Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Veilbreaker: Archon Hunt - Companion's Stuck

TheAmyThyst

During the actual assassination attempt on the Archon itself, my companions will get stuck next to the spawned Narmer blockade.

The companion will still be shown as alive, but will be frozen (won't move, will remain in the state they were in during the Archon cutscene - example, will keep the invulnerability if the Regen mod activates on the Sentinel), most likely immune and all of their mods stop working except for Animal Instinct and Helios' Scan (Vacuum stops grabbing loot, Charm stops working, etc.)
Happens on sentinels and kavats, so most likely on everything.
Observed after the first hotfix, tested on Helios and Smeeta Kavat

I had something similar happen last night on the Archon Hunt assassinate as well.  I was using my moa and soon as entered the room with the Archon it warped to the other side of the room in one of the tunnels and froze there.  By the time I noticed, enemies had put it into bleedout, but the timer was frozen too and attempts to revive it didn't work.  Also worth noting that while it was in bleedout, it was frozen mid-animation and not lying on the ground as it should have been.

Confirmed, companions (Sentinel and Kubrow, tested personally) just faly out fail to exist after the pointless "hug" that for some reason has to happen. 

Been a week+, and especially since the ammo nerfs we really *need* carrier to be functioning. And sadly, we also can't just die to fix it, because you know, no revies. SO. Fun. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This still occurs for me as well. After completing most archon hunts to date, I've experienced exactly one mission where my kavat didn't get frozen upon spawning the boss, but they were immediately frozen when phase 2 began, and I have yet to experience it again. Seems like it happens for moas, kubrows, and sentinels too from my testing. This bug has been seemingly present since launch - I really wish one of the devs would check out one of the threads about this bug or at least let us know they've seen it.

• 2 weeks later...

Truly amazing that this is still a thing. 

You go through all the right channels, and despite *needing* Sacrifice if you're alone (because arbitrary forced co-op is always a win in my book when I need to frequently pause and take care of my disabled children) ... because Battlysts are so incredibly overpowered and spawn in aggro'd at their own team mates and start doing the laser twirl of death that defeats the purpose of shield getting because each singular laser that hits you does 8 billion damage. 

Seriously the worst content ever all because of bugs that go unchanged for this long... yet you can make the changes to the wolf/rhino Archon so now he can pull Ivara to him and uncloak her... because when I think tank I think Ivara. So ultra-fun. 

Archived