Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox One - Crashing on Orb Vallis

(XBOX)KazeUchihaTV

I don't know if I'm the only one but I've been doing bounties on Orb Vallis today and, at random, the game decides to crash all of a sudden.

At the moment, there's no clear cause of this as I'm simply making my way through bounties and the crashes seem to happen at random and not by a particular action or command.

I haven't been Deimos and Cetus yet, but so far it's been Orb Vallis that seems to crash my game today even though I haven't had any issues with it before. I was able to recover some of my rewards but not all of them.

Overall, it should be looked into if there are other on the same platform or other platforms experiencing the same issue.

TO THOSE WHO ARE EXPERIENCING THIS ISSUE:

Please comment on what you were doing before the crash, types of actions, is it random or not, etc. If this is happening in the other open worlds, PLEASE mention that too.

TO DE:

If you need more info, I will be glad to give you whatever I can provide you with.

Update: So I went to Cetus Zariman, and Cambion Drift recently to test this. Overall, I was correct. I crash around 30 mins to 45 mins and at rare times (30% of the time), 5 mins to 10 mins. I was both on solo and public and it still happens especially just now.

I was on Vallis, collecting thermia, and around 20 to 30 mins in the session the game just goes kapoot for no reason. Keep in mind this was in solo instance NOT a public. So whether you're public or not, this could be effecting everyone.

Additionally, after relogging on, the fractures I did close weren't counted toward my total. I mean, obviously, I know why but still and all the other minor loot was lost again too.

For me, it's occurring quite more frequently to the point where open worlds might be unplayable for myself. Even if I complete a bounty or do resource collecting, I can't predict when a crash like that will hit.

Overall, the open worlds quite virtually unplayable. Unless by some miracle, you can escape with some loot before a crash happens again.

I have no problems with crashing with the planet nodes. It's just the open worlds.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its not only on Orb Vallis, It has happened to me there as well, but this has also occurred on the plains of eidolon. As a matter a fact, it has happened at least once a day to me on two different accounts for the last week, and to my son on a different xbox system, twice in one day, while hunting for pigments on the plains of eidolon. On orb vallis it's happened doing the same, pigment farming  To me it has happened while collecting lures for a solo tricap. This is beyond ridiculous, to be an hour into farming pigments, the frame/screen freezes and 10 seconds later the game exits to Xbox home. Why can't DE fix these issues? Why do they not care about their customer/consumer base? WHY! You brainiacs are bringing us Duviri.... WHO CARES! When you cant even address/fix basic issues with the product you already have released!

Maybe you should focus solely on fixing all the garbage that we, your loyal fan base, have to endure!

Sarcastic In The Bedroom GIF by Kim's ConvenienceSnap Out Of It GIF by Becky G

• Like 1

On 2022-12-29 at 12:15 AM, (XBOX)LocDown said:

Its not only on Orb Vallis, It has happened to me there as well, but this has also occurred on the plains of eidolon. As a matter a fact, it has happened at least once a day to me on two different accounts for the last week, and to my son on a different xbox system, twice in one day, while hunting for pigments on the plains of eidolon. On orb vallis it's happened doing the same, pigment farming  To me it has happened while collecting lures for a solo tricap. This is beyond ridiculous, to be an hour into farming pigments, the frame/screen freezes and 10 seconds later the game exits to Xbox home. Why can't DE fix these issues? Why do they not care about their customer/consumer base? WHY! You brainiacs are bringing us Duviri.... WHO CARES! When you cant even address/fix basic issues with the product you already have released!

Maybe you should focus solely on fixing all the garbage that we, your loyal fan base, have to endure!

Sarcastic In The Bedroom GIF by Kim's ConvenienceSnap Out Of It GIF by Becky G

honestly same, id rather bug fixes than fancy updates that'll bring more bugs that just dissatisfy the community! so frustrating 

I HATE THIS SO MUCH. I'VE BEEN FARMING AYA THESE PAST 3 DAYS AND CANT DO IT! each time i get aya after an hr *BOOM* I crash. To know I grind for nothing and expect future updates to be good is comedy gold. It's so annoying that i want to play this game and  if i farm any free world my game will crash. the only good thing is that i do retain my aya and pigments

I've had my Xbox crash four times within the span of farming on demos zedus and fortuna trying to get my resources up for another update I've also had it crashed four times while farming void plumes in the Zimmerman it's starting to get real annoying cuz it randomly happens please fix issues with servers no more fancy updates until server issues are fixed we're all tired of getting sent back to the

Not that I don't feel your pain and anguish at the loss of good loot, but being an Xbox one X console player I haven't experienced as many issues as you all are describing so may I ask what Version of Xbox Console is each person using as it might help narrow down the implementation of any sort of fix for whatever is causing the crash.  There are very specific guidelines that are supposed to be included with each bug report provided.  The majority of posts in this forum do NOT even come close to meeting the standards for posting  in this forum to begin with.  The developer NEED more specifics in order to fix what problems you are all encountering.  It doesn't help much to say Profit Taker is bugged/ crashed/ etc. without giving more specifics about what the environment was like at the time of the crash.  i.e. Who was the host, How many in your squad, what were you doing at the time of the crash, What Version of Console you are using, How are you connected to the internet (WiFi, Network cable), it all matters as it will help the Devs narrow their focus on what to fix.

If you are really serious about having things fixed than, you all need to step up and give the Devs more info otherwise NOTHING will be done.  The Devs do not have the time to look at every players bug encounter unless they see a specific pattern.  Just saying my game crashed is NOT enough.  I want things to run smoothly just like everyone else but it's up to us to help the Devs in any way possible, to ensure they can find the problem and fix it.

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

PS
If console players are connected to the Internet via WiFi,  that alone will be a major cause for possible connection issues resulting in the game bugging out.  If at all possible I highly recommend using a Network Cable as it will alleviate at least the majority of connection based crashes you might be experiencing.  It can only improve the quality of your game-play by be hard wired so if possible use a network cable and see if it helps.

Same issue
Im playing on the old Xbox ONE and the Xbox ONE S. This only happens when playing in open world maps with Orb Valis being the absolute worst. It crashes in solo lobbies and Public. With no warning at all. It seems random, but it sometimes crashes when someone attempts to join a game. Which leads me to believe that the old Xboxes cannot keep up with the loading times (if someone joins, the game freezes for 5 seconds, which is normal). I get the feeling that Warframe asks my old crusty xbox to surpass its limits which causes the xbox to kill the game.

Sometimes my loot is saved somehow (Mining gems), but this is annoying because grinding faction standing i not saved, unless it is standing gained from a bounty. And loot grabbed from the floor is never saved.

Its pretty annoying tbf, everytime I enter the Vallis I speed run whatever I need to do, like mining, fishing, killing the profit and exploiter orb and closing thermia fractures. Extracting after every mission is a must as continuing is dangerously risky. I want to be able to chain bounties but I cant. I always have to leave whenever I find a good group of people, which is sad.

• Like 2

1/9 Update: I've been farming on Orb Vallis and other open worlds, doing various bounties and such like I stated in my FIRST INITIAL post. Randomly, my game freezes from 1 to 3 seconds and immediately crashes, losing most of my progress such as standing, resources, etc.

This must be fixed with the utmost importance as the open worlds are quite crucial to new and veteran players alike.

To whom it may concern, if you need anymore information regarding this, please quote and/or reply this comment.

• Like 1

Crashing like crazy. 3 out of 4 bounty attempts I tried at Fortuna today froze then crashed…. Losing everything along with it. So frustrating. No issues with regular nodes or Zairman bounties, just the open world stuff. I have great hardwired internet, Xbox One, and I was in public matches at time. This needs addressed. Makes it unplayable. Can’t do nightwave challenge because of it. 

• Like 2

I contacted tech support and they asked me to follow these steps..:

----------

"Hello Darktriderr,

Thank you for contacting us.

Start by completely resetting your modem, router, and console.

To do this, turn off the devices, unplug them and wait for about 2 minutes.

After that, turn them on again. Then check the integrity of the game files. For that:

1. Launch Warframe and make sure it wasn't already running in the background.

2. Press the LB + RB + Y buttons simultaneously as soon as the text VERIFYING DOWNLOAD CACHE appears.

So please clear the Warframe Cache on your console:

1. From the Main Menu, select the My Games & Apps option.

2. Select the game, press the Menu button on your controller and select the Manage Game option.

3. Scroll right, select the Warframe's save data (in the Save Data section) and press the A button on your controller.

4. You will see a confirmation window for deleting this game's data:

• Choose the "Delete All" option as this will remove your Warframe data from this console, the cloud, and other consoles you've played on.

Attention: This will delete your shortcut settings and other custom in-game settings.

Your progress will not be affected. If the problem still persists, please contact us again.

[DE]Philippe"

----------

I confess I'm pretty scared to do it... Yeah, erasing the game data from the console and the cloud(!?), chills my spine.

What do you think?

yes I see this is a huge issue that no-one is working on.  I cant bare the thought of going to Orb Vallis knowing in the end I will be doing it all for nothing, just today I was doing the night wave missions to get the prefect Animal captures and scans and killing 500 enemies with archgun/  then it freezes and I lost all the progress I made, sad really it makes me no longer want to play no longer spend money on this broken game, so this is what happen  I was in the spaceport after doing hunting and scanning and was up to 150 something on killing corpus scum and  I was playing with Ivara Prime  at this particular moment I was in my necramech shooting and the game froze and next thing I know I was on my home screen of Xbox.  (maybe be an important detail  I have the Vigilante Supplies mod fully ranked on my Baza Prime and the secondary ammo after the Baza was full they stuck to Ivara making the horrible noise so I changed to secondary weapon and back again, same thing. thats when I went back to my necramech and  then it froze)  if this obviously is a huge issue why does it feel like we all are wasting our time  resources and money on this game?  

This is not the first time this happened yesterday I was going the  Exploiter orb mission farming for Hildryn and same thing froze and kicked me to the home screen, all the energy support and shield restorers all the time I spent, all the resources I collected and everything gone colossal waste of time. If ever you want to get a hurry bug under your arises and get cross save done that'd be great, my roommate has a PC account they said not an issue on PC.  

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Darktriderr said:

I confess I'm pretty scared to do it... Yeah, erasing the game data from the console and the cloud(!?), chills my spine.

Your account is completely safe. It's not stored on you xbox nor your cloud storage. It's stored on DE servers, so it's completely safe. 

I would advise everyone in this thread to follow support advice. I would be surprised if a full reinstall didn't fix most of the issues. Also, make sure to clean out any dust etc.

49 minutes ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

Your account is completely safe. It's not stored on you xbox nor your cloud storage. It's stored on DE servers, so it's completely safe. 

I would advise everyone in this thread to follow support advice. I would be surprised if a full reinstall didn't fix most of the issues. Also, make sure to clean out any dust etc.

OK! I think I'll try... Thanks for the help, it put me at ease.

21 hours ago, (XBOX)Shad0w7868 said:

3 out of 4 bounty attempts I tried at Fortuna today froze then crashed…. Losing everything

Just spent an hour watching host migration. Got in Deimos, ran an endless. Was going to do 5. A squad member bailed at 4. Host migration then connection lost. Ugh. Zero rewards. Then I go ok maybe RJ will work. Joined any crew. Started the mission. End of mission I go yes! It worked! Boom, host migration as someone apparently leaves at the mission complete screen. I get reloaded, alone, in someone else's RJ (not mine). I can't exit, leave squad or abandon mission. I'm stuck, waited 5 mins while the RJ was hyperwarping endlessly and another player actually joined after some minutes lol. We're both stuck. I had to shut down WF. Restart, check last mission results and yep, still a void fissure mission I did an hour ago. Zero rewards for the complete RJ mission. (maybe they got kept but the screen didn't show the mission, like I never did it). Again, DE owes me 15,000,000 credits, 100k Endo, 3 million focus for shards I lost, etc etc etc. I'm almost at that point where it's not worth it. Screen cap is from handcuffed RJ session. I mean, once I started a fissure mission and ended up in a SO mission lol. ??

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ7jpZDVN2u

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Duratan68 said:

Exploiter orb mission farming for Hildryn and same thing froze and kicked me to the home screen

This has been the worst lately. Exploiter crashes 3 out of 4 times, maybe more. I saw the comment about reinstall - I'll have to try that. 

It was never this bad, since Lua and Zariman. The spring and summer (my early days of playing) WF worked fine. In fact I don't remember it ever crashing.

On 2022-12-28 at 11:15 PM, (XBOX)LocDown said:

When you cant even address/fix basic issues with the product you already have released

Yeah, the loss is easy to fix. The game is already communicating with the server in real time and keeping a matrix of rewards and loot accumulated during the mission. Every 5-10 sec they could simply write a backup. The game knows you crashed. It asks to rejoin the session. It knows who was in the session, when, for how long etc. Rarely I can actually rejoin. If session is not available, or lost or another player joined in your spot, the game simply displays your last progress and awards those items. That would be great, the crashes are not the main issue. It's that you get zero for your time and effort. 

16 hours ago, (XBOX)Darktriderr said:

I contacted tech support and they asked me to follow these steps..:

----------

"Hello Darktriderr,

Thank you for contacting us.

Start by completely resetting your modem, router, and console.

To do this, turn off the devices, unplug them and wait for about 2 minutes.

After that, turn them on again. Then check the integrity of the game files. For that:

1. Launch Warframe and make sure it wasn't already running in the background.

2. Press the LB + RB + Y buttons simultaneously as soon as the text VERIFYING DOWNLOAD CACHE appears.

So please clear the Warframe Cache on your console:

1. From the Main Menu, select the My Games & Apps option.

2. Select the game, press the Menu button on your controller and select the Manage Game option.

3. Scroll right, select the Warframe's save data (in the Save Data section) and press the A button on your controller.

4. You will see a confirmation window for deleting this game's data:

• Choose the "Delete All" option as this will remove your Warframe data from this console, the cloud, and other consoles you've played on.

Attention: This will delete your shortcut settings and other custom in-game settings.

Your progress will not be affected. If the problem still persists, please contact us again.

[DE]Philippe"

----------

What do you think?

DE can drop 4 updates/hot-fixes in a single day, as they have done before (recently)... I'm not doing anything but posting here for DE to do their JOBS. They just love for us to suffer while they sit on their hands and work on the Duviri update... that's where their priorities LIE! Its obvious they don't care about anything else, or this issue would be fixed already.