Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rupture Decay is anti-fun

Grave.Knight

Rupture Decay doesn't make Flood fun or exciting, it just makes it so I want to leave, especially since it has a habit of showing up as a first tier hazard. A Void Flood run can go well and suddenly Rupture Decay shows up and now every single Rupture is an uphill fight, especially if you get the damn visual bug that makes the Vitoplast energy in your orb invisible, and, what I hope is a bug, where vitoplat just doesn't want to spawn.

Just remove Rupture Decay. I'd say make it into a higher tier hazard, but if you're having problems keeping it from getting to tier 2 or 3 than Rupture Decay is an automatic game over.

• 2 weeks later...

RD should NEVER be a tier one rupture, b/c sometimes vitoplast spawns on the ceiling in sparse groupings in the hangar bay, clogging up the pool of vitoplast spawned on the map.

it is asinine to NEED to bullet jump twice to try and obtain nigh unreachable orbs, not to mention there should be some sort of despawning mechanic in finished zones. 

Agreed, OP. I always thought complications were intended to make mission progression via filling ruptures harder in a broad game design sense, not to remove partial progress in a mission. I'd even accept some other hazard, just so long as it actually adds a difficulty twist to the gameplay loop of Grab vitoplast -> deliver to ruptures -> kill thrax. I'd argue that they should avoid reduced vitoplast spawns and tougher thrax units from complications as well for the earlier reason.

• 1 month later...

Archived