Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A question: Is grind any fun or respect your time? (warframe, destiny, etc.)

Amolistic.

Grind is a derogatory word to describe an extreme repetitive series of actions to achieve an objective. Some people may enjoy it finding it relaxing(Even slot machines are relaxing...), personally i stopped to play warframe many years ago because it's just grinding without anything else. I can tolerate grinding to time gap some objectives or levels in a game but if the main purpose of a game is just grinding stuff then i pass, I just play the quests.
I played even destiny and uninstalled after a bunch of hours, i think its grinding it's even worse than WF because it's a paid game  but the PvP keeps the game alive.

Edited by bibmobello

People throw the descriptor of "grind" on anything that isn't instant nowadays.

The repetition of content is innate to Warframe's design, as it is a Looter. As long as the repetition is interesting, usually achieved through mission variety, enemy variety, systems complexity and in depth loadout/playstyle customization, then it's perfectly fine.

One could also argue that as long as there's some sense of progression, repetition is fine too, though I wouldn't agree in full.

Warframe has some farms/grinds which are really fun and others which are absolutely miserable. Sadly its nature as a live service F2P game gives both little time to fine tune grinds and also an incentive to bias them towards tedious.

DE has done incredibly good work and is very generous when compared to most other F2P games. There's some obvious exceptions, eg Khora, but the Pity Systems of newer Warframes make even slow grinds, like Citrine, feel less miserable.

So is any grind ever fun? Sometimes, yeah, as long as the gameplay is still interesting. It's about the trip not the destination.

Edited by Petroklos
  • Like 2