Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get an Endurance Checkpoint system added?

Alphas

Something that has interested me in the past has been long endurance runs.  They can take hours and hours to do, but not many people have that kind of time and energy to play the same mission for an entire day.  I think adding a Checkpoint system would be really nice that would allow players to instantly start a Survival, Disruption, or any other Endless mode at higher levels if they have reached them.  Obviously for farming sake the checkpoints would only come after a Rotation C round concluded so players can't just jump into a Survival and grind Rotation C over and over again.  I think this would be pretty healthy at promoting endurance runs since they're quite interesting and really challenge players' buildcrafting skills.  The only problem is that nobody wants to do 4 hours of Survival just to get to the TRULY challenging part.

On 2022-11-05 at 11:29 AM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

definitely a nope

Can you give a reason to not have this?  What would this be breaking?  All it would do is allow players to start endurance runs at much higher levels so they don't have to blow hours of their time getting to high levels.

31 minutes ago, Alphas said:

Can you give a reason to not have this?  What would this be breaking?  All it would do is allow players to start endurance runs at much higher levels so they don't have to blow hours of their time getting to high levels.

DE does not want to promote Endurance runs to begin with. Part of their changing to the Relic System wasn't just to make it easier to get Prime parts from the void but to curb players feeling like they would have to sit in a mission long term.

People doing Endurance runs are a small minority. Catering to a small crowd that does not interact with specific mechanics is just a waste of time and money. Don't have to look no further than Conclave. Better to focus on the content that a larger audience would even bother to touch, engage with, and see than just the 1%.

2 hours ago, Alphas said:

How fast do you think an endurance run would be over if the enemies started at, say level 500, and you over here with absolutely no buffs whatsoever to survive?

1 hour ago, (PSN)FunyFlyBoy said:

DE does not want to promote Endurance runs to begin with. Part of their changing to the Relic System wasn't just to make it easier to get Prime parts from the void but to curb players feeling like they would have to sit in a mission long term.

People doing Endurance runs are a small minority. Catering to a small crowd that does not interact with specific mechanics is just a waste of time and money. Don't have to look no further than Conclave. Better to focus on the content that a larger audience would even bother to touch, engage with, and see than just the 1%.

I don't want to sound mean or harsh, but I'm genuinely sick and tired of dealing with pure contrarians in these forums.  Nothing is ever worth doing, every proposed change/QOL fix only affects the tiniest minority, so therefore everything should be left alone because it doesn't benefit any large number of players.

This isn't some grand update or content revisit.  It's a simple checkpoint mechanic that can be coded in as little as 15 minutes.  This doesn't affect farming in any way either.  The fact that you brought that up just proves that you didn't even read my post in the first place.  It clearly states that any checkpoints would only occur after a C rotation meaning you couldn't just start up an endurance run and instantly get the good drops.

Quite literally NOTHING that DE has ever said or done has ever hinted that they don't like or don't want to promote endurance runs of missions.  You're just pulling that out of your ass.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

How fast do you think an endurance run would be over if the enemies started at, say level 500, and you over here with absolutely no buffs whatsoever to survive?

That is a pretty good point, though I think a system for ramping things up would be good.  Have the first reward cycle contain base-level enemies that then ramp up to your checkpointed level once the next round starts.  That way you have time to build up your buffs and effects for when you start going up against extremely high-level enemies.  Sort of like an acceleration lane on a freeway.  For example, if you checkpoint a Survival mission at say 200 minutes you will spend the first 5 minutes at the mission's base level so you can ramp up your buffs, but once you pass the first reward they will jump up to like Lv9999.

Archived