Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Add the option to swap-out Relic Forma for Aya

3mptylord

Pictures speak a thousand words:

BpZn4iT.png

jSQo4wP.png

y46BWpd.png

Or "Aya Fragments" / "Aya Slivers" if the above rate would introduce too much Aya into the economy. Aya has both quick and slow ways to farm it - and I'm not sure how this change would effect the economy. 

P.S. Ideally this change should be personal and not affect the options offered to other players. 

Aya = relic`s worth. So logical would be some aya slivers, collect x to get to make aya. But forma bp must stay. But then having relics with some aya bloating, when you can get aya direct by farming missions which drops relics bit too much and unnecesary.

I would prefer be able to trade 4 aya for forma or  trade aya for forma bp.

1 hour ago, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

Aya = relic`s worth. So logical would be some aya slivers, collect x to get to make aya. But forma bp must stay. But then having relics with some aya bloating, when you can get aya direct by farming missions which drops relics bit too much and unnecesary.

First, this isn't a "replace forma with aya" request, it's a request to be able to replace forma with aya by choice.  other than that, aya fragments/aya for forma is a really nice suggestion

an Aya Drop is basically a token, replacing what would have formerly been a Unvaulted Relic drop

Forma meanwhile, can come from relics of any vaulting status

Essentially, your proposal would enable the ability to Exchange old for new relics.  -crack old relics into forma stockpiles, swap for Aya/new relics.

And I really don't think DE would like us to bypass the Unvault Grind so directly. (or resurgence as its called now)

On 2023-04-05 at 6:48 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Essentially, your proposal would enable the ability to Exchange old for new relics.  -crack old relics into forma stockpiles, swap for Aya/new relics.

I had predicted that exact opposite reply to my suggestion, tbh. I thought people would complain about this devaluing old relics by allowing you to crack open the 50+ stacks of modern relics and then buy-out Varzia's Resurgence Stock. But... how would you buy new relics in this system? Aya can only be used to buy vaulted relics - unless there's another vendor I've managed to miss?

On 2023-04-05 at 3:48 AM, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

We are very, very different players if you have so little want of Aya that you would want the ability to buy Forma with it. Aya, for me, is slow to acquire and I never feel like I have enough to make the most of Prime Resurgence, whereas I always have enough forma just from cracking relics. I have no specific objections to adding Forma BPs to her store - but I would consider that change completed decoupled/irrelevant to my suggestion.

The only opposition I can think of to adding Forma BP to her store is that you can Aya relatively quickly from Bounty Missions - and I'm not sure 4:1 is expensive enough for the ability to buy Forma BPs. Maybe if she had a weekly limit - but otherwise I just see people grinding Bounties for Forma, which might conflict negatively with the Relic Matchmaking Population that is the main source of Forma BPs currently. 

On 2023-04-05 at 5:47 AM, Thural said:

First, this isn't a "replace forma with aya" request, it's a request to be able to replace forma with aya by choice.  other than that, aya fragments/aya for forma is a really nice suggestion

Aye - giving whole Aya might have too much value as a reward, and so Aya Fragments might be necessary. I wasn't confident enough to assess Aya economy to make the call. Open World Bounties have a really high drop rate on Aya, but I wasn't sure if the rate was artificially high because Open World Bounties have low popularity. 

On 2023-04-05 at 9:14 AM, (PSN)manicmartz61 said:

Maybe if aya could replace the uncommon forma reward,  that would be good in my book. Uncommon forma reward feels like a let down when you're cracking relics. 

That could work - but I feel there would be riots if DE made any change to uncommon forma specifically that wasn't just removing uncommon forma outright. Allowing you to swap it feels like an acknowledgment of the problem without actually solving it. (To clarify, I don't have any personal qualms on uncommon - I'm just predicting what dissenters would say.)

Archived