The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why nidus is truly immortal.

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

20 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I think you're misunderstanding what Leqesai is saying.  In your analysis of Nidus's immortality, you have taken stacks for granted and assumed Nidus will always have them as long as the player isn't AFK.  But that's simply not the case.  Many things can happen that will result in Nidus not having stacks, from user error to other players dominating the enemy pool.

Every frame is immortal as long as you assume that the thing that results in them dying isn't happening.

I already stated multiple ways a player can safely build stacks. And if other tenno are killing too many, nidus can always build stacks in a secluded corner.

35 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I already stated multiple ways a player can safely build stacks. And if other tenno are killing too many, nidus can always build stacks in a secluded corner.

No plan survives contact with the enemy.  Things can go wrong, and given enough time they inevitably do.  That's the key part of this whole issue that you seem to keep brushing past.  It's easy to imagine things going well, but reality is messier.

Again, every frame is immortal as long as the things that kill them don't happen.  If we assume things go well, all frames are immortal.  But if you want to genuinely reckon with a frame's survivability, you have to grapple with what happens when things go wrong and mistakes are made.  Does Nidus have some buffers between him and death?  Yes.  Is he immortal?  No.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

No plan survives contact with the enemy.  Things can go wrong, and given enough time they inevitably do.  That's the key part of this whole issue that you seem to keep brushing past.  It's easy to imagine things going well, but reality is messier.

Again, every frame is immortal as long as the things that kill them don't happen.  If we assume things go well, all frames are immortal.  But if you want to genuinely reckon with a frame's survivability, you have to grapple with what happens when things go wrong and mistakes are made.  Does Nidus have some buffers between him and death?  Yes.  Is he immortal?  No.

No plan survives contact with enemies? I'd like to see how enemies burn through nidus's stacks while he's under the protection of cloak arrow or resonator. Even if one of the enemies or a toxin cloud hits him, he still won't die if he has stacks, so as long as you aren't draining his passive to 0 before recharging you are fine.

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

No plan survives contact with enemies? I'd like to see how enemies burn through nidus's stacks while he's under the protection of cloak arrow or resonator. Even if one of the enemies or a toxin cloud hits him, he still won't die if he has stacks, so as long as you aren't draining his passive to 0 before recharging you are fine.

Welp, you've convinced me, it seems like there's literally nothing that could happen in the entire game to prevent Nidus from having all the resources and breathing room he needs to have constant access to his death-preventing abilities.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Nidus is immortal if you build stacks, nothing can kill you.

Obviously you can die if you decide to afk and do nothing, that's why it's a video game. 

The point is, nidus cannot die if he has stacks. There's no way you can "mess up" and die when you are holding 50+ stacks, which is something other frames can't say the same about.

To clarify a bit more on what I was saying. I am poking fun at you a little bit here because the title of your thread and the first sentence are contradictions. I'm not actually participating with the conversation as a whole. I was just being a turd.

Archived