Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do they change WF parameters often?

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

Ran some liches in a row, Kuva and Tenet weapons. Did about 10-12 in a row recently so i fel i have a good sense of the difficulty fresh in my mind. Was putting that on hold but with nightwave having the lich node reward, i spawned a sister. She was brutal! Just got her vanquished to RJ but man, what a fight that last fight. Also noticed other missions were much harder than I recall and some were easier, much easier. Example is Venus Proxima RJ survival was hard before and now it's so easy. I was waiting like 10-15 seconds for enemies to spawn where before it was an endless surge of enemies. I was struggling to keep oxygen for 20 mins because there weren't many enemies. Just curious if anyone else noticed the same thing?

6 answers to this question

There's a lot of RNG at play in the game, which can have some strange consequences.

Sisters and Liches, for example, have varying resistances and (sometimes) weaknesses. That can mean the same weapon performs really well on one, but can struggle against the next.

Likewise, with tiles being randomized, spawn locations get randomized too. This, coupled with updates that might break pathfinding in very specific locations, can mean you can get tilesets where enemies get slowed or stuck in certain places. Also affects the game if there's any sort of enemy cap, because those enemies still count toward the cap, they just aren't approaching.

In short: there's a lot of chaos behind the scenes, so I'd frankly be surprised if someone could get consistent behaviours in just about anything. Lol.

37 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Example is Venus Proxima RJ survival was hard before and now it's so easy. I was waiting like 10-15 seconds for enemies to spawn where before it was an endless surge of enemies. I was struggling to keep oxygen for 20 mins because there weren't many enemies. Just curious if anyone else noticed the same thing?

Console players always had limited spawns for some mysterious reason. Now that crossplay is a thing, you're probably seeing PC-levels of spawns, which I'd say is the intended spawn quantity.

The enemy spawn density is based on the squad size, running it with four players supposedly gets you a higher enemy density compared to solo.

There are also other factors such as the mission variant, steel path forces 4 player spawn rates regardless of squad size, I don't know if that holds true for Railjack missions as well. 

I also think that it depends on platform of host player with beefier units able to handle higher enemy density.

AI pathing also comes into account, in fact that 10-15 seconds for an enemy to spawn seems way too high on PC and would not be able to keep up life support then due to the lowered drop rate of support. There are some missions cough corpus ship defense cough where the game says there are plenty of units yet they all spawned outside of aggro range. Likewise others where enemies just spawn one door away.

So the parameters aren't changing when you enter and re-enter a mission normally but rather it is set up based on what other factors coming into play. 

The new Corpus ships are horrid solo for enemy spawn rates and they get stuck sometimes, I refuse to do any Railjack Corpus Survival because of it, the ai pathing is very bad, you have to play it as Steel Path to get it anywhere near what you need solo to keep the air going.

Archived