Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what is warframes in game year ?

SirPaladin555

so let me lay out what we do know ( feel free to add anything in the comments that I might miss )

We dont know the actual year the current events of warframe take place in. but we do know that-

1. it is 200 years after the old war 

2. each day on Cetus is around 2 hours counting day and night ( so theoretically we could determine how many days have passed by looking when the game realized and doing the math of how many days would have passed in game from day 1 of warframe to current day and as a year is 365 days , 365 ostron days will be an in game year. )

3. the contents on earth that we can see is africa , aisa , europe , the tip of alaska ( north America ) and some islands including Madagascar part of africa. with this knowledge we could look at the positions on them relative to our perspective and extrapolate how long would have passed from modern day to the events of warframe , kinda like the rough estimates of Pangaea to modern day .

4.we know the timeline of warframe started with the real world , as the orikin were once human , but there gene techniology got so advanced they genetically turned themselves into Orkin , and Orkin reign lasted for thousands of years .

5.position of the planets compared to modern positions of planets ignoring the made up stuff like kuva fortress or the zarimon , as far as i can tell they don't effect the gravitational pull of the other planets meaning they can be ignored. 

6.based on the fact that Venus is the only terraformed planet in warframe ( not counting infested )it could be assumed that the technology to terraform a planet is fairly new ( maybe with expectation of lua ) , if we knew how long it took to terraform venus that might also give some hints on the current year of warframe.

thats all i can think of that might point twords what year it isin warframe , unless there is some obscure peice of knowlage that stats what warframes in game year is.

I don't think the Gregorian year is ever stated. Knowing the Orokin, they'd most likely have set up their own system of years and tried to wipe knowledge of any previous system from existence.

EDIT: This should be somewhere in discussion, not so much feedback though.

On 2023-01-04 at 12:07 PM, SirPaladin555 said:

thats all i can think of that might point twords what year it isin warframe , unless there is some obscure peice of knowlage that stats what warframes in game year is.

[Spoilers for New War follow]

Quite the opposite - since Albrecht Entrati discovered the Void time has been kind of screwed, not only running at different paces, but different possible outcomes happening at the same time and being mashed back together.

This leads to unreconcilable timeline paradoxes all over the place, not least the Drifter (grew up on and the escaped the Zariman in the Void) and the Operator (rescued from the Zariman as a child and then in stasis on Lua for centuries) both being the same person now(ish).

I think some bits of the star system are Impossibly far in the future, some are in the past, some are stuck in loops (Alad V was high rank Corpus, then Infested, then Amalgam Sentient/Corpus and now possibly Narmer, and all of these can be fought now if you know where the time bubbles are).

Scale wise, I think we have to be talking hundreds of thousands or millions of years, because evolution has had time to happen.

But who knows? Maybe Kubrows evolved over millions of years but then came back due to Void timely wimey pissing about, or maybe they were all engineered.

I think they deliberately keep it vague, and the nature of this kind of time-travel/multiverse sci-fi is that retcons are free.

Archived