Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin towers - more than just an obstacle course

(XBOX)DarkPhoenixRise

So, I've just had an idea for the orokin towers. They are supposed to be vast structures abandoned in the void. Since the Zariman release, we've started to see the sort of scale that the Orokin were working on. This led me to this idea.

Imagine, if you will, that you are exploring the tower, rooting out the invading Corpus, Grineer, or infestation. You come across a doorway that has been blasted/cut open, with a few corpses nearby. As you make your way through the doorway, you enter the relaxation part of the ship, beginning with an area the size of central park in New York, USA. There, you find a living nuclear trees inside porous shields to keep the radiation away from the paths. While allowing the crew to enter and look around the plants and flowers that grow from the radiation the trees produce. There are also areas with fountains, or expertly grown flora with their own hidden hazards. High above the plasma power runs provide light for the park, with the occasional window out to the stars. This place isn't defenceless though. Instead of the obvious drones, destruction orbs, and turrets, the Orokin crafted automatons to look like creatures that should fit in. For authorised people, these creatures will go about their business and behave as you would expect. (deer run, rabbits hob, etc.) Cautiously, you make your way through the environment, searching for your objective (a data slate left by a scientist, the captains key-card, a Corpus Manager, etc.) .

Following the paths leads you to different parts of the ship,

- A boulevard with automated eateries on one side, and open to the stars on the other. Music suitable for relaxing to playing from somewhere above you.

- The personal quarters of the crew, and any passengers

- An entertainment complex with different games, a long distance communications booth, or holo movies.

- Other places that may be outside the combat operations of the ship.

Maybe you complete the objective, or maybe you're ambushed by fleeing Corpus/Grineer, or maybe you're just unlucky, and trigger the intrusion system. Either way, the computer system has marked you as an intruder, and on the way out the shields have all been deactivated, and the wildlife is actively hostile to you. So you need to find the exit while fending off the wildlife.

I would suggest that any quest markers only point at the exits of the park while the players are inside it. Including on the way out.

On 2023-02-28 at 12:05 PM, at35z said:

I really want something like the Dungeoneering in RuneScape. Puzzles and a labyrinth of rooms that you unlock one by one, with a boss at the end.

Surprised they haven’t made something like a Warframe canine. Or any kind of four legged animal. With more information on Warframe origins and infested, I’m just flooded with ideas. Maybe not storyline/plot potential, but definitely something they could do to the game to make certain parts less boring for experienced/advanced players. 

Like maybe the orokin tried the Warframe experiment on certain animals that went completely berserk and locked them away believing they weren’t intelligent enough as a species so they turned to more humanoid type for the experiment. And inside these maze like rooms, a mixer of the tests on Lua mixed with the speed run rooms in the void, lies one of these creatures we must fight to escape. Wish I could draw but basically take a Kubrow, and then try to redesign the most common/vanilla frames to be shaped like the Kubrow. They would be prime designed considering what they are. And they’ll have abilities similar to the frames they represent. Like a big bulky one that roars really loud that it blurs your vision and it deals the most damage with charging attacks. While another is more slimmer, quick, and can turn partially invisible when it’s not attacking or being attacked. Sure you get the idea. 

Also be a cool challenge if there were ayatan sculpture rooms that had something like that giant orokin snake/worm that tries to chase you so you’re having to dodge obstacles and avoid getting eaten which basically spells instant death. The dying part of Warframe just means nothing at this point. At least this would give someone an optional challenge. Would want the whole game with such challenges but this could be where it at least starts until DE figures out a balance that will satisfy most players. 

But that’s just my opinion. If I could draw, I would show what I’m talking about. Be nice if the forum got together, some offer up ideas, another describes the design details, and another who happens to be an artist draws out the ideas to the best of their knowledge. I feel if more did that, DE would be quicker to make them a reality. It’s why I always try to suggest ways to make the ideas compatible for the game, instead of just dissing the concepts like other people be doing. 

On 2023-02-28 at 10:41 AM, (XBOX)DarkPhoenixRise said:

So, I've just had an idea for the orokin towers. They are supposed to be vast structures abandoned in the void. Since the Zariman release, we've started to see the sort of scale that the Orokin were working on. This led me to this idea.

Imagine, if you will, that you are exploring the tower, rooting out the invading Corpus, Grineer, or infestation. You come across a doorway that has been blasted/cut open, with a few corpses nearby. As you make your way through the doorway, you enter the relaxation part of the ship, beginning with an area the size of central park in New York, USA. There, you find a living nuclear trees inside porous shields to keep the radiation away from the paths. While allowing the crew to enter and look around the plants and flowers that grow from the radiation the trees produce. There are also areas with fountains, or expertly grown flora with their own hidden hazards. High above the plasma power runs provide light for the park, with the occasional window out to the stars. This place isn't defenceless though. Instead of the obvious drones, destruction orbs, and turrets, the Orokin crafted automatons to look like creatures that should fit in. For authorised people, these creatures will go about their business and behave as you would expect. (deer run, rabbits hob, etc.) Cautiously, you make your way through the environment, searching for your objective (a data slate left by a scientist, the captains key-card, a Corpus Manager, etc.) .

Following the paths leads you to different parts of the ship,

- A boulevard with automated eateries on one side, and open to the stars on the other. Music suitable for relaxing to playing from somewhere above you.

- The personal quarters of the crew, and any passengers

- An entertainment complex with different games, a long distance communications booth, or holo movies.

- Other places that may be outside the combat operations of the ship.

Maybe you complete the objective, or maybe you're ambushed by fleeing Corpus/Grineer, or maybe you're just unlucky, and trigger the intrusion system. Either way, the computer system has marked you as an intruder, and on the way out the shields have all been deactivated, and the wildlife is actively hostile to you. So you need to find the exit while fending off the wildlife.

I would suggest that any quest markers only point at the exits of the park while the players are inside it. Including on the way out.

Feel like the gold colored enemies are boring. Feel like they should look like the other enemy factions but with a more orokin design besides just recolored gold. Maybe have them wielding the first ever grineer and corpus primed weapons as they were built with orokin technology enhancements. Sort of like the Seer pistol. Have Vor play a bigger, more boss like role. Like adding some kind of new sabotage like mission where the Tenno detected massive void storms everywhere and learned that the grineer scientists have been trying to bring Vor back. And in doing so we must shut down and destroy the giant machine. While trying, Vor appears to stop you, but once you succeed, you reversed it and send him back to the void. At least till DE figures out a good story/plot to have Vor return permanently. Kind of lame how quick Vor was ended. A lot of wasted potential just to have him become nothing but a void ghost. 

Picturing something like a more animalistic version of certain frames. Like if the orokin tests the experiment on them before moving onto a more humanoid type species. As a result these creatures went completely berserk, hostile, violent. Too difficult to kill and impossible to control. So they managed to lock them up and used them as sort of executioners. Like when the emperors dropped the accused into the pits to be eaten by lions. That sort of thing. Already broke down some details in another comment to the other person who commented on this post. Don’t want to repeat everything.

The Zariman gave us a perfect opportunity of an open world map for the orokin. Give it a more orokin city like vibe. With a little gladiator like area. With the way they dress, they give off a lot of Greek vibes. Like they had warriors and such. Would be a way to explain the history of the Dax and such. Littered with vaults and such that have ayatan sculptures or some other valuable artifacts to gather but have to deal with more dangerous and fatal traps. Actually earn the artifacts. 

Just my opinion though. If I tried to describe the image in my head, it would be like the size of 20 Plains of Eidolons. No joke. Hard to know where to start and where to end. I’m visualizing a lot for the orokin faction. Been wanting the void to be more interesting to explore. Instead it’s just an annoying, boring maze. I’m picturing way more advanced security. 20  different types of beastframes(name I’m using for the animal experiments concept). A dozen or 2 puzzle rooms. Basically dudes hated the worlds I created in Minecraft. I made so many super tricky areas that dudes used cheats to get through it. They claimed it was still fun to explore but kind of hard to take them seriously. Always been big on puzzles since I was a kid. Kept making complex ones with legos while I was 6. So I’m just full of visions for the orokin that are like a mixer of sifi and ancient Egyptian/gladiator type species. Visualizing lots of sifi Indiana jones. 

Archived