Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reminder: Eximus Still Nuking Crew in Railjack

Drasiel

18 hours ago, L3512 said:

Ah so the reason I mention Baruuk in particular is that desert has a hard time building combo because only the fists physically striking an enemy will do it. As you point out if desert wind gains and than loses combo you will break your statsticking link. One way to deal with this is to use Melee Guidance as an Aura so desert wind has a combo of -1 second and so desert wind can never gain it's own combo.

Point is, we have theoretical unintended set mod hopping breaking that is then fixed with a probably unintended use of an aura, all because desert wind has a unique bug and trouble building combo.

It's funny to me, I'm not saying you're doing this, but build guides I've perused about Baruuk like to call out his waves not building combo as unique and the only exalted that does that in game. Meanwhile Exalibur's exalted blade is standing off to one side going "Am I a joke to you?" Maybe I just think of excalibur more often because I'm founder but his waves don't build combo either, he has atrocious crit chance though so he's no where near as impressive as what baruuk can put out.

Oh that bug goes beyond your statsticking link, last time I checked up on it even if you build the combo on desert wind it doesn't work properly for the rest of the mission.

Yeah honestly it's a pretty clever interaction whether intended or not and like most exploits or emergent game play someone was really clever to see how that came together. I think we're going to keep running into set issues almost no matter what though, the way they appear to be a "global" bonus and pull their variable information has consistently been open to abuse. It seems if you have anything that can share one of the necessary variables it doesn't look to see if the mod is even equipped there to justify the bonus. It's not even limited to set mods either, rivens work this way with the pseudo exalteds.

I personally like statsticks on one hand for the power they offer but they are undoubtedly problematic, even archwings still pulls some mods, passives and arcanes from your frame and it's just another layer of obfuscation.

Yeah they are pretty satisfying to use simply because they feel as good as your weapons plus extra. On paper most pseudo exalteds aren't even that far off damage wise from Exalteds. Pseudo exalted's high performance comes down to abusing riven disposition for the best bonus, taking advantage of weapon specific and weapon augment mods that should only apply to the stat stick but don't, and their access to melee combo count mods; acolyte mods; and amalgam mods.

Even if they converted everything to full exalteds unless they give a big boost to base damage across the board all of them would end up so much weaker. Giving Abilities Riven Mods would help, creating exalted weapon augment mods would also be cool and potentially an option instead of rivens. I'm not sure if the accolyte mods can be added to exalteds, everyone wants it including me, but I have a suspicion that based on how gladiator sets work you'd see the same issue crop up if bloodrush/weeping wounds could be applied to both exalteds and standard weapons.

Agreed, I personally haven't experienced this issue and still want to see how it goes but voidstorms are just not lining up with Grineer nodes when I am playing, like I said before though I can fully imagine the resultant AI eximus clash.

That's fair I wish you luck in having your fissures line up. The corpus will do it as well when but it's harder to get boarded by corpus unless you spawn that one POI, Autofactory I think, that creates nothing but ramsleds.

Archived