Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Improvements

SasoDuck

As a big fan of sorties (I have been doing them every single day since Update 18 came out), I'd like a few items addressed in them:

ADD MORE BOSSES
There are a few bosses that (afaik) are not included in the sortie rotation such as Jordas, Ropalolyst, the Zeloid Prelate, and perhaps some like Profit-Taker/Exploiter. I'd like to see these bosses added in as sortie targets to add to the variety.

ADD MORE/FIX EXISTING HAZARDS
Many of the hazards (such as radiation, namely) often break and don't create any effect in the mission at all. Plus, we could do with some more hazard types, such as:
• Reduced Ammo
• Something that suppresses or mitigates Operator use
• No minimap (kind of an "easy" hazard but hey, more variety)
• Timed mission (like in Nightmare modes)
• Health vampirism (like in Nightmare modes)
• No shields (like in Nightmare modes)
• .... just like, copypaste all of the Nightmare hazards to sorties lol
• Solo-Only (maybe?)
• Power Outage (similar to the Dense Fog hazard on Earth missions but for ships/interior tilesets)
• Expand Dense Fog to also appear on Corpus Ice Planet, Corpus Outpost, and other planetside tilesets

INCREASE MOB SPAWN RATE
To keep sorties competitive in the endgame scene, I'd really like to see the spawn rate of mobs brought up to Steel Path amounts, so you're swimming in enemies. Don't need the defensive/level increases of SP, but the physical amount of enemies should match imo.

I think these changes would bring sorties up to a modern level and add more variety to them. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

6 minutes ago, SasoDuck said:

ADD MORE BOSSES
There are a few bosses that (afaik) are not included in the sortie rotation such as Jordas, Ropalolyst, the Zeloid Prelate, and perhaps some like Profit-Taker/Exploiter. I'd like to see these bosses added in as sortie targets to add to the variety.

Sorties are supposed to be doable after The War Within, so that throws out Ropalolyst, Profit-Taker, and Exploiter (+ Exploiter requires Event-exclusive resources to do)

7 minutes ago, SasoDuck said:

INCREASE MOB SPAWN RATE
To keep sorties competitive in the endgame scene, I'd really like to see the spawn rate of mobs brought up to Steel Path amounts, so you're swimming in enemies. Don't need the defensive/level increases of SP, but the physical amount of enemies should match imo.

Already the case if you play with a whole squad

On 2023-01-21 at 4:42 PM, BatVenomPL said:

Sorties are supposed to be doable after The War Within, so that throws out Ropalolyst, Profit-Taker, and Exploiter (+ Exploiter requires Event-exclusive resources to do)

Since sorties have nothing to do with The War Within itself, there is zero reason not to simply increase the requirements.

On 2023-01-21 at 4:42 PM, BatVenomPL said:

Already the case if you play with a whole squad

Shocking as it may be, not everyone does.

On 2023-01-21 at 3:34 PM, SasoDuck said:

ADD MORE/FIX EXISTING HAZARDS
Many of the hazards (such as radiation, namely) often break and don't create any effect in the mission at all. Plus, we could do with some more hazard types, such as:
• Reduced Ammo
• Something that suppresses or mitigates Operator use
• No minimap (kind of an "easy" hazard but hey, more variety)
• Timed mission (like in Nightmare modes)
• Health vampirism (like in Nightmare modes)
• No shields (like in Nightmare modes)
• .... just like, copypaste all of the Nightmare hazards to sorties lol
• Solo-Only (maybe?)
• Power Outage (similar to the Dense Fog hazard on Earth missions but for ships/interior tilesets)
• Expand Dense Fog to also appear on Corpus Ice Planet, Corpus Outpost, and other planetside tilesets

I'm pretty into all of this.  Only thing I don't like is it'll reduce the number of Eximus Strongholds we get.

On 2023-01-21 at 3:34 PM, SasoDuck said:

INCREASE MOB SPAWN RATE

Personally, I could go either way on spawns being increased.   It'd be nice for me, but realistically DE should keep sorties accessible for fairly low level players and (if it's problematic) console hosts.

But I'd still like to see a Steel Path variant of sortie with SP spawns, and perhaps with two modifiers instead of one. (With certain combinations disallowed.)

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2023 at 7:42 PM, Tiltskillet said:

realistically DE should keep sorties accessible for fairly low level players and (if it's problematic) console hosts.

.... wut

Sorties are supposed to be endgame
Newer players should be encouraged to be playing them... (tbh I want them to increase their requirement from War Within to something else, like MR-based instead, to guarantee a player is better equipped for the variety of challenges they pose)

12 minutes ago, SasoDuck said:

Were supposed to be.  But that hasn't been the case for years.

18 minutes ago, SasoDuck said:

tbh I want them to increase their requirement from War Within to something else, like MR-based instead, to guarantee a player is better equipped for the variety of challenges they pose

I used to feel the same. Now I think it's bad form to put them out of the reach of people who are already doing them.  Or who expect to do them with their friends.   Not to mention the issue of skill level  not indexing with MR.

Steel Path or some  new  hard mode version  would be a better route to go IMO.

35 minutes ago, SasoDuck said:

No. Why would you think that given all the other content that exist? Already mentioned, when it was introduced it may have been end game. But that is a very long time ago.

Also, locking newer players out of Sorties by increasing MR requirement is not a good idea. There is not all that many things for them to unlock at that point. Arbitrations, Steel path etc comes much later. Not having anything new to do makes the game less interesting and more players will quit before getting further into the game.

Archived