Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Defense

AreeSoothsayer

Enough is Enough.

Bad enough the Defense "object" has only a bit over 3k health. It's got the AI of a depressed lemming ... oh, unless you give it a weapon. Then it's rambo but without the tactics, firepower, or armor to deal with the level 60-85 enemies.

Well with Atlas I took care of it. 3 rock barricades. He holds still long enough and he has a small fort around him. Since the most recent update I just watched him.. walk against the wall. Pause a moment, then just jump on through.

Seriously, if I ever get my hands on the one who made the AI even Dumber....

I'll chuck them out a window, naked, in the winter weather.

There's no point in trying to defend them the regular way, the only sane way is to cheese it. Ivara invis arrow is usually what I do. Sometimes I'll give them a utility pistol, like the Sonicor modded for max fire rate. You can get creative there.

5 hours ago, Pakaku said:

There's no point in trying to defend them the regular way, the only sane way is to cheese it. Ivara invis arrow is usually what I do. Sometimes I'll give them a utility pistol, like the Sonicor modded for max fire rate. You can get creative there.

Alternatively, you can get them to carry YOU instead. This video is admittedly old, so I don't know if it still works:

I wish Chipper on Archon hunt defense could do something like this.

45 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Alternatively, you can get them to carry YOU instead. This video is admittedly old, so I don't know if it still works

I wish Chipper on Archon hunt defense could do something like this.

Yeah, that's what I mean by getting creative. The NPC may be fragile but he's also an opportunity for a free gun slot. So you can give him some wacky stuff, turn him into a status proc support, or even just give him something like a Kuva Nukor so he can ruin all of the mobs' lives

The problem of course is how he'll draw aggro, but that can be avoided if you protect him with something like Ivara's invis arrow. Not sure if Atlas' rocks will block his shots, however

Archived