Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invasion Gets Really Grindy And Repetitive. Make It 3 Instead Of 5?

Drasiel

I like the invasion missions I really do, they are like a fancy exterminate mission.

But having to do each map 5 times to get the battle pay is feeling pretty tedius especially since it is the same map and mission.

would you consider lessening it to 3 runs of the same mission to help alleviate the grindy feeling?

It was fine the last event and is still fine this event.

considering how many people I know that suffered burnout after that event I don't agree.

the map is way smaller than the ones on the Gradivus event and you can speed run it in less than 5 m

It's not about the time it takes it's about the tedium of having to repeat the same action five times.

Please, you play Grindframe. You should already know how grindy the entire game is, whether it's for mods or credits or mastery. It would be nice if the events mixed it up a bit but no matter how you look at it it's gonna be repetitive.

I am aware of the nickname yes. I am okay with some repetitiveness but I still feel having to do the same mission 5 times to participate is a little much.

which is why i'm not really inclined to give a S#&$. Really, the last event pissed me off. 140-ish missions in the same map (two maps actually) killing the same S#&$ again and again.

the map is way smaller than the ones on the Gradivus event and you can speed run it in less than 5 m

Noob. The stuff on Gradivus was speed-runnable in 3 mins with the right team. (Rhino, Nova, Mag, clan mates and not randoms)

Invasion kinda nails it home how little gameplay variety there is in Warfarm. If you're going to make us repeat the mission, make it different each time.

yeah it really does.

which is why i'm not really inclined to give a S#&$. Really, the last event &!$$ed me off. 140-ish missions in the same map (two maps actually) killing the same S#&$ again and again.

Noob. The stuff on Gradivus was speed-runnable in 3 mins with the right team. (Rhino, Nova, Mag, clan mates and not randoms)

I know how that feels. I really want to be excited about this event, but I'm still feeling kinda burnt out on the invasion mission type from the last event. Having to run each mission 5 times (again) just exasperates the feeling.

Edited by Drasiel

I don't mind it, other than the way my last few teams have had at least 1 afker in them (1 team had 3 :/).

It takes what, 3 mins per mission even on a pug, so it's not that bad.

again, it's not about the time it takes to do them, it's about having to do the exact same mission on the same (except for the rooms being in different orders) map 5 times. It gets tedious after the third one.

Especially seeing as how if you want (yes I do realise it's optional) to participate in every battle and get paid you will be doing 60 55 (I forgot themisto will be different) of the exact same mission.

This next part is just directed at the forum in general:

doesn't how long each battle is taking compared to during the gradivus dilemma say that people aren't as interested in participating? Maybe they've changed the numbers of battles it takes to complete a node but I still feel if the warframe community was really interested in doing these missions they'd be clearing them a lot faster.

Edited by Drasiel

doesn't how long each battle is taking compared to during the gradivus dilemma say that people aren't as interested in participating? Maybe they've changed the numbers of battles it takes to complete a node but I still feel if the warframe community was really interested in doing these missions they'd be clearing them a lot faster.

In a nutshell: There are no clan rewards, no turd gun rewards, no competition.

And the missions are the same level of $&*&*#(%& repetitiveness.

If they keep going like this, someone will come up with a decent bot for auto-speedrunning, just because coding it is funnier than playing the missions over and over and over and over and over.

And over.

If the event will slow down to a crawl that lasts a month I'm going to laugh hard.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

In a nutshell: There are no clan rewards, no turd gun rewards, no competition.

And the missions are the same level of $&*&*#(%& repetitiveness.

If they keep going like this, someone will come up with a decent bot for auto-speedrunning, just because coding it is funnier than playing the missions over and over and over and over and over.

And over.

If the event will slow down to a crawl that lasts a month I'm going to laugh hard.

I'd just sigh and wait for DE to pay attention to the problem.

I think you're right bobafetthotmail, the lack of comparable tangible rewards seems to leave the warframe community unmotivated. It's a shame more people don't take the stance that the reward is the new tileset, boss, and free to play access to valkyr. I guess they just don't want to do the same mission 5 times in a row or more for less in your face rewards.

I'd just sigh and wait for DE to pay attention to the problem.

That would also be my response. :(

I think you're right bobafetthotmail, the lack of comparable tangible rewards seems to leave the warframe community unmotivated. It's a shame more people don't take the stance that the reward is the new tileset, boss, and free to play access to valkyr. I guess they just don't want to do the same mission 5 times in a row or more for less in your face rewards.

I really doubt they will say "oh, since none gave a fliying of this event we will not place Alad, the new tileset and the new frame that is featured in all posters and PR of the game for now, it will go in the Vault with Detron and Prova Vandal and SWraith and will be available the next red moon, ktxbai."

So, there is no rewards and no choice either.

Which is why I'm saying F*** it. I do stuff for battle pay if it fancies me, but I'm with Team Greed on this.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

I can't stand these events. The same mission 100000000 times doesn't mean I'm having fun, it means I'll regret not grabbing that battle pay if I don't do it.

Why not 1 mission that takes 5x as long? How about a mission that starts out as deception or capture or something, then gives a new objective, then starts the exterminate portion before you've finished the 2nd objective? At least add some change.

I thought DE hated speedruns. But these events would be unbearable otherwise.

Edited by Replacement

I can't stand these events. The same mission 100000000 times doesn't mean I'm having fun, it means I'll regret not grabbing that battle pay if I don't do it.

Why not 1 mission that takes 5x as long? How about a mission that starts out as deception or capture or something, then gives a new objective, then starts the exterminate portion before you've finished the 2nd objective? At least add some change.

You know, you just gave us a really good idea.

I would be all for that kind of solution :)

Ah, I love when Lotus tells me she changed her mind and I have to take another 4 datamass on top of the 4 I have already.

Just change the mission type. And give the "battle progression" a timer that will increase and eventually auto-win even if people don't grind that S#&$ for days.

We get to decide how long it takes to unlock berserker.

If we reduced it to 3 minimum, we would still be fighting the second invasion at this point.

Apparently we have decided we don't want her that badly :\ comparing this to gradivus dilemna I would have expected us to be on the 7th or 8th node by now if not more. I mean you'd go to sleep during that thing and the node would be gone by the morning. (well except for martialis)

If they did reduce it 3 they would probably also shave of some of the required battles total, because otherwise like you said it would take a horrendous amount of time compared with the 5 required currently for battle pay.