Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Big ram usage?

Tobbhert

1 hour ago, Tobbhert said:

My warframe takes up 5-6gb of ram according to task manager, but the ingame display is showing 1.3-1.6gb. what can i do to fix this?

Don't look at in-game ram usage. In game I have ~~1.1 while in task manager I have ~2GB (after start up, just checking nighwave). I'm running win 8.1 with integrated card so in addtion of those 2 GB I get some more.

I'm running Firefox (~1GB) and system takes afair 1-2GB. I have 2GB free from 8GB. So that's 3-4GB (firefox probably takes some more for graphic stuffs as well, so it's even smaller).

Not sure what system you are using but I have "standby" using my RAM forcing to use SWAP file. I clean it up with RAMmap (use at your own risk of course).

On 2022-11-18 at 3:20 AM, Tobbhert said:

My warframe takes up 5-6gb of ram according to task manager, but the ingame display is showing 1.3-1.6gb. what can i do to fix this?

Nothing. They show different things.

Warframe only tracks what warframe uses. Windows tracks everything used by Warframe (drivers etc.).

High numbers in-game mean issue with the engine. High numbers in windows means 'something else'.

Everything being normal, Windows will always show a higher number.

NO. Warframe really uses too much RAM. Dont look at players like on idiots. When i say "Too much RAM" - i meain and check it. 1 process of game uses doubled RAM when ingame indicator show 1,5 GB, but Warframe process use 3 GB. If i play more then 4 hours, warframe will eat ALL RAM i have. No background processes, no browsers and other S#&$. Warframe will eat all your RAM. And thanks to official system req's where whe can see 4 GB ram needed, but game will use all. Why? Leaks and game refuce to unload unused data from RAM. Just works... =_=

On 2022-11-17 at 3:20 PM, Tobbhert said:

what can i do to fix this?

Certain warframe abilities (eg. Khora's Dome) generate a memory leak on some machines. The more time you cast it the more memory you drop untill a threshold where you get a crash due to insufficient ram. Reducing certain graphic options and effect intensity may help.

On 2022-11-24 at 7:21 PM, TenkatsuQ said:

NO. Warframe really uses too much RAM. Dont look at players like on idiots. When i say "Too much RAM" - i meain and check it. 1 process of game uses doubled RAM when ingame indicator show 1,5 GB, but Warframe process use 3 GB. If i play more then 4 hours, warframe will eat ALL RAM i have. No background processes, no browsers and other S#&$. Warframe will eat all your RAM. And thanks to official system req's where whe can see 4 GB ram needed, but game will use all. Why? Leaks and game refuce to unload unused data from RAM. Just works... =_=

12 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Certain warframe abilities (eg. Khora's Dome) generate a memory leak on some machines. The more time you cast it the more memory you drop untill a threshold where you get a crash due to insufficient ram. Reducing certain graphic options and effect intensity may help.

As worded by the op, they're after this:

20221127wargvim6.png

Not specifically asking about memory leaks.

Archived