Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oull Requiem Mod (Animated) Issue

0x62

This is a late feedback regarding the Echoes of the Zariman: Update 31.6 related to the "badly designed" Oull Requiem Mod. While it definitely made clear what the functionality of the mod does, it is now difficult to find/recognize the icon when the icon is a pretty exact match for standard Requiem Mods. In summary, the function is made very clear via animation, but the still frame can be very confusing/misleading.

In the following screenshot, the Oull is visible in both the mod list, and the stab history, but it isn't recognizable until waiting. For the stab history, it can make deduction confusing until the user takes into account that one of the conflicting correct ones is Oull (i.e. Jahu and Khra can't both be correct in the same first slot). For the mod list, finding the Oull mod is now like finding a needle in the haystack when trying to search for it visually. Without searching the word "Oull", I have to hover over the Oull mod to confirm that the mod does have the "Oull" keyword on it, since I blink and can miss the animation.

I am not a designer, so I don't know what would be a visually appealing fix, but if this can be looked into I would appreciate it very much.

Spoiler

The following oull mod is Jahu

a5ac1bb09f878b5dd93cdd3ceb76a150.jpg

The following oull mod is visually Lohk

4176e2c2cba85a498ba5d1591ce0ead4.jpg

14 minutes ago, 0x62 said:

I have to hover over the Oull mod to confirm that the mod does have the "Oull" keyword on it, since I blink and can miss the animation.

Common xd You can't really be serious, can you?

It's true that still image can be confusing, but why on earth would you need a screenshot of a videogame be more comprehensible than the real moving thing?

They changed the animation to what it is now, because a still Oull image/name was confusing to many players.

12 hours ago, Cerikus said:

Common xd You can't really be serious, can you?

It's true that still image can be confusing, but why on earth would you need a screenshot of a videogame be more comprehensible than the real moving thing?

They changed the animation to what it is now, because a still Oull image/name was confusing to many players.

For a couple reasons:

• I personally act faster than the animation plays.
  • The animation can be a blink and miss moment (the transition might be too fast?)
  • Screenshots of the screen looking for help can indicate to a veteran which is the Oull in the stab history (happened just now when someone was commenting on my stab order).

If you didn't get it from my original post, I definitely don't want to take the animation away: it's a decisions that needs to stay. I am just requesting to enhance the readability of a still-image version, either by:

• merging the old Oull mod with the new animation (still have the Requiem Mod clear to see, but the top right and the bottom left have bits sticking out
    • Might be bad because it will add more visual clutter?
  • As @Xaeroproposed, different color
    • Might be bad because it will not fall inline with the other mods, causing confusion?

As of right now, I like the "different color" as the solution so far.

Archived