The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Momentarily Stops Responding Periodically

vomder

Not sure exactly when this started happening as I haven't been playing the game as much the last few weeks. But within that time the game seems to have developed a problem, which I'm unable to determine the cause.

It doesn't matter if I'm in a game or in the menu, but the game temporarily stops responding for various amounts of time. Some times it's just a few seconds others it's maybe a minute or two. And if I'm online in a game, this causes the game to I guess de-snyc and I end up in my own game.

Now I've run several programs to check for any malicious programs causing interference, got nothing back. Reinstalled the game, the issue persists. I've turned down the graphics, switched off the 64-bit mode, ran it in a window to see if my connection was dropping.

I'm really at a loss for what is happening and it's making the game really hard to play.

So has anyone else had this or a similar problem or some suggestions?

It's most likely related to memory usage. I have XP 32bit and therefor cannot address more than 3,3GB of system memory. If I play with high texture and shadow settings, even though my graphics card could handle it, the game starts exhibiting exactly the behavior you described after some time in game.

Try lowering the texture quality to see if it affects the freezes.

Had it happen a few times myself, every damn time I think my game has crashed.

For me it actually hasn't lead to crashes.

same and only since update 11 so not my pc

This was happening before Update 11

It's most likely related to memory usage. I have XP 32bit and therefor cannot address more than 3,3GB of system memory. If I play with high texture and shadow settings, even though my graphics card could handle it, the game starts exhibiting exactly the behavior you described after some time in game.

Try lowering the texture quality to see if it affects the freezes.

If you re-read my post, you'll see that I did lower my graphics.

I've likewise had this issue. I don't think it's a paging memory issue. I never hear my harddrive thrashing when these freezes happen. People have described in threads here the exact same problem while using 64bit OSes.

Are you able to Alt-Tab without issue?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/124018-lots-of-hard-crashes/#entry1465661

Edited by EvilMind

Same issue here, though rarely for more than a second or 5. oddly, it is ONLY warframe that freezes as everything else is fine.

in response to Evilmind:  that links to a thread about crashes, while if i read correctly, Vom and i are experiencing temporary freezes. (though no, i cannot alt-tab without the game dying a horrific death)

this issue seems oddly to ignore what (if anything) i am doing, and its even caught me on the Login Screen a couple of times, and often in the lobby or menus when im not even touching anything.

...theres also a waterfall in one of the orokin tower rooms that seems to cause a hang every time i look in its direction, but that may or may not be related.

This has been hitting me since around update 8-ish.

Edited by niekitty

I can alt-tab but it's kind of delayed.

I do have an update on my end for what's happened. I recalled somewhere on these forums mentioning programs in the background possibly causing issues and decided to try that.

I usually have both xfire and raptr running in the background, so I tried running Warframe without both, and it ran just fine. Tried running the game with ratpr, ran just fine. Tried it again with just xfire running, and bingo. The random momentary slow downs where back.

So there is some kind interaction between xfire and Warframe causing the slow down. But this issue is relatively recent, as it didn't use to happen until, I don't know a month or 2 ago I guess. Also not sure which program as actually at fault here, I'm leaning towards Warframe as I haven't had this issue with xfire running and playing other games.

So I'll shoot a message to support on here now that I know what was behind the issue, and I'll try and see where on xfire to send one too.

I usually have both xfire and raptr running in the background, so I tried running Warframe without both, and it ran just fine. Tried running the game with ratpr, ran just fine. Tried it again with just xfire running, and bingo. The random momentary slow downs where back.

So there is some kind interaction between xfire and Warframe causing the slow down. But this issue is relatively recent, as it didn't use to happen until, I don't know a month or 2 ago I guess. Also not sure which program as actually at fault here, I'm leaning towards Warframe as I haven't had this issue with xfire running and playing other games.

interesting... i dont use XFire, but maybe my AV or something...