Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Ability Augments

(XBOX)Ivan of Jupiter

Many of the Helminth abilities are neat, but easily get outshined by proper Warframe abilities. It’s a shame, I feel like many of them could be expanded upon to be made more useful. Ideally they would just get reworked, but augments often serve the purpose of just making meh abilities good anyway so here’s my concepts for Helminth Augments.

Empowering Aura (Empower): Lose the ability to grant yourself 50% power strength. Create an aura for a duration that grants nearby allies 50% power strength. 

Energized Armament (Energized Munitions): Converts 100% of weapon damage into electricity damage for the duration of the ability.

Shared Suffering (Expedite Suffering): status removed from enemy is transferred to a nearby enemy.

Killer Instinct (Golden Instinct): If a kill is made while the ability is tracking an item, extends duration by 3 seconds per kill.

Hideous Protection (Hideous Resistance):  once a stack is used gain 50% damage resistance for 3 seconds. 

Infested Warp (Infested Mobility): Create an entry point on ability cast. An exit point is created on Ability end. Allies can interact with either point to send them to the other.

Summon Helminth (Master’s Summons): Summon a powered up Helminth Charger (this is separate from the one you can own) in addition to calling your companion and healing it.

Overload Shields (Rebuild Shields): Overload shield capacity, restoring shields and granting overshields. Overshields decay over time and gain an electric aura that stuns nearby enemies while overshields are active.

Critical Perspicacity (Perspicacity): Upon hacking a terminal grants user 50% critical chance and 25% critical damage.

Reaper’s Mark (Marked for Death): upon killing a marked enemy, surviving enemies are marked. Enemies marked this way take more damage from all sources.

Parasitic Carapace (Parasitic Armor): Sacrifice current shield amount (not max) to grant a protective carapace (iron skin). This ability has a 30s cooldown once carapace breaks.

Ceaseless Metastasis (Voracious Metastasis): Converts into a channeled ability. Every point of energy used is given to nearby allies. Grants health regen as long as ability is active. Doubles energy cost. Note: Only energy spent on this ability is given.

Seething Pulse (Sickening Pulse): user places down an aura that has the Sickening Pulse effect. The pulse will remain until Ability is recast, at which point it will disappear when the new one is made.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Ivan of Jupiter said:

Critical Perspicacity (Perspicacity): Upon hacking a terminal grants user 50% critical chance and 25% critical damage.

Just saying, Perspicacity as is is OP. Stick it on wukongs 4th and you can speedrun any spy.

Energized Munitions doesn't sound like much at first... but it's probably become one of my top-used abilities, it's really versatile with a lot of different types of guns. I haven't found the need to get more out of it, and I probably wouldn't want an Elec element tacked on, especially if it's just going to mix with other stuff.

10 hours ago, Pakaku said:

Energized Munitions doesn't sound like much at first... but it's probably become one of my top-used abilities, it's really versatile with a lot of different types of guns. I haven't found the need to get more out of it, and I probably wouldn't want an Elec element tacked on, especially if it's just going to mix with other stuff.

That’s kind of the point of my idea, which is to convert all the damage you do into electricity, not mix what you have with electricity. Otherwise it’d just be Shock Trooper.

Would it be a niche Aug? Sure. Are there use cases for it? Absolutely.

11 hours ago, LittleLeonie said:

This would need a Portal 2 like visual where you can see what's on the other side... people can move very far while having Infested Mobility active.

I was actually thinking of something along the lines of Deimos’ underground things. The ones that suck you up and spit you back out above ground.

Archived