Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Dex skin primary color is now dark.

KindFierceDragon

I nabed the Excalibur Dex skin when it was in gifts of the lotus a few weeks ago. I gave it my favorite fiery orange and red coloration and it looked great. After the Duviri Paradox update dropped, the skins primary color is now dark and unsaturated. Its frankly ugly. My beautiful orange is now an ugly shade of dark tan-ish brown. I can't even find a color in my color sceem that looks good any more. I'm thinking this probably a glitch. I hope is this not intentional by the developers. If it is deliberate, I'm going to need to give some feedback.

53 minutes ago, 2022713 said:

Duviri update has changed the Enhanced render to the default setting. Were you using a classic render before? On the Enhanced render, the skin appears darker than the classic render.

I was personally using enhanced ever since it was introduced, so there's something done in the latest update regarding material or lighting that has changed how it's rendered for certain.

37 minutes ago, 2022713 said:

Um... The SSAO option for Ambient Occulsion was also added during this update, so why don't you adjust it? I hope it helps.

I don't think that's the issue neither, especially since other Warframe and materials don't have such drastic changes. I'll keep an eye out to see if there's a direct correlation between some setting and that specific tint, but I truly think DE updated a texture file somewhere.

I appreciate the help though 🫶

13 hours ago, KindFierceDragon said:

The first picture was the only image I had of the dex skin before the update. so I recreated it after. although I just realized its more different then I thought. it still shows the difference at least.

2023-04-26.png?width=832&height=4682023-04-26_1.png?width=832&height=468

Same issue with caliban. His metallics are much darker now and do not match his sentients. Its really funny cuz before calibans metallics were more colorful and poppy than the ones on his scythe, now the change is so drastic that his scythe is now more colorful than he is. Also this only applies when you select a color for him, if you leave the default red it looks fine.

22 hours ago, Aphelion_Sole said:

Same issue with caliban. His metallics are much darker now and do not match his sentients. Its really funny cuz before calibans metallics were more colorful and poppy than the ones on his scythe, now the change is so drastic that his scythe is now more colorful than he is. Also this only applies when you select a color for him, if you leave the default red it looks fine.

Looks like they somehow messed up a few parameters on multiple skins and frames then.

That makes me wonder what key aspect they may have changed to cause it.

At any rate I hope they set it back in a few weeks when they get a chance.

It may take a wile since cosmetics are a low priority during the first few weeks of a new major update.

Archived