Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr's tornadoes break and lose their hitboxes after receiving 500.000 object damage

VibingCat

On 2022-11-10 at 12:22 PM, [DE]Purzzle said:

Hiho, we just checked Zephyr Tornadoes with the Nataruk and it worked fine for us. (both for host and client)

Could you share more information about your issue? Like do you have problems switching the element of the Tornadoes? (they switch to the element the absorb the most)
Or do the enemies trapped in them not properly take damage?

Cheers!

Zephyr's tornadoes seem to just stop taking damage after your team does a total of 500,000 damage to it. Just keep shooting it with any weapon until that amount of damage is done to completely break the tornado.

Another update has been released but this bug/hidden feature still exists. When playing with specters in the steel path, tornadoes will last only a few seconds before the damage cap of 500k is reached and they stop working. I am crossing my fingers hoping that the next update or hotfix will change this.

In addition, Zephyr's passive Critical Chance buff is not applied to certain projectile weapons such as Nataruk when shooting at the tornadoes. In fact, direct hits on enemies pulled by them will have higher critical tiers and will deal more damage.

• Like 3

I really hope this will be fixed in the next update or hotfix, Zephyr is one of my favourite warframes but this problem ruins endurance runs. Notice that a single hit from a specter with Kuva Zarr will destroy her tornadoes when its level is about 250 or higher. That forces me to recast the ability again and again way before the duration expires.

Please, remove their max health completely. This little change will surely not make Zephyr meta, after all.

I just did the new Lua survival mission on the steel path with 2 Citrine's and the tornados stopped working immediately. Like I can work around having to recast sometimes, it's annoying but workable. But something about Citrine's kit meant I had to recast every 5 seconds to keep the tornados working. They weren't even doing their 1 damage ticks anymore.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, (XBOX)xFunWithFudgex said:

Just encountered this issue on SP survival and came here to see if it's known, evidently it has been an issue for a while. Still persists after today's hotfix, so I don't see it being fixed in the near future.

Feel free to create a new post to report it, let's see how many are needed for a fix. I'm not giving up.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@[DE]Purzzle Hello, can I ask you guys to check this again? The problem of the tornadoes is that they stop redirecting damage after absorbing 500.000 which is very very little in certain conditions, especially when playing with specters, melee heavy attacks, and any weapons modded for gas or electricity since their procs damage the tornadoes tick after tick. It's easy to break them in one shot in many different ways with 100% reproducibility.

Here is a video.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, VibingCat said:

@[DE]Purzzle Hello, can I ask you guys to check this again? The problem of the tornadoes is that they stop redirecting damage after absorbing 500.000 which is very very little in certain conditions, especially when playing with specters, melee heavy attacks, and any weapons modded for gas or electricity since their procs damage the tornadoes tick after tick. It's easy to break them in one shot in many different ways with 100% reproducibility.

Here is a video.

Been seeing more posts regarding this issue again and I wish they would fix it. Like you said, Gas and Electric do so much combined damage that the tornadoes reach damage cap and break within seconds, Heavy Attacks can do the same thing, and with the right setup can do it in one shot. I've been trying to use Funnel Clouds as a way to do more DPS to the Fragmented One with a Melee Setup, but I deal over 500k in less than 2 seconds and the tornados break and disappear. It's starting to get really frustrating now when using Zephyr at higher tiers of content and not being able to rely on Tornados for more than a few seconds because they stop working properly after hitting their damage cap.

The health it has is most likely there as a way for the tornado to know how much damage needs to be distributed, which is fine, but it CANNOT be 500k, it should realistically be like several hundred million.

And if that gets fixed, they her interaction with Heavy Attacks should also be fixed. Right now the tornados do not take the Combo Multiplier into account for damage distribution when using Heavy Attacks, leading to a massive loss in damage potential.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zaghyr said:

Been seeing more posts regarding this issue again and I wish they would fix it. Like you said, Gas and Electric do so much combined damage that the tornadoes reach damage cap and break within seconds, Heavy Attacks can do the same thing, and with the right setup can do it in one shot. I've been trying to use Funnel Clouds as a way to do more DPS to the Fragmented One with a Melee Setup, but I deal over 500k in less than 2 seconds and the tornados break and disappear. It's starting to get really frustrating now when using Zephyr at higher tiers of content and not being able to rely on Tornados for more than a few seconds because they stop working properly after hitting their damage cap.

The health it has is most likely there as a way for the tornado to know how much damage needs to be distributed, which is fine, but it CANNOT be 500k, it should realistically be like several hundred million.

And if that gets fixed, they her interaction with Heavy Attacks should also be fixed. Right now the tornados do not take the Combo Multiplier into account for damage distribution when using Heavy Attacks, leading to a massive loss in damage potential.

In terms of bugs about tornadoes, I have another to mention: they're supposed to multiply the final critical damage by 2, but for Cerata's heavy attacks it's 1.9 and for Pathocyst 1.84. Unexplainable. I only did five tests, so the chances are that more weapons don't work correctly.

It's really disheartening that we have to adjust our builds with this "limitation" in mind, which severely impacts Zephyr's performance on SP, where you NEED to deal numbers beyond that 500k.

This means...

1) We have to go for positive over negative efficiency, since we have to re-cast the tornados over and over again. Because even with Spectrorage+Arcane Energize and thus pretty much infinite energy, having to re-cast tornado over and over after every single shot of literal Fulmin Prime simply gets tedious, annoying and frustrating... and may also lead to "unforseen consequences" when Acolytes/Thrax dudes arrive to ruin your survival run when you're not exactly ready for them - low on energy since Energize didn't proc in time and you're kinda getting low on energy after recasting tornados over and over and over and over and over and over... UGH.

2) We have to switch to weapons that would instead proc a whole lot of DoTs(viral, slash, heat, all that) that you apply via short bursts and then just *waiting a second or two* for enemies to die on their own, hovering in tornados.. instead of just holding the trigger, for more and more damage... as it would just break the 500k barrier near instantly.

Ugh... Hope this gets fixed. -.- Or at least addressed/confirmed as "intended feature" - then we'd know that DE is simply trying to limit our bird's infinite power potential!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Kit_Kat_Cat_ said:

It's really disheartening that we have to adjust our builds with this "limitation" in mind, which severely impacts Zephyr's performance on SP, where you NEED to deal numbers beyond that 500k.

This means...

1) We have to go for positive over negative efficiency, since we have to re-cast the tornados over and over again. Because even with Spectrorage+Arcane Energize and thus pretty much infinite energy, having to re-cast tornado over and over after every single shot of literal Fulmin Prime simply gets tedious, annoying and frustrating... and may also lead to "unforseen consequences" when Acolytes/Thrax dudes arrive to ruin your survival run when you're not exactly ready for them - low on energy since Energize didn't proc in time and you're kinda getting low on energy after recasting tornados over and over and over and over and over and over... UGH.

2) We have to switch to weapons that would instead proc a whole lot of DoTs(viral, slash, heat, all that) that you apply via short bursts and then just *waiting a second or two* for enemies to die on their own, hovering in tornados.. instead of just holding the trigger, for more and more damage... as it would just break the 500k barrier near instantly.

Ugh... Hope this gets fixed. -.- Or at least addressed/confirmed as "intended feature" - then we'd know that DE is simply trying to limit our bird's infinite power potential!

On long runs with plenty of eximus, Equilibrium and Energize are enough to meet her high energy requests with Blind Rage. Nonetheless, I'm still forced to use critical guns with Hunter Munitions and Roar because nothing else is viable in terms of damage and tornadoes not breaking. I feel limited and repetitive when choosing new weapons in her loadouts. 

• Like 1

They've always had issues with damage proxies like this (and even removed Hydroid's variation), so I'm not surprised this is still a problem / bug. I hope they address it some day, tornadoes is a pretty fun ability to use and it being arbitrarily limited by what I presume to be a coding implementation bug kinda sucks.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...