Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please let us finally force host missions or other idea

(PSN)ApoX95

This is an issue which is especially noticable now that Cross-Play is essentially unlocked. Two issues actually.

Playing on an old PS4 where you literally have to wait 1-2 minutes after finishing a mission until you are 'allowed' to choose (or accept) another mission again. I was already forced into several missions because before I was even finished loading, I was already in the next loading screen because (probably PC or newer Hardware Players) we're probably already waiting for 2 Minutes, thinking that I was just not doing something.

Also many times now I was trying to load into a Mission for literally 2-3 minutes everytime just to get some random Error message (because the Team probably is already long done with the Mission).

Force hosting would eliminate one issue in which in can take sometimes literally 10 minutes until you can play a mission because you constantly get a Error message after several minutes followed by the next Buggy group which presents you an Error message after waiting for several minutes. This and railjack would profit a little since we could also finally always use our railjack.

Regarding the long loading screens though, how about making it at least somehow accessible without having to load the complete orbiter again? Maybe have some 'low-power' option which at least gives you instant access to star chart and your inventory but more in a 'low-quality UI' or something so you at least dont have to load so long to be in the orbiter first again just to either be alone again anyway because everyone left 5 minutes ago or so you at least can take part in choosing the next Mission.

I Love the whole orbiter concept but when this is now the reason why your platform needs 2-4 minutes more loading time when you play online with others then at least make it somewhat 'temporarily less ressource hungry' or If possible, allow access to inventory and mission while loading.

Both of these things are just so frustrating. Because of the error Message, I also already missed several fissures that were only a few minutes remaining because I literally 'had a roll' with several groups which gave me Errors, ultimatively letting the fissure expire before I was even able to play it. Often times I was just so frustrated that I literally preventively played many missions solo just because I wanted to finally play again and not be stuck in loading screens for half an hour.

Im pretty sure those two things, If fixed, would become massive QoL Changes for people with older Hardware. At least until they are (If possible) able to Switch to different Hardware when cross-save will be available.

Hope I posted this in the right Forum since it's not necessarily only a bug 🙏🏽

Archived