The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Stalker Is Getting Out Of Hand

leonvision

On one of my alert missions, he was LITERALLY UNKILLABLE. His health wouldn't even fall when I shot him. OGRIS/ACRID/DUAL ICHORS and all ULTI frame attacks and concentrative attacks like antimatterdrop WHERE 4 players constantly spammed at it didn't even scratch the stalker. Am I supposed to run or even try and kill it? I dunno.

On one of my alert missions, he was LITERALLY UNKILLABLE. His health wouldn't even fall when I shot him. OGRIS/ACRID/DUAL ICHORS and all ULTI frame attacks and concentrative attacks like antimatterdrop WHERE 4 players constantly spammed at it didn't even scratch the stalker. Am I supposed to run or even try and kill it? I dunno.

He was casting nyx ult

Over the time, we have seen the changes to the stalker. From weapons to abilities but never the AI.

Older postings, people have requested that the stlaker to be more "challenging".

What we have today in u11, from the 2 pages worth of replies, it seems like stalker is now a "god-like".

Previously, if you think the stalker was a joke, now its a bad joke.

Due to the limitation on the AI department, this is the work-around? Proposed changes? that they have given the stalker to be so called more "challenging".

You know what, if i have to nuke my way out to be alive. I cannot consider that to be challenge anymore rather, Its a matter of dramatic survival. because without a nuke, i cannot be alive. and if i dont have a nuke, i might as well give up and stay down. because no matter what weapon/ability/skill wise/tricks/people you have, you are still going to be dead.

The community has been raising their concerns on "powercreep" around U9. Raising stats/buffing stats is not the solution and will not give players a more "challenging" experience.

Excuse me, Stalker isn't a challenge at all, he's straight up unfair and borderline cheats. In the Dark Souls pvp Community, he'd be the type who uses Giant's + Daddy mask +Ring of FaP + DWGR while having near-infinite stamina (Grass Crest Shield + the stamina regen buff consumable) and ninja flips and uses a Chaoshander.

This would be while everyone else is using a more thematic/cosplay build.

Dark Souls PvP was broken anyway due to the million lag-stabs you'd encounter whenever you invaded or were invaded. The net-code in that game was garbage. Technically, it's not cheating as long as it's a part of the game and can be achieved through fair means. Some spell and item combinations in Dark Souls were just not intended for PvP, and some people liked to abuse those ridiculously powerful builds. 

But yeah, the Stalker needs to telepath his abilities a bit more, and dodging should have invincibility frames. LIKE DARK SOULS! :D 

Wow... A lot of Soma noobs in move. Dude... Stalker's weakness are these following things.

Anticipation, Preparing, Knowledge of skill set and moves, Nuke weaponry, Forcing him to go melee and knowing what he dispels from you. Mainly Frost is a champion against Stalker a lot of health, armor and warframe what must be confronted on close quarters combat.

Currently I am mostly keeping Brakk on my pocket because of Stalker. I think this thread is just full of Soma noobs who didn't anticipate him and got killed on off guard.

Good thing that Soma and Acrid where nerfed. No more W+M1 champion level weapons.

so.... anyone tried to come up with a good strategy to defeat him? 

his god-like abilities sound very interesting from what I'm reading.

Loki outrunning and dodging until he looses patience and starts to go shooting mode with Dread or Despair.

Frost snow globe. Gloves off show off time. (I know that he is immune to the slow effect but he will engage melee mode soon as you come too close)

Just a small correction, he would be over level 100 in pre-11 if 40 is around level 100.

Also i just got 2 shot by his Dread with 1200/300 on Mag. Was playing with friend and after the kill he goes after another players (won't target revived players by the looks of it). So after a double kill he has gone away with ~70% hp.

Stalker is extraordinarily unfair against squishy frames and frames that are leveling up. The whole point of squishy frames being as they are is that it's usually offset by their abilities. Since Stalker can just ignore these abilities, it's a waste of revives. Standing on the box doesn't mitigate this either. 

On top of that, it's difficult to prepare for the Stalker because of his random appearances. Who cares if Frost might possibly be the best against the Stalker if I'm playing Loki right now?

Its a shame that people are losing their S#&$ over this.  Again.

"Stalker is too weak!"  everyone cries.  So they buff him.

"stalker is too strong!" comes another cry, so they will nerf him.  

Hell, can we at least like give it a @(*()$ week before we decide that stalker is stupidly broken again?

You nerf him and then he becomes the random punching bag again.  Mildly challenging to new players, but a hilarious joke to everyone else.

Right now, I am terrified of stalker.  This is a damn good thing.  If I see the lights flicker, I want to be like "crap crap crap, I am so f*cked now".  Stalker is a hunter.  The only change I would implement on him now is scaling by number of players.  He is a breath of fresh air when playing with a group, meaning that its nice to have an enemy that actually poses a very legitimate threat, but going solo, his attack patterns and damage are a bit obscene, especially when playing a squishier frame.

Also why is his dispell a bad thing?  I mean most of the ults in the game just obliterate enemies, why is it suddenly unfair that you can't just spam them against this guy?

I approve of stalker.  Not because he is challenging, but because he is f*cking scary.

Its a shame that people are losing their S#&$ over this.  Again.

"Stalker is too weak!"  everyone cries.  So they buff him.

"stalker is too strong!" comes another cry, so they will nerf him.  

Hell, can we at least like give it a @(*()$ week before we decide that stalker is stupidly broken again?

You nerf him and then he becomes the random punching bag again.  Mildly challenging to new players, but a hilarious joke to everyone else.

Right now, I am terrified of stalker.  This is a damn good thing.  If I see the lights flicker, I want to be like "crap crap crap, I am so f*cked now".  Stalker is a hunter.  The only change I would implement on him now is scaling by number of players.  He is a breath of fresh air when playing with a group, meaning that its nice to have an enemy that actually poses a very legitimate threat, but going solo, his attack patterns and damage are a bit obscene, especially when playing a squishier frame.

Also why is his dispell a bad thing?  I mean most of the ults in the game just obliterate enemies, why is it suddenly unfair that you can't just spam them against this guy?

I approve of stalker.  Not because he is challenging, but because he is f*cking scary.

Being able to nullify a warframe's abilities using cheap means (especially since it looks like Zanuka will be doing the same) doesn't make him challenging. He just turns the session from an awesome space-ninja game into a mediocre TPS who can practically one-shot you because he's locked in at level 50 and the recent changes makes him effectively level 100 and it's not fun fighting something that ignores the previously established game mechanics.

He's not scary, he's just cheap and eats up revives. If I want to be terrified of an enemy, I'll happily boot up S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat and go into Bloodsucker or Chimera territory at the dead of night in the Pripyat zone.

@Boomstick720

My problem with stalker?

You happen to have shade equipped and the stalker decides to target you. He will appear then cast dispel if shade is cloaking you. You're stunned and suffer 100 damage and he hits you. Shade re-cloaks you and the cycle repeats until you are dead (EDIT: If you're in a frame that can survive the initial slash-dash).

Simply because you brought a sentinal and had no idea stalker would attack you then.

Edited by Tsukinoki