The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Shield Array

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

I have a valence Fusion question. My choice is to have either:

Every 10s apply electrical status to enemies within 50m

Or

50 energy to shields on each kill

I'm thinking the electric status is not useful bc how many ships are within 50m and if so, it's a 10s timer so even if they are, the chance to be in the zone and at the time the timer triggers will be really rare. Kills happen all the time though.

Comments? TIA

3 answers to this question

Its possible to take Max Shield cap shields, shield mods,  shield restore mores/abilities and try to shield tank your RJ.  But since there is no damage reduction abilities for RJ shields I think this is pointless.

Armor + HP is the only things that will make your ship safe(aka damage reduction) and the best thing to pair with this are Zekti shield that at max, reach a recharge delay of only 1 second.  Meaning your shields will start to regen after only 1 second.  Zekti is the lowest shield cap tho.   Its like the RJ version of shield gate lol.  

I cant tell by your options your not using Zekti.   So my 1st answer is go Zekti shields.   But to answer YOUR question.   If boarding parties get zapped that sounds bad ass and I would go for that..  even external zaps to help you kils fighters sounds nice, although I doubt very many enter 50m range.   If it doesnt zap internally then i think the + shields one sounds more fun(and pair it with all the other crap for shield tanking your RJ)

I personally use the Lavan's "+1000% of Energy consumed using Battle Mods is converted to Shields" but I generally spend so little time actually in the Railjack itself that it's kinda a moot point. For your choice there, I'd personally go with the Electric Proc. In RJ it makes ships unable to attack and scrambles their systems making them fly in a straight line for 6s, but that 50m range in free space is very, very short.

As said by AbBaNd0n, solely relying on shields in Railjack really just isn't tenable. You need to utilize at least Health/Armor, or all three.

Another way to maintain your shields above zero at least, is to use Fortifying Fire;
FortifyingFireMod.png
To the best of my knowledge, this also applies to any crewmates you have on turrets so allows you to get pretty consistent shield restoration - mainly with armaments like the Apoc, Cryophon, Glazio and Laith, or others with fast fire rates/hitscan capabilities.

Archived