Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exploiter Orb boss fight wasted potential due to pacing / rewards issues

Vit0Corleone

I remember doing Exploiter back in the day and my thoughts were at the time: what a cool boss fight.

It's an example of how you guys can make a boss fight that isn't about damage output, but rather about mechanical multi stage challenges with cool animations in between.

I went to do it today, and I felt something has changed.

The pacing is just way off on the outside stage of the fight. Coolant Raknoids either don't spawn or spawn only a couple far far away.

This causes most of that stage of the boss fight to be about just waiting and hopefully eventually find enough Raknoids.

It's a real shame really, because this bad pacing and the lack of any interesting evergreen rewards, makes this boss fight pretty much irrelevant, especially considering how much time it takes.

I still think that in concept it's one of the best fights we have, it will be great if you guys could do a review on this and bringing back to life ..

Thanks for listening!

Edit:

1) After maybe 5 minutes waiting around, I went to explore further away and found canisters not anywhere close the fight. Seems somehow the Raknoids were dying on their own far away before they reach the area.

2) Video: 

Archived