Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Don't Seekers Have A Duration Limit?

Soulie

So I'm watching this poor guy's stream and he got hit with a seeker. His team mate is off doing whatever, and he's stuck there, being permanently electrocuted.

He probably sat there for several minutes, immobilized, unable to shoot anything, until some grineer came and hunted him down. It wasn't until he was down, that he was able to shoot.

I can't imagine this was intentional, 'cause that seems like quite an oversight. There needs to be a max duration a player can be electrocuted (maybe 10 seconds), because being permastunned with no one around is flat out silly.

It is actually intended this way to enforce teamplay and sticking together. Your COOP-partner has to destroy those pesky little balls to free you. If you are playing solo they simply latch on to you and explode for some damage after a while.

Edited by Schalimah

They are a bit unpredictable. I was recently far behind my teammates and got hit with a seeker, but it blew up before any of them got back to me. It was probably somewhere over a half minute up to a max of a minute of time that I was waiting. The only reason that I didn't die was because the grineer throwing them and all the other grineer around were dead.

Though not everyone will have killed the thrower before getting hit which means that even if they do blow up on their own after a while, he will still be throwing more and you will be permanently locked down if someone doesn't help.

The seekers are a very weird addition, though they do add a unique new flavor to the enemies.

It's a bad mechanic. There should be a way for players to deal with it solo. The co-op part should be making it be faster. Currently that isn't the case because it's almost too hard to remove at anything other then super close range. Which is itself a problem because this brings the help into whatever killing field the stunned guy is trapped in. That includes additional little S#&$ stun balls. Which can on bad day lead to TPK (total party kill) even if everyone is 100% committed to co-op play.

I'd also take a momment to complain about the death rate as well. It is too fast. Too easy for person who was downed to stuck in a bad spot where everyone else is going to get killed coming to help. It leaves virtually no time to do even moderate area clearing.

I realize buying extra revives for the day is a way DE is thinking of trying to make some extra money... but I'd like to challenge them to look at their current usage data to see if that is actually happening. If the are not seeing significant returns is urge them to reconsider the rate of death. If they want co-op play with run and gun action then they need to give friends more time to get to downed players. I'd point out that Left 4 Dead isn't even as fast as Warframes bleed out... provided you didn't go down inside the thickest of hord rushes.

Also, can we get Tech Roll in the house?

Edited by Brasten