Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Diluted Thermia is full of crab

Shuvok

Diluted Thermia farming isalready annoying as it is, but there are a few issues that makes it excruciating:

1 - Bad key mapping: please allow us to remap throwing the damn canister anywhere very far from the melee weapon keys, it's pure bullsh.. losing the entire progress of the canister because you exploded your glaive... You are not even holding the canister, you don't throw the canister, it just disapears cause you used the stupid melee... There is a whole keyboard to map the stupid throw, use it! yeah, controlers are more limited, but you can't let them hold the entire game down, do it for PC. Either that or disallow thowing half full canisters, this is the worst experience possible from such a grindy farm...

2 - frequently disapearing canisters: I was doing it with a squad, we had 2 canisters filling, first fracture all good, then after the second fracture one of the canisters simply disapeared, one guy got one I pressed x to take mine and it just vanished... very annoying that we lost 50% of a diluted thermia in thin air... (edit: actually the bug was the first, they are supposed to merge, too bad we got only 2 and not all 4)

3 - the most annoying one, MF Host migration. Dude left, host migration, canister resets to empty, all progress gone and fck the squad... This is a reason to never run this stupid grindy mission with randoms... I instantly closed the game to avoid breaking my gear out of pure hatred

Overall, it's very grindy, but cool when it works, problem is, too many reasons not to work... Gotta run with a full squad of known people that know what they are doing to actually be worth the effort... All to get a key to fight a boss to get his balls to craft a frame that isn't even great... Even worse now that we have her prime... I still want to forge another one to trash it in the Hellmeme thou... Man I hate this event, I'd willingly buy it with plat if I had that option, currently the worst grind in the game and the least rewarding 2nd only to grendel... What is the problem with the fat frames? why do they have to be so grindy? LOL

a few quick updates, seems like my #2 is wrong, they merge, the bug was the first run that gave 2 canisters back... so, a new issue #2: random hit-kill on both frames and canister, I got my nekros with all 7 shades go from 700 hp to 0 in a single hit... And a few trys that simply ended, a full life canister being destroyed in a single frame, not even taking damage, just gone... from full life to destroyed in less than a sec, no mass of enemys, no noticiable big enemy, no shield gate, just instafail out of the blue for a hard and random start over...

1 hour ago, Shuvok said:

a few quick updates, seems like my #2 is wrong, they merge, the bug was the first run that gave 2 canisters back... so, a new issue #2: random hit-kill on both frames and canister, I got my nekros with all 7 shades go from 700 hp to 0 in a single hit... And a few trys that simply ended, a full life canister being destroyed in a single frame, not even taking damage, just gone... from full life to destroyed in less than a sec, no mass of enemys, no noticiable big enemy, no shield gate, just instafail out of the blue for a hard and random start over...

You got hit by a radiation fart.  YOU killed the fissure and your shadows...  

------------------------------

I've sealed less than 20o fractures in total.  I hated them from the start.   

There are some funky rules with multiple people inserting cans and who picks up the partial can that comes out...  If you switch who picks them up it can reset the can etc..   BUT doing it solo is a huge pain in the butt..  Altho i have seen people carry 4 cans to a fissures and solo insert all 4 lol.   THat doesnt sound fun either....  

---------------------------

My idea which has gone no where is that Exploiter fight should be split in two.   The first time you do exploiter you have to farm for thermia.  You goto Deck 12 and insert the thermia and do the underground fight.   Thats part 1.   Part 2 starts with you coming out of that cave and doing the outside portion.    After you do your first 2 part exploiter run....   you NEVER have to farm thermia again.   You can just skip to part 2 from Vox Splaris room.  It would make you spawn in the cave.    Besides never having to farm thermia again, this would also hopefully reduce the major lag that happens going through that door from the inside to the outside....   

==============

But I do not care.... I farmed everything already,   arcanes several times over and then some.   It was worth a bit of plat to be able to farm Laz roids and buy arcanes...  but now..... Exploiter would be a killer source of ore I can turn in for standing after buying relic packs....   and hey some newbs might get my help getting stuff they want!!   Exploiter fight is super easy and fun for me but I dont even offer my help anymore because of the lag and jankiness of the mission.    The Deck 12 part can get all kinds of fubar now with Exploiter getting stuck in the 1st or 2nd spot and never making it to the shaft lol.   (Although it doesnt stop progress).  

1 hour ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

My idea which has gone no where is that Exploiter fight should be split in two.   The first time you do exploiter you have to farm for thermia.  You goto Deck 12 and insert the thermia and do the underground fight.   Thats part 1.   Part 2 starts with you coming out of that cave and doing the outside portion.    After you do your first 2 part exploiter run....   you NEVER have to farm thermia again.   You can just skip to part 2 from Vox Splaris room.  It would make you spawn in the cave.    Besides never having to farm thermia again, this would also hopefully reduce the major lag that happens going through that door from the inside to the outside....   

We can do that now, just don't activate the Heist mission and go straight to Deck 12 to activate the machinery as long as you have thermia. The enemy somehow less difficult too (around lvl 30 instead of 40)

The main reason the objective gets instantly nuked is that it has a radiation aoe, and any teammate that is rad proc'ed has friendly fire enabled until it wears off. This was probably less of an issue back when the quest originally launched because there was less power creep and a lot less aoe because of self damage + people actually aimed explosive weapons.

If you're playing solo, you can use something like Arcane Healing to give yourself resistance/immunity to Radiation procs if you have it. If you're playing public you're better off using a warframe that can cleanse status procs like Oberon with Hallowed Ground so nobody on you're team accidently kills the objective. Other than that, you could also use something like Vauban to group enemies farther away from the objective so that it cant accidently take friendly fire damage.

As for host migrations, you're probably best off trying to get a dedicated squad through recruit chat.

14 hours ago, BroDutt said:

We can do that now, just don't activate the Heist mission and go straight to Deck 12 to activate the machinery as long as you have thermia. The enemy somehow less difficult too (around lvl 30 instead of 40)

The first time you ever do exploiter you goto Deck 12, use the thermia, do the fight,  move outside, do the second fight...

My suggestion is after that the The Vox Solaris bounty table will have that mission split in two parts.   Exploiter phase 1 which is Deck 12 fight until she escapes up the shaft, mission over.    And Phase 2 that starts in the cave (outside the door) and be the outside fight.    

You would be able to skip the thermia portion of exploiter, and just skip to the final battle.  

Archived