The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Black box keeps covering screen

(PSN)HannyaMajima

ive had this problem before (months ago now) but its when i play with pc friends & they've experienced it but its my first time seeing what they mean. current frames its happened on: loki/volt/lavos. i've only played with friends for a few missions but 98% of the time i play solo & it was my first time seeing this happen. i've played volt/loki since by myself & never had it happen to me until i played lavos just now.

link to video showing it happen in mission & in ship

playstation model: CUH-2215B
software: 10.50
warframe version: 2.17

ok so its refusing to upload images (copy/paste or from url) so here's a gdrive link i guess to my settings/loadout (Lavos only as ive only gotten it to appear on him)

To help DE to solve this bug you need to provide a little more information:

Your console model and its firmware version.

Your Warframe graphical settings.

Your loadout - weapon, companion, etc (including mod information). What warframe/weapon skin do you use, what cosmetic items you have equipped.

21 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

To help DE to solve this bug you need to provide a little more information:

Your console model and its firmware version.

Your Warframe graphical settings.

Your loadout - weapon, companion, etc (including mod information). What warframe/weapon skin do you use, what cosmetic items you have equipped.

would i need the loadouts for all 3 frames that were affected? or just lavos since thats the only one i captured?

3 минуты назад, (PSN)HannyaMajima сказал:

would i need the loadouts for all 3 frames that were affected? or just lavos since thats the only one i captured?

Yes, it'd be better to provide all info about all the loadouts that you used and had this bug with.

I've had something similar ages ago and have seen a few similar situations aswell.

It's always drivers, i don't mean that they are outdated as sometimes updating them makes the black squares appear or makes them look different.

Try changing to different display drivers.

11 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

I've had something similar ages ago and have seen a few similar situations aswell.

It's always drivers, i don't mean that they are outdated as sometimes updating them makes the black squares appear or makes them look different.

Try changing to different display drivers.

well i wouldnt be surprised if they are outdated, my ps4's old as is (forever waiting for crossave so i can move to pc lol)

25 минут назад, KIREEK сказал:

Drivers may be the cause of this issue, but I doubt the topic starter can update drivers on their PS. Besides, not just drivers can cause this issue.

That's the real reason why those black boxes may appear:  

В 04.01.2023 в 18:42, [DE]Momaw сказал:

The black squares are called NAN errors.  Essentially, while rendering the frame, the GPU tries some operation which produces a result that is Not A Number. The GPU then throws up its many hands and puts black there because it has no way of knowing what the result should have been.

There are many potential cases where black squares/NAN errors may appear, it's a very broad sort of problem and simply indicates that we're doing something that is mathematically confusing to the GPU. Tracking them down can be difficult because they are usually dependent on specific visual settings and can even be specific to each hardware generation and vendor. Each will require a case by case analysis, so if you have something else that can reliably cause them appear, feel free to open a different thread with your video and repro clues.

In this particular case, we reproduced the issue as being related to standing in a certain distance away from somebody using the Mios with elemental effects enabled. The info I got back from the graphics engineer working on this is that the Mios has an animation bone with a Scale value of zero; if you remember math class, you cannot divide things by zero, the result is "undefined".

21 minutes ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Drivers may be the cause of this issue, but I doubt the topic starter can update drivers on their PS. Besides, not just drivers can cause this issue.

That's the real reason why those black boxes may appear:  

seeing mios mentioned it would make sense since on my loki/volt ive had mios/ceti lacera on them when it happens to my friends but its only barely started happening to me since recent updates (ive yet to see if its happening to friends again)

hmm ive tried uploading images of everything but it seems to not have took so i'll need to upload them somewhere first

Got so focused on the issue that i forgot it was playstation hardware. 😆

Well in that case i don't know what you can do, i've seen the issue, i've experienced it myself before and i remember a couple topics with that exact same visual or similar.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived