The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Keep disconnecting due to unable to connect

(PSN)Matoic

18 hours ago, Chuck_Burlap said:

THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE! Okay, let's do a little testing... and CONFIRMED!

|||FIX FOUND||||
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

So, Spectrum's Nameservers are absolutely buggered! All you have to do is change your DNS.
The best way to do this is to log into your router, go to the WAN section and look for two boxes labeled:

Primary DNS __________

Secondary DNS ________

Once you find those, all you have to do is put in the addresses of the DNS you want to use. You can use any DNS you want, but I'll tell you what worked for me.
I used Google's DNS.

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

Save your settings, and BAM! You've got it!
This fix will work for both Console and PC.

PC Users, you can change this via OS Settings, but this is a far cleaner way and will work for all your devices.

SUCK IT, SPECTRUM!

So I see a section under Advanced -> Network -> WAN -> Internet -> WAN DNS Settings. It has an option to connect to DNS server yes/no, and two boxes for DNS1 and DNS2, but the DNS 1 and 2 boxes cannot be edited. 

56 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

We've been able to narrow down the issue and can confirm this is a problem with a specific ISP.

If you have a PC you can confirm that you have this problem by:

• Opening a command prompt and typing “nslookup ToS violation” 
    • if it reports 23.40.172.184 as one of the addresses, your DNS server is returning stale information and is effected. 
  • Unfortunately it seems there is a pool of addresses returned and you may not see the bad one immediately (this is why the game can sometimes work but then will fail at random).
  • Tip: press the up arrow and then enter to re-run the same command a few times – in normal circumstances the addresses resolved might change every 20 seconds or so.

I'm one experiencing this problem for the past few days, located in central Florida and Spectrum is my ISP. Results of running the command provided on affected computer using command prompt in admin mode:

C:\Windows\system32>nslookup ToS violation
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  2001:1998:f00:1::1

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to UnKnown timed-out

Edit: Ran this command about 10 times always returned this same address and results.

@Blue_Katz You should definitely try changing your DNS. All those timeouts are the nameserver's fault, either that, or your modem has REALLY poor signal strength, however, if that were the case, your internet would have noticeably bad performance.

Given the circumstances, you should definitely change your DNS.

@Chuck_Burlap I'll try messing with the DNS settings on my computer later or tomorrow. I used to be able to see the signal logs of the modem but after having a signal ingress issue and directing a supervisor to the issue, Spectrum promptly changed out the modem to a locked down unit so I can no longer access logs and settings. Issue was fixed after I told them the drop line was bad and it was replaced(this was a year ago or so). Speed test comes back at 230+mbps down 20+ up, no connectivity issues otherwise, and easily get under 30ms ping in local gaming servers in other games.

@fdge No. I'm guessing the forums automatically edit posts that contain certain links. Even in my quotations from DE Glen it also changed it to ToS Violation.

Anyway, no updates yet I haven't messed around with DNS settings.. been busy with other stuff and just taking a break from Warframe for a few days.

On 2023-04-19 at 3:08 PM, Chuck_Burlap said:

I'll check back in this thread in a bit and I'll help anyone who needs it.

Hey Chuck I've been getting the unable to connect all day today. I've restarted everything. Uninstalled. And also port forward and still nothing. The only thing I thought was maybe bits something with me having the ps4 and ps5 version on my consol but I downloaded 1 at a time and still nothing. But it can't be my internet. All my other games work perfectly 

On 2023-04-19 at 3:08 PM, Chuck_Burlap said:

I'll check back in this thread in a bit and I'll help anyone who needs it.

Hey Chuck I've been getting the unable to connect all day today. I've restarted everything. Uninstalled. And also port forward and still nothing. The only thing I thought was maybe bits something with me having the ps4 and ps5 version on my consol but I downloaded 1 at a time and still nothing. But it can't be my internet. All my other games perfect 

April 25th, 11am EDT update

An ISP provider have resolved troublesome IP and has since fixed the connectivity issue. If you have already changed your DNS settings, nothing else is needed on your end. If you were still experiencing issues, they should now be resolved. 

Thank you all! 

On 2023-04-25 at 11:03 AM, [DE]Marcus said:

April 25th, 11am EDT update

An ISP provider have resolved troublesome IP and has since fixed the connectivity issue. If you have already changed your DNS settings, nothing else is needed on your end. If you were still experiencing issues, they should now be resolved. 

Thank you all! 

That's great! Since the issue was 10 days and thus Spectrum Florida players were unable to play for almost the entirety of the boosters, will there be any possibility of a booster extension/new booster codes for the impacted players?

Archived