Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 28 test (feedback + throwing mechanic bug?)

Valtaya

straight to the point: the MR28 test is throwing canisters on enemies to make them vulnerable and kill 60 before all the canisters expire

As such, it is an iteration of a former MR test, just with tougher enemies and less canisters. I have a few "problems" with this "test".

1) I see the MR tests as "tutorials" to teach the player some mechanics that come in handy. First, we did this already before, there is no need for another (more difficult) iteration of this test. Second, I have never encountered any situation in this game that requires this mechanic.... the only time I throw something is when throwing the concoctant during deimos isolation vault, and that have no timer.
2) at least on PC there is an issue with the throwing mechanic, it happens, that nothing can be thrown, which leads to expiration of the canister and when one canisters expires without being used, it is actualy game over and you have to restart the test. Usualy this happens when the warframe parries an incoming projectile, which leads to "throwing" being locked for up to 5-10 secons, way too long. You can throw the first canistert, the second, but with the third it is already a chance of luck, a gamble, if you can throw or not.
3) only a limited number of enemies are in the test at a given time, and they tend to be around the first canister spawn point and they do not move fast enough after the warframe, so it is "run to the next canister, run to the first canister spawnpoint and hope you can throw"
4) enemies do not "cluster" enough for the canisters to be realy viable (yes even with certain abilities that require the player to spam energy regen)... 90% of the time just 6-7 enemies are converted to be vulnerable
5) especialy canisters 5 and 6 are way too far apart... with 5 being so high, that the player have to "run" (ok jump up) a piller and drop from there to another platform to grab the canister... while 6 is at the opposite end of the map
6) if unlucky, too many ancients spawn, who at that level keep spamming theri grapple, which is much worse than charge

So how to fix this... well obviously I would replace the test with something that was not done before. But for starters, you realy have to fix the throw bug. All my practice attempts failed due to not being able to throw the canister. I gues that would already help and the other things "maybe" could be done with enough practice. Though I have my doubts.... like go to 1 throw kill go to 2 goto 1 throw kill go to 3 go to 1 throw kill go to 4 go to 1 throw kill go to 5 go to 1 throw kill go to 6 go to 1 throw kill....

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I agree, the MR tests don't actually prove mastery of anything outside of running around in a titania or wisp, or a invisible frame, and doing tasks that have NOTHING to do with actual game mastery. Will they do anything about it? no. Their "program it and leave it alone" policy will not allow it because players that have completed it will rage and make them change it back. 

• Like 1

I have this test coming up and it's annoying. I really dislike mastery rank tests and 24h waiting if you fail. I have practiced it couple times but haven't yet have success completing it. These tests are one of the most unfun parts of Warframe.

There of course will be players defending 24h timer because it's a "test" and if you fail real life test..... but this isn't real life.

• Like 1

On 2023-05-21 at 7:17 AM, (PSN)IdoThea said:

I have this test coming up and it's annoying. I really dislike mastery rank tests and 24h waiting if you fail. I have practiced it couple times but haven't yet have success completing it. These tests are one of the most unfun parts of Warframe.

There of course will be players defending 24h timer because it's a "test" and if you fail real life test..... but this isn't real life.

I'd recommend running Kuva Nukor if you got it, modded for gas as well. And depending on your frame choice, Aquablades is a useful skill to subsume to use.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

I'd recommend running Kuva Nukor if you got it, modded for gas as well. And depending on your frame choice, Aquablades is a useful skill to subsume to use.

Eh, I got through it with Mag Prime and Tenet Arca Plasmor. I used pull to get enemies in a group and then threw canister and started blasting. It was close though because I was missing two enemies when I got to last canister and barely got through it.

At least next test won't be that complicated just blast enemies.

I still dislike these tests though but it will be a while until I'll reach 29 mastery rank.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

The canister throw is extremely unreliable and can bug out if you hit the throw button more than once.

The mode can also bug out if you use Operator form, which renders your Operator permanently invisible, which then on transferring back to the warframe makes the frame invisible.

Slinging around the map in Operator form occasionally bugs out, slowly fading to black (burning many precious seconds, frequently ruining the attempt) and resets the operator position to a point on the ground near to where you last stood on the ground, just as frequently ruining the attempt.

Prior to Mag's #1 rework you could just yeet everyone one off into oblivion regardless of their invulnerability state. I do like the new version of pull, but I miss that old utility for things like this. You can sort of do it with a double-cast (pull once near an edge, turn around immediately, and pull again), but that doesn't work on Infested because pull makes them fly in squiggles. I did a lot of early MR tests with Mag's #1, but the reworked happened along my journey.

To beat this test I used Mag's Death Bubble with a high duration. I memorized the canister locations and order so I could be there before they appeared. I'd then cast the Bubble, fill it with some DPS, let the enemies start accumulating, grab the canister as soon as it appeared, wait until the last second before it expired, and finally throw it. The enemies would become vulnerable and the Death Bubble would kill them in the next half-second. I practiced this again and again until I could consistently pass it with two canisters remaining.

This was not an easy test. I just passed the 29th test a few days ago and that was way easier.

Edited by (NSW)Probably_Asleep

I have been Unable to do this test now for 39 days I have now given up on eve trying to do this i give up de u win I'm going back to badlands 2 well done 👏 ✔️ 👍 

Why don't u have this in the game or is it u know no one will play this so again u win