Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did Grand Masters Get Terrible End Of The Stick?

ClaymoreNo47

I'm gonna get big back lash for this but tbh it boils down to this. Now i don't regret my decision to help DE that's not the angle i'm trying to come from but ill admit i'm a sucker for awesome stuff.

Exclusive prime pistol + prime xcal + prime skana + A truck load of plat  

vs              

Exclusive prime excavator + prime scarf + A truck load of plat

I purposely left out all the stuff that's not exclusive because that never matters, time will earn them. Is it wrong and cynical of me to believe the prime excavator and scarf is so much better? Also buying this new package is probably not gonna happen for any grand master considering how much plat we got. That means grand masters will probably never get them.

tldr: I want the scarf so bad sad face :(                         ill never be able to run around with full prime bling gear.

Edited by ClaymoreNo47

I'm gonna get big back lash for this but tbh it boils down to this. Now i don't regret my decision to help DE that's not the angle i'm trying to come from but ill admit i'm a sucker for awesome stuff.

Exclusive prime pistol + prime xcal + prime skana + A truck load of plat  

vs              

Exclusive prime excavator + prime scarf + A truck load of plat

Wait what? What Excavatar, scarf?

u shouldnt forget the design council and the landmark

i purposely left them out as well because lets be honest the value isn't as debatable. The value perceived for those two are highly personal but the value of a an exclusive weapon or gear is way more delicate of an issue.

Wait what? What Excavatar, scarf?

nvm. Went and saw it... I think that scarf should be a seperate, and more cheaper pack on its own since getting ember prime, sicarus, and glavie prime are all things we can do in game, but that scarf is waaay out there...

i purposely left them out as well because lets be honest the value isn't as debatable. The value perceived for those two are highly personal but the value of a an exclusive weapon or gear is way more delicate of an issue.

well... the exclusive gears, maybe that prime extractor is cool but i dont think the syandana worth too much

and the emblem, i think it's probably as good as the scarf?

Edited by Eric1738

These new prime access packages are like the replacement/successor of the founders program, at least in my view. They also give you a big platinum discount for the money much like the founders packages. So their target market for this is the players who weren't able to get founders packages before it was ended, as well as the new blood from the PS4 playerbase.

These new prime access packages are like the replacement/successor of the founders program, at least in my view. They also give you a big platinum discount for the money much like the founders packages. So their target market for this is the players who weren't able to get founders packages before it was ended, as well as the new blood from the PS4 playerbase.

oh i completely understand dont get me wrong. What i'm saying is we got the wrong end of the stick. $140 gets so much more than the $250 price tag is what im saying.

I still do not regret or will ever regret buying im just simply pointing it out as a fact.

Edited by ClaymoreNo47

An exclusive warframe is a much better deal in my opinion. It's not like grand masters got the wrong end of the stick, just a different stick. Different people will view the packs differently but either way people can't get the grand master stick anymore.

Not sure if that's totally how they are though.....if you check the FAQ it states there will be a new pack every prime release.  That means roughly every few months there will be a new pack and the old one will be retired.....that makes it seem less like its geared to pulling in the new surge of players and more like trying to score a crap ton of money for exclusives from a really small segment of the player base (long term, short term yeah its great for the initial surge of new players but I don't think that is their game plan).

An exclusive warframe is a much better deal in my opinion. It's not like grand masters got the wrong end of the stick, just a different stick. Different people will view the packs differently but either way people can't get the grand master stick anymore.

The scarf you will always wear and the excavator gives double resorces and you will always deploy.. Xcal and a lato isn't something you want to use forever if at all once they are lvl 30

Edited by ClaymoreNo47

The scarf you will always wear. Xcal and a lato isn't something you want to use forever if at all once they are lvl 30

Not to mention the difference in quality of content.  Compare excal prime to ember prime on a purely aesthetic level....now I'm not saying these packs will include new frames and stuff but what I am saying the exclusives they get are going to be higher quality each time as we've seen, each generation of stuff DE releases just gets better and better aesthetically as they get better at what they do.

Now let me say this though... I won't be buying this pack simply because everything but the syandana I can get in game, but if it came with Dread Prime, despair Prime, hate Prime, and stalker prime, AND the Syandana... then we are going some where with my money...

Edited by Arlayn

Now let me say this though... I won't be buying this pack simply because everything but the syandana I can get in game, but if it came with Dread Prime, despair Prime, hate Prime, and stalker prime, AND the Syandana... then we are going some where with my money...

you cant get the excavator prime. but then again all the excavator does is get resources which you can get in game so nvm its in game obtainable content.

But dat scandana.........i'd pay a 1000 plat for it.

Edited by ClaymoreNo47

you cant get the excavator prime. but then again all the excavator does is get resources which you can get in game so nvm its in game obtainable content.

but why would I want something I will never see? I think it would be better to have a set that I can look at in game while walking around... and be PLAIN AWESOME AS I DO IT!

That was the purpose of the GM pack. To have Excal prime, Lato Prime, and skana prime. You were a walking bling God that shined brightly as you walked...