right) affects how the elements combine.
If you place electricity, cold and heat in that order, you get magnetic and heat.
If you place heat, electricity, cold, you get radiation and cold.
(The first two combine, the third stays.)
If you equip all 4 elements, you get 2 combined elements.
Ex: Heat, cold, electricity, toxin will give you Blast and Corrosive.

9 minutes ago, Bluedragon66 said:

I am not exactly sure what is happening as you don't post pictures. Either you had a mod installed and then taken it away in which case the interface tells you tge difference between your current unmodded state and the previous state where you had a mod installed. Or you switched between the modding tabs in which case it's the difference between your current selected tab and the previously selected one.

Either way the displayed 5.1 figure is your unmodded damage.

16 minutes ago, Bluedragon66 said:

When you combine 2 primary elemental types the sum of damage values for these types is converted into secondary type. You no longer deal any of the primary damage types you combined.

Notice however than the mods have priority over the innate elemental damage. If a weapon has innate toxin damage, and you add an electricity mod - the damage is converted into corrosive. However if you add both electricity and cold mods, their damage is insted converted into magnetic and you deal toxin damage on top of it.

20 minutes ago, Bluedragon66 said:

Side by side does not matter, what matters is mod order. If you have three different elemental mods, the first two will combine first, the third is left by itself.

Mod order is left to right then top to bottom.

Archived