The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

LAVOS, Abilitiy Usage Option, Does not work

A_BloodyVanguard

I know that the following is not a bug. But personally it bothers me so much:

Lavos is certainly an interesting frame considering its ability cooldowns instead of energy. But I couldn't really use it so far, only for testing purposes in Simulacrum.

This is due to the following reason: The toggling of the playstyle option "Use abilities on selection" unfortunately doesn't work with Lavos.

According to my current playstyle, I always select the abilities with the keys 1 to 4 and a separate side key on the mouse is used to execute/apply the abilities.

Please adjust this functionality.

On 2022-09-26 at 11:34 PM, A_BloodyVanguard said:

The toggling of the playstyle option "Use abilities on selection" unfortunately doesn't work with Lavos.

Dunno what to tell you, except that it does on my end (on either setting for Hold vs Tap usage),
and for anyone else who has that toggled on AFAIK.

Can you cast abilities on other Frames by just pressing 1-4?

On 2022-09-26 at 11:34 PM, A_BloodyVanguard said:

I know that the following is not a bug.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you entirely then, could you rephrase / clarify what you mean?

Yes, yes, yesyesyes.

This was the main reason I stopped playing Lavos. It's just too difficult to control him in his current state.

В 28.09.2022 в 09:53, NinjaZeku сказал:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you entirely then, could you rephrase / clarify what you mean?

I believe OP is trying to say that "using keys 1-4 to select an ability (not cast) and a separate button to cast it" playstyle doesn't work with Lavos as it should ("use abilities on selection" - for some reason in the "controller" tab - should be off in the options).

As we all know, as Lavos you can hold the ability to infuse it (or whatever it's called) into your next cast. And here how it currently works with the aforementioned playstyle:

• you press the ability button (1, 2, 3 or 4) you want to select, but instead of just selecting it Lavos will immediately use it (wasting the current infusion) and the ability will be selected;
  • holding the ability selection button (1, 2 ,3 or 4) will not infuse it into your next cast;
  • holding the "use ability" key will infuse it into your next cast as it should;
  • tapping the "use ability" key will cast the selected ability as it should;
  • scroll wheel works for selecting abilities without immediately casting them, but it's slow and not very convenient.

As you can see, it's confusing and inconsistent with Lavos, if you are using this playstyle.

Archived