The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

Move the Misa Syandana scarf and all future exclusive content to Tier One of the Prime Access, along with the icons and titan prime. Then remove the glaive and sicarus to tier two and higher. Problem solved.

Founders and people who want to earn the weapons are able to buy the exclusives without ruining their game by purchasing the weapons. Keeping the exclusives in Tier three is a clear money grabbing exploit of the community in a game where they're making a very healthy profit.

It's a real F you to the community.

The Greedy milk business model.

DE - hey do you like playing warframe?

community - I sure do!

DE - Well here's instant access to all the new prime gear!

community - But I actually want to play the game and earn those prime pieces with friends.

DE - Oh you do, mmmm (starts rubbing nipples) well we've put exclusive content in the package.

community - Is it Tier 1?

DE - Nope, its Tier 3, dont you want it? (nipple rubbing intensifies)

community - But I already bought plat and the founders package so I could obtain unobtainable items.

DE - Mmmm that's too bad.. Mmm yeah you'll need to spend £91 (group nipple rubbing commences)

community - Please be gentle, I like to get kissed before i get...

If you want all the exclusive content that DE releases you can expect to pay £273 a year (three prime releases a year). The tier three reward should exist for those new or wanting/needing plat. It shouldn't exist to rob your community.

Just because you create a humors colorful post doesn't mean what you say magically becomes fact.

If they didn't put something you wanted and couldn't get except by buying in in the highest tier no one would buy it.

Besides to be honest the animation and effort that's goes into making something like that is pretty steep. Those artist worked hard and its a nice bonus to your account. You get what you pay for.

Edited by Avrose

Just because you create a humors colorful post doesn't mean what you say magically becomes fact.

If they didn't put something you wanted and couldn't get except by buying in in the highest tier no one would buy it.

Besides to be honest the animation and effort that's goes into making something like that is pretty steep. Those artist worked hard and its a nice bonus to your account. You get what you pay for.

In the higher tier? You mean like Ember Prime which has (7.37% drop rate) for the Helmet and a significantly lower drop rate for the other pieces. If you actually think everybody's going to be running around with ember primes because they all farmed it, you're sadly mistaken.

The ember prime should be tier three, weapons tier two and misa prime tier one.

-Sees a gift basket-

Friend: 15 dollars for one bar of chocolate? This pricing is outrageous!

Me: Dude. It's a gift basket. There's more than just the chocolate in there.

Friend: I don't care. All I want is the chocolate, so the other stuff doesn't matter!

Me: ...

The community's response is that they don't want a gift basket because they just bought a gift basket. Why would they want another gift basket when they haven't finished their first one.

Edited by Blowfist

Y not put the exclusive items separately into the tiers. This is what I have in mind:

Tier 1:

Scarf

Sicarus prime

Plat

Tier 2:

+Titan Extractor

+Glaive prime

Tier 3:

+Ember Prime

+Ember Prime icons

+Boosters

Now this prime access as the name suggest is to get the prime items by paying so why not put ember prime at tier 3 and those people who actually want ember prime need to get the highest tier. It is the same logic as when the founder packs were giving exaculibur prime at tier 2 but lato prime at tier 3 which is not right.

I rather they put Scarf and Titan Prime on Tier 1 and leave the void items to the void only, and that would make more sense for the old timers who have the capability to hunt for the void items themselves. You want to put void items on sale? So be it. Put it on expensive tier for those who really can't/want it now.

Putting construct-able void items in tier 1 is like opening a box of lego, build it up and give it as a gift to someone. Sure, its nice and pretty but what is the point. It really is the journey, not the destination which counts for some of us.

@ra9una Sorry that was indeed a jumbling mess most of what I say appears that way now xD. I meant to say if it is too cheap then non founder players would complain to the Dev and start arguments. There are other players out there who are not founders nor have they bought any platinum but they want the exclusives as well and if they cannot get those exclusives they will scream to the Dev favoritism, biased, etc.. and there are those in every gaming community where people just want to start fights and drama so they will blow it out of proportion. $40 is the lowest I think it should be where $50 would be more fair for both parties and $60 showing more favor that you want to support the Devs. The reason why I suggested that people who bought a lot of platinum should also be allowed the choice between the two is because it would separate the supporters and the players. I understand that anything over $30 is alot of money for digital items i'm just trying to cut the Dev some slack from the community arguing over something like this putting more stress on Devs. Warframe will be the game I have every put the most of real time money into xD.

Okay, i get it, that does seem right. 

I'll be honest, disregarding the whole founder non-founder drama. I would be more inclined to buy prime access, if I didn't get the glaive prime, I want that thing, really bad, but I want to hunt the little bugger down and build it, wait for it to build and then be happy about my shiny face slicer.

-Sees a gift basket-

Friend: 15 dollars for one bar of chocolate? This pricing is outrageous!

Me: Dude. It's a gift basket. There's more than just the chocolate in there.

Friend: I don't care. All I want is the chocolate, so the other stuff doesn't matter!

Me: ...

fail, you can get chocolate without buying an entire gift basket. hell you can even make it yourself.

I don't really see the problem with prime access pack. 

Founder packages offered more impact than this pack in term of gameplay. It offered two unique weapons, one unobtainable prime frame, and mountain of platinum. That's what Founders paid for and DE delivered.

New pack offer totally different items and two exclusive items - a scarf and a drone. Frankly, not really that good of a deal except for another boatload of platinum. The scarf is like Founder's badges - a symbolic thank you from DE that separate devoted supporters from the rest of the players.

If anyone say they're collector, why not try to whine about not getting Founder's badges?

If anyone say they're collector, why not try to whine about not getting Founder's badges?

Here's the thing. The founder's pack is time exclusive and is only available to people whom are willing to put money down on its early stage of development; hence Founder's pack. A basic founder's pack can be had for like $20? Everything from the founder's pack is exclusive.

Now we have a pack whereby things which are not exclusive, construct-able in the lower tier which the unconstruct-able one is locked behind a $140 wall. How many of us are willing to pay that amount every 2 months or so. And even if you are able/want to do so, there are people who want to build their own and feel the breeze of the journey.

Im still trying to figure out why ninjas have scarves.

They seem like they would be more of a pain in the &#! than they're worth. You are sneakily running around a corner, you arent seen but the guard sees the tail end of a scarf. Pure giveaway

Not to mention a tripping hazard when rolling aboots on the floor.

2yya2rd.jpg

Someone better remember this...

people already paid money for the pack thinking that the scarf would be exclusive. DE can´t do nothing now, so stop complaining about it

They didn't state which tier it would be exclusive too and they didn't state if it would be released in future prime releases. If they so chose they could switch any and all of those tiers around without any legal consequence.

I'm not saying they will but they can do pretty much anything they want.

Edited by Blowfist

my opinion:

i bought the plat(founders pack) to be able to obtain exclusive items and now DE is saying "hey buy this for 70-120€ to get some stuff and this shiny new thing nobody can get except for spending 70-120€"

so to get all the exclusive items you have to spend everytime a new prime warframe is released 70-120€ lets say they release 4 primes a year u need to spent 280-480€(yep the "collectors itch" wins everytime)

dont get me wrong the booster, the plat deals and the (farmable!!!) primes are great. also the accessoirs are a good reward(it's a tiny bit unfair, but fair enough imo)

the problem that i have are the exclusive items who influence the gameplay(for example the titandrone with +100% resis, or speciall weapons or sentinels which cant be obtained in a different way)

this gear should be obtainable for everyone(farming or at least buying for plat)

the very least DE should do is to inform the community about the new prime access deal befor it's going to be released

(i read a post of someone who bought some plat 1 day befor the deals were released, so he got 1k plat less. and you can decide, whether the new pack suck or not. so buy the current one or buy the next one)

If DE did what you guys are suggesting, and made the exclusives T1 and the non-exclusives T2/3, people would be complaining that the T2/3 bundles are crappy deals.

Of course the bigger, more expensive deals have more attractive stuff. That's kind of the idea.

Yes but the exclusive stuff is not worth 140 dollars. It doesn't matter which tier everything is in, that's an exorbitant amount of money.

Edited by Critter