The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random Update 11 Questions Megathread

Ganpot

Alright, so now that Update 11 is out and people are just starting to figure stuff out, I figured it would be beneficial to put all the random questions about it into one place (where they can be cataloged and hopefully answered). 

I'll begin:

1. Why were Piercing Hit (down 30%), Flechette (down 60%), and No Return (down 30%) all nerfed, while Sundering Strike was not?  Are the new Slash and Impact mods equivalent? 

2. Why does the Acrid deal 10 damage? 

3. Why is there an option to equip a skin called Alabaster on Excal Prime, which turns his entire body into the color of sandstone (excluding his head)?  (Hooray for bonus skin?)  [Note: This was solved for me with the latest update.  I do not know if this glitch still exists for anyone else.]

4. Why is the game suddenly so dark (especially the arsenal)? 

5. Is the Sun supposed to give off a 6-pronged glare? 

6. Why are the chat, friends, and clan buttons so tiny, and is there any way to not have the chat window be in the middle of my screen (you can move it around and scale it up, but it can't fit back into the corner like it used to)? 

7. Why does the 1st warframe power now cost 3 mod slots instead of 5? 

8. Why does Link no longer prevent knockdowns, and is Blessing supposed to not provide immunity anymore? 

9. Why is the elemental proc chance 10% on most weapons, yet the mods to increase that only offer a 15% bonus? 

10. Is the Inferno pack no longer available through Steam?

11. Is the Mastery Rank 11 test glitched?  It instant-failed me 3 seconds after it began (without activating the first orb thing).  Are any other Mastery Rank tests glitched? 

12. Is the Synapse + Electric Shield combo merely glitched, or no longer intended? 

13. Is Ruk supposed to be immune to Snowglobe, and if so, will all new bosses follow that trend? 

14. Why does Ruk drop Rubedo (it isn't supposed to drop in Saturn)? 

15. Has reload cancelling been improved (and if so, was it intentional)?  I noticed that reload cancelling with the Soma worked whenever it was half-way done or more, which I don't remember being the case before. 

16. Is the shortened animation and damage time-frame of Overload intentional? 

17. Is the modified crit chance on the Soma intentional (I'm assuming other weapons have also been modified, but they are not confirmed yet)? 

18. How do the various damage types for melee weapons factor into charged attacks and special attacks (jump attacks, slide attacks, etc.)? 

I'll try to add more questions as people come up with them. 

Edited by Ganpot

synapse + electric shield just nerf. Reduce damage as normal synapse.

Can you please elaborate on that?  Is the Synapse + Electric Shield combo simply less effective than before, or are you saying that using Electric Shield actually makes the Synapse worse?  Also, can you give me at least a ballpark estimate of how much the effectiveness has been reduced?  Lastly, are you sure that this nerf involves Electric Shield at all, and isn't just due to a massive Synapse nerf? 

For me 

1-UI broken 

Chat not working 

2-Following keys not working as french keyboard

ESCAPE - T

Would be nice to fix the chat and that escape key fast ,is a bit hard to play withouth recruit neither alliance

Can you specify how the chat is broken (does it not show up, can you not send messages, is it in gibberish, etc.)?  Are all the chat channels broken, or just some of them? 

Is T the normal binding for escape on a French keyboard?  If not, re-apply the binding and see if it fixes it (it might have been overwritten by something else). 

The reason why the first powers are dropped in cost, is so you can have them equipped at level 0.

Uh.... you still can't equip them at level 0 (at least not without an aura).  They still cost 2 mod points with a polarity slot, and a rank 0 frame has no mod points at all (unless that was also changed). 

3. Why is there an option to equip a skin called Alabaster on Excal Prime, which turns his entire body into the color of sandstone (excluding his head)?  (Hooray for bonus skin?)

I have no option of that on my screen. mine says "excaliber immortal skin"

I have no option of that on my screen. mine says "excaliber immortal skin"

I can equip either (in addition to the normal skin).  I can show you a screenshot, if you tell me how to display it on these forums (never done so before). 

Has the Frost Shield Immunity been given to all bosses?

Why did you feel the need to utterly wreck the drop table of Ruk?

Have you experienced immunity to Frost's Snowglobe from any bosses (other than Stalker, which we already know about)?  If so, which ones? 

How is Ruk's drop table messed up? 

I can equip either (in addition to the normal skin).  I can show you a screenshot, if you tell me how to display it on these forums (never done so before). 

Have you experienced immunity to Frost's Snowglobe from any bosses (other than Stalker, which we already know about)?  If so, which ones? 

How is Ruk's drop table messed up? 

After the megabattle i had soloing ruk i took a break but He didnt just ignore the shield for damages he walked right through it no slow no nothing. No point using it in that fight. I'm going to check later but my question is more of a pre-emptive strike

As for Ruk's table? He dropped Rubedo. I've gotten other stuff off him before buuuut not rubedo. Especially since it doesnt DROP in Saturn.

Can you please elaborate on that?  Is the Synapse + Electric Shield combo simply less effective than before, or are you saying that using Electric Shield actually makes the Synapse worse?  Also, can you give me at least a ballpark estimate of how much the effectiveness has been reduced?  Lastly, are you sure that this nerf involves Electric Shield at all, and isn't just due to a massive Synapse nerf? 

Confirm. Damage isn't increase just normal damage as normal synapse without electric shield. No red crit either. But range with electric shield still longer than without electric shield.

Edited by henrylwit

After the megabattle i had soloing ruk i took a break but He didnt just ignore the shield for damages he walked right through it no slow no nothing. No point using it in that fight. I'm going to check later but my question is more of a pre-emptive strike

As for Ruk's table? He dropped Rubedo. I've gotten other stuff off him before buuuut not rubedo. Especially since it doesnt DROP in Saturn.

Alright, I'll add both of those points to the OP.  If you happen to fight other bosses and notice if they are also immune to Snowglobe, please inform me. 

Confirm. Damage isn't increase just normal damage as normal synapse without electric shield. No red crit either. But range with electric shield still longer than without electric shield.

I'll add it to the list. 

Is a weapon limited to one type of elemental damage? Let's say I have 2 frost damage mods, 1 electricity, and 1 fire damage mod. Do they combine so that I have a (Frost+fire) elemental bonus and a (Frost+Elec) bonus? Or is the weapon only capable of 1 elemental damage bonus. 

I just tested this, and weapons are not limited to one type of elemental damage.  However, mods with the same element type do stack.  So in your example, a weapon with 2 frost mods, 1 fire mod, and 1 electric mod would deal blast (fire + ice) and electric damage.  Does that make sense? 

I'm probably the only one but I think that Damage 2.0 changed waaaay too much waaay to quickly for people to even understand wtf happened. 

Just a few hours ago my twin vipers with electric mods plowed through Corpus like crazy with lots of blue electricity. 

Now I barely see the electricity effect at all. 

Status Effect mods are utter crap atm. 

Redundant mods (we already have piercin-ahem puncture mods, why add another for each weapon category?) 

Also noticed the things with link and blessing. Probably another side effect from the ocean of bugs that came with the update. 

Mastery Rank 5-6 was also borked for me even though I completed it, it refused to promote me. 

they f**ked with the drop tables so now I have no idea as to where I should go to grind mods. Not cool DE, not cool. 

I'm probably the only one but I think that Damage 2.0 changed waaaay too much waaay to quickly for people to even understand wtf happened. 

Just a few hours ago my twin vipers with electric mods plowed through Corpus like crazy with lots of blue electricity. 

Now I barely see the electricity effect at all. 

Status Effect mods are utter crap atm. 

Redundant mods (we already have piercin-ahem puncture mods, why add another for each weapon category?) 

Also noticed the things with link and blessing. Probably another side effect from the ocean of bugs that came with the update. 

Mastery Rank 5-6 was also borked for me even though I completed it, it refused to promote me. 

they f**ked with the drop tables so now I have no idea as to where I should go to grind mods. Not cool DE, not cool.

I totally agree with You too big changes for one update.

Why is Volt's overload instant cast now?

It has no prolonged animation and the damage doesn't tick anymore it only hits once and then dissipates costing the same amount of energy. (unconfirmed?)

I didn't see this in the patch notes is it a bug/intended is anyone else experiencing this?