The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross play/cross save/ migration/merge?

ithekeeper

I am wondering, when cross save comes into play what will that mean for those of us with accounts on more than one system, For example i have a ps4 account with several several hundred hours and a pc account with several several more hundred hours of play, will we be able to merge all of our items and frames and mods into one account that can play on both systems?

4 minutes ago, ithekeeper said:

I am wondering, when cross save comes into play what will that mean for those of us with accounts on more than one system, For example i have a ps4 account with several several hundred hours and a pc account with several several more hundred hours of play, will we be able to merge all of our items and frames and mods into one account that can play on both systems?

They did discuss some sort of merging but they did'nt say exactly how it's going to work. You'll likely have to choose a "Primary account."  To the extent of what actually transfers I'm not entirely sure. That's probably one of the bigger problems that will need to be tackled. They will likely want to get it functioning first before worrying about any kind of account merging. I'm of the belief that Cross-Save could be a reason why Duviri got delayed but I'm likely wrong. Since Cross-Play getting turned on within a week of saying what the goal was for it, I'm suspecting the timeline is either 1) For Duviri or 2) To go live at Tennocon.

We are heading into a packed full February of game releases where Duviri could go relatively unnoticed. Cross-Save might mitigate that if it launches along with Duviri if it was a February release. 

Just in time for the Holiday break. My guess is DE isn't sure what to do. My bet goes to having one single warframe account then having indivdual "character" for each save date there exist. Merging separate inventory junk into one single account isn't going to be ideal. Too much work considering some people's account are old plus others have multiple copies of each warframe. After that kinda merge everything has to be intact. Be it fashion to mods plus every little detail.

On 2022-12-03 at 2:04 AM, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

Just in time for the Holiday break. My guess is DE isn't sure what to do. My bet goes to having one single warframe account then having indivdual "character" for each save date there exist. Merging separate inventory junk into one single account isn't going to be ideal. Too much work considering some people's account are old plus others have multiple copies of each warframe. After that kinda merge everything has to be intact. Be it fashion to mods plus every little detail.

I really hope that's what they end up doing. One warframe account and you're able to pick between your linked platforms. No need to merge and lose platform exclusive items.

Archived