Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Support: Common Issues

[DE]Megan

I've been seeing a lot of worried players creating Support Tickets, not completely sure of what issues can be handled by our support staff. So, I'm creating this topic to give a (maybe not so) brief rundown of common problems that can be solved for you if you contact Support. Hopefully this will encourage more players to contact Support. At the risk of sounding dramatic, please don't suffer in silence.

This thread in particular focuses on inventory issues, but please don't hesitate to contact Support when you're experiencing problems; that's why we're here!

I've seen a few players worried that we perform a rollback on your account to solve your issues. We do not cause your account to lose any progress; we simply modify its current state to correct your problem (eg, we won't rollback your account to fix a sold item, we simply place it back into your inventory)

"I accidentally purchased the same item twice."
First things first, please choose which one you'd like to keep and start using it! Support tries to have as little impact on your playtime as possible; we're able to see which of the items you aren't using it and remove it from your inventory (even while you're logged in). Platinum refunds can usually be processed, as long as you submit the ticket within 24 hours of your purchase.

"I bought the wrong item."
A variation of the above problem, but the same applies. We're able to remove the item and refund your platinum fully. Please don't abuse this: we're able to track XP on items, and cannot perform refunds on "used/ranked up" items.

"I sold an item by mistake, is there any way I can have it back?"
Absolutely. Any item you've sold within the last 30 days (please contact us as soon as possible) can be restored back to it's original state, although any mods on Weapons/Warframes may not remain intact (there's some witchcraft involved). One issue is that the reversal process will fail if there's not enough inventory space currently available; we'll contact you to let you know you need to make room in your inventory. 

"An item was building in my Foundry and now it isn't."
Usually this is because the blueprint was sold accidentally. We'll replace the blueprint, and the item will appear back in your Foundry without losing any construction time.

"I started building something in the Foundry that I didn't mean to."
If the item is finished, please don't claim it, and we will refund the full construction costs. We do not refund foundry items once they are claimed by the player.

"I built a skin, but I can't find it."
You can equip skins by customizing their respective item, such as a Warframe to switch your helmet. If you have trouble though, contact Support and we can verify you have the item, as well as help you get it equipped.

"My mod is missing" & "I fused a mod by accident!"
One note here is that if it was a rifle-type mod, it may be hiding on your Sentinel, but usually your mod was fused by accident. If you have a good idea what mod it may have been fused into, please don't perform any more fusions; if a fused mod is fused again into a new mod, it cannot be recovered. This is one of the more time-intensive requests that are made, but we're almost always able to recover the mod.

"I polarized my Weapon/Warframe incorrectly, help!"
You bet we can help. You can keep using the item in the meantime, and we'll add the polarity you request.

"I didn't receive any rewards from the event!."

Support issues for events are unfortunately time-sensitive. We can only investigate tickets created within 1 week of the event ending.

There's one last issue I want to cover here. It can be common since our game is still in Beta, but unfortunately it's one we can't offer much support for.

"My game crashed during a mission." & "Failed to save progress. Data was not saved."
This is unfortunately something Support cannot help with. When these occur, there's no record of your mission for us to investigate, so we're unable to restore the lost items. We're constantly working to solve these issues as they pop up, so we ask you to be patient with us while we work to improve Warframe.

TL;DR: Contact Support! We can help you with a variety of problems you're having.

Please post in this thread if you have any questions about support, or if you're unsure support can help you. However, if your account needs to be modified to correct your issue, you'll still need to officially contact us and create a Support Ticket.

Edited by [DE]Megan
removed account reset

Hey, I started playing Warframe right after getting the PS4 on the 15th, and I wasn't aware of the fact that the game had a PC version, and also a website. Discovered it today. I accidentally bought some items, and I thoulght there's no way to report it, or that there was a customer support team. I figured I'd try and still make do with what I got, as platinum isn't available via normal game missions. Is there anyway I could possibly get help with this? A full refund would be nice, or maybe a partial one. Any help would be awesome! Thanks.

Hey, I started playing Warframe right after getting the PS4 on the 15th, and I wasn't aware of the fact that the game had a PC version, and also a website. Discovered it today. I accidentally bought some items, and I thoulght there's no way to report it, or that there was a customer support team. I figured I'd try and still make do with what I got, as platinum isn't available via normal game missions. Is there anyway I could possibly get help with this? A full refund would be nice, or maybe a partial one. Any help would be awesome! Thanks.

Hey, you purchased items in-game on the PS4 by accident? Or you wish to play the PC version instead of on PS4?

The only issues i get is that after every mission it dosent save my progress like you stated.

I'm for ever stuck at rank 17. Not exactly sure if this is my problem or not but is there anyway around this.  

I can confirm this and no mod or staff member have commented on this. I'm about to give up on Warframe altogether because this is so frustrating.

Hi there,

I am enjoying this game a lot. Thanks for bringing out a great game DE. I have an AURA mod that I can neither equip or upgrade through fusion. My AURA mod energy siphon shows up in my ALL mods section but does not show up in my AURA section.

Can you please look in to this.

I am also noticing some of my mods are not changing the stats of my warframe or weapons. Steel fibre for example isn't changing the armour rating of my war frame.

Hey, it's been 2 days, still no fix. If a mod does pass by these posts, please leave a few words to confirm the errors have been received. 

Off topic - To everyone else waiting too, they might be taking longer since it was the weekend. I'm not sure if the forum staff is 24/7 or normal business days. I'll give the game a chance and wait till Monday, hopefully things are going to be sorted out by then. A lot of friends already quit the game, it's getting boring playing with strangers, and the glitches anchoring progress pretty bad.

Hi I just wanted to say that I got my issues fixed. I made a ticket in the support section. Aside from yesterday being Sunday I would say they replied fairly quickly. So thanks DE. The 2nd part of your comment, out of all my PSN friends I was the only one to get a PS4 right away so I am almost playing with randoms. If you want we can run missions, consistency would be good too. My PSN is Okami_No_Kage.

Hi I just wanted to say that I got my issues fixed. I made a ticket in the support section. Aside from yesterday being Sunday I would say they replied fairly quickly. So thanks DE. The 2nd part of your comment, out of all my PSN friends I was the only one to get a PS4 right away so I am almost playing with randoms. If you want we can run missions, consistency would be good too. My PSN is Okami_No_Kage.

I submitted a ticket, and had it resolved fairly quickly, too. xD

I'll add you, having a consistent team would definitely be welcomed. :3

How do you buy something accidentally... lol

On day one I've bought things by accident just because I was too excited and impatient, or didn't pay attention to the confirmation screen. Sometimes the influence of alcohol was also involved, but accidents are accidents. You can't see them coming, hence the term. I'm sure there's other unseen reasons someone might make a mistake, we're human after all. I have a hunch they'll make the mechanics more strict once the game is complete. Don't forget, we're still investing real money when we acquire platinum, even though the game is still in beta. :)

I'm having major issues saving progress too, just spent 30$ on platinum and can't level up the new war frame or gun I just bought.... Ugh, good game but don't know how long I'll play if this keeps up, sent in a ticket, hopefully get a response, the sniper rifle I bought for 225 platinum is nigh on unusable due to the design on the sight, can't see a thing, sweet game otherwise though

Whenever I start Warframe it gives me an error saying, "some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. please restart warframe to try again". I get this error all the time and I've re-installed warframe for the 3rd time. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

I am getting this exact same issue. I haven't been able to play for 2 days because of this. I have also "Deleted and Reinstalled" this game. Digital Extrexme this is an issue. 

I have an issue-- it is more annoying than anything else. When I start a game post update 11 on the ps4.. Everyone shakes really badly including myself.. It is like a high speed jerk back and forth by all warframes on the screen... If i start a mission solo.. When it zooms in where my character is going to be dropping down from the ship-- his/hers guns/melee weapon is showing like the invisible man is carrying them.. This all stops once actual gameplay stops-- so no biggy but i just thought i would mention it. Also-- in the new labs in the dojo the ones where the infected are in the test tubes.. Everytime i go in there they are shaking ridiculously (like all the warframes do at the beginning of a multiplayer mission) and they are sometimes all the way outside of the test tube. I also have some particle effect issues-- when frost freezes a bunch of mobs, i cant see them shatter.. They just disappear after a bit. Is there anything I can try to restore some of this? If I un install warframe from my ps4 and reinstall it will I lose my progress?

Any help with any of this is much appreciated-- Oh, I also have not seen any effects for any of the new status stuff period even when I can see the symbol by the mobs name (frozen mobs dont look icy.. Electrocuted mobs dont have lightning around them etc.. My sword is the only thing I can see elements on.. Not my guns or mobs or other warframes.

Thanks in advance

-Crackle2012 aka Ryan

Hello PS4 Tenno! This Topic is to give a brief rundown of common problems that can be solved for you if you contact Support.Hopefully this will encourage more players to contact Support. We do have an influx of requests when Updates go live and there can be a delay with our Support Staff contacting you. At the risk of sounding dramatic, please don't suffer in silence.This thread in particular focuses on inventory issues, but please don't hesitate to contact Support when you're experiencing problems; that's why we're here!I've seen a few players worried that we perform a rollback on your account to solve your issues. We do not cause your account to lose any progress; we simply modify its current state to correct your problem (eg, we won't rollback your account to fix a sold item, we simply place it back into your inventory)"I accidentally purchased the same item twice."First things first, please choose which one you'd like to keep and start using it! Support tries to have as little impact on your playtime as possible; we're able to see which of the items you aren't using it and remove it from your inventory (even while you're logged in). All items on the Market can be refunded and your platinum/credits will be fully refunded for the duplicate purchase."I bought the wrong item."A variation of the above problem, but the same applies. We're able to remove the item and refund your platinum fully. Please don't abuse this: we're able to track XP on items, and cannot perform refunds on "used" items that you are finished with. Again, all items on the Market can be refunded."I sold an item by mistake, is there any way I can have it back?"Absolutely. Any item you've sold within the last 60 days can be restored back to its original state, although any mods on Weapons/Warframes may not remain intact (there's some witchcraft involved). One issue is that the reversal process will fail if there's not enough inventory space currently available; we'll contact you to let you know you need to make room in your inventory."An item was building in my Foundry and now it isn't."Usually this is because the blueprint was sold accidentally. We'll replace the blueprint, and the item will appear back in your Foundry without losing any construction time."I started building something in the Foundry that I didn't mean to."If support doesn't contact you in time, please don't claim the item from your Foundry. We'll remove it, and refund the full construction costs."I built a skin, but I can't find it."You can equip skins by customizing their respective item, such as a Warframe to switch your helmet. If you have trouble though, contact Support and we can verify you have the item, as well as help you get it equipped."I'd like an item removed from my inventory please"I've seen a few of these, and if you want a tidy inventory, I'm not going to judge you. Unsellable items like Warframe Components can be removed from your inventory, but the construction costs will not be refunded."My mod is missing" & "I fused a mod by accident!"One note here is that if it was a rifle-type mod, it may be hiding on your Sentinel, but usually your mod was fused by accident. If you have a good idea what mod it may have been fused into, please don't perform any more fusions; if a fused mod is fused again into a new mod, it cannot be recovered. This is one of the more time-intensive requests that are made, but we're almost always able to recover the mod."I polarized my Weapon/Warframe incorrectly, help!"You bet we can help. You can keep using the item in the meantime, and we'll add the polarity you request.There's one last issue I want to cover here. It can be common since our game is still in Beta, but unfortunately it's one we can't offer much support for."My game crashed during a mission." & "Failed to save progress. Data was not saved."This is unfortunately something Support cannot help with. When these occur, there's no record of your mission for us to investigate, so we're unable to restore the lost items. We're constantly working to solve these issues as they pop up, so we ask you to be patient with us while we work to improve Warframe.TL;DR: Contact Support! We can help you with a variety of problems you're having.Please post in this thread if you have any questions about support, or if you're unsure support can help you. However, if your account needs to be modified to correct your issue, you'll still need to officially contact us and create a Support Ticket.