Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A lot of Zariman objects are still missing most of their detail when using the Classic engine.

SmolFloofyRedhead

For a while, I couldn't use the Enhanced engine. Even when I tried it on my decent laptop, it spiked the CPU usage to 100% and it stayed there. 10th gen Intel i5. My new desktop, with its 12th gen i5, handles it like a champ. Previous desktop sure as hell couldn't handle it either.

The result? Most Zariman objects had flat textures, no symbols/logos anywhere, etc. I had no idea just how many things were supposed to have Zariman logos and drawings on them until I could finally make that upgrade! Even when I switched engines to get screenshots for the attached Imgur album, keeping my other settings high, same result.

Again, much of the detail is missing. Some dirt smudges are still there, but pretty much every decal is gone. Other objects don't lose this much detail ion the Classic engine. From the look of it, either the simplest-looking versions are being used, or the objects are just missing all decals and bump maps.

Imgur album comparing a number of things in the Enhanced and Classic engines

I actually couldn't make this post until I got my new computer cause nothing I had could even run the Enhanced engine without strain.

8 hours ago, RitaSanderson said:

Noticed that too, really want to know from DE if it's a bug or intentional 

It's got to be an oversight or bug. Again, nothing else is missing every decal and bump map. I just checked with the newer objects added to Kahl's camp and Chipper's model, and although these models are newer than the AoTZ models, no detail was lost.

8 hours ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

I doubt DE will fix it since they plan to fully move Warframe to the Enhanced render engine at some point.

Really? My decent laptop can't run the Enhanced engine without heavy strain. I tried switching once, 100% CPU usage and it didn't go down. I was in the Dormizone at the time. It has a 10th gen i5 in it and getting rid of the Classic engine will force a lot of people to stop playing cause only the newest hardware can actually run the Enhanced engine from the look of it. Given that the new Veilbreaker models don't lose detail like Zariman stuff does, some oversight was made.

Archived